Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Taxation without representation

I hope you will all bear with me here...
    I am new at all of this.
    Where is the term Taxation without representation from? Is that in the constitution?
    Isn't this theory or law something that our leadership (those opposed to the SPP) could use to give this fight some teeth?
    As Lou Dobbs and every American with any national pride thinks, we are not being consulted on the SPP. Decisions that affect the very existance of our country are being made daily and no one is asking us or even our lawmakers. So I want to do some research. I am just not sure where to begin.

Remember the Boston Tea Party?
    I am thinking maybe it is time for a little
    Mexican Tortilla Fiesta...

I can hear you now! we need to have another little party don't we?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

The answer I was given when I called my representatives office about this was (believe it or not) you are being represented! because you elect the person that you feel will make decisions as close to the decisions you would make. Even if their position is not the same as yours, you were given the chance to vote and elect the representative or president that you felt would best represent you. They don't want to acknowledge that they are leaving part of the equation out.

I am pretty sure that was more of a slogan than anything. Not to minimize the historical signifigance of one of the calls for action by the Sons of Liberty, but it is about the same as my distant ancestor saying "Give me Liberty or Give me Death"

I am a firm believer in both of those famous cries for Freedom of tyranny.

Those in government going clear back to the Carter amin. (and maybe further) have been making 'chess moves' for years to facilitate the NAU and all that goes with it. At this point, and with all of the strategic logistics of moving all of the right government depts. out of over-sight, they have basically made everything they do legal to the letter of the law.

They are corrupt and evil, not stupid.

What has to be done is some reverse 'chess moves' and laws against what they are doing. I think 14 States are now enacting laws explicitly stating that we are against the integration of the North American Continent or any NAU.

The word wasn't supposed to get out now. Not until it was done deal like in Europe. There is time to shut them down, and we do have them on the run , I think.

I'm pretty sure that the evil people behind all of this think the American people are what you see on Jerry Springer, ignorant, un-educated bufoons and they can do anything they want.....wrong.

I won't even say what I think would happen, I'll let you decide, if one day there was a press conference and the 3 stooges (leaders of US, Can. and Mex.) said we are going to be a North American Union now, there is not going to be a US Congress or real US government but a ruling council over all of the union that supercedes our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and there is nothing you can do about it.

What happens next?
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    The answer I was given when I called my representatives office about this was (believe it or not) you are being represented! because you elect the person that you feel will make decisions as close to the decisions you would make. Even if their position is not the same as yours, you were given the chance to vote and elect the representative or president that you felt would best represent you. They don't want to acknowledge that they are leaving part of the equation out.
    What he said is basically true, but with that we are supposed to have reasonable assurance that they will indeed represent our views, and they don't, because they don't have to.

When we elect a person to office, that is not implied consent to rape us.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Maybe it is time to vote another party in.

Maybe it is time to vote out all the incumbents.Why do we blindly vote Democrat or Republican.The average American votes in more American idol elections than for the election of people who can change their lives.
    We are not being represented at all.George Bush has said it himself "I will do as much as I can to help the Mexican people".

George,you do not represent Mexicans,you represent Americans.I know you have problems with speech and there is a can in both of these words.
    Why are Bill Clinton and Papa George buddy buddy all of a sudden?They both had their hands in the treaties that helped us lose all the manafacturing jobs and created the service jobs we are supposed to raise our families with.
    Oh,I FORGOT THE ILLEGALS GOT THOSE.
    Why does everyone think that the economy is strong when our trade defecit is the highest ever recorded.
    Unemployment at all time lows?Only because they are counting the Mexicans with our social security numbers as American workers.
    I think it is time to vote out the old guard.
    Kennedy should have been lynched for what he does in this country yet he is voted in time after time.
    F.B.I doing wire taps using the Patriot act on AMERICANS.But George says they are sorry.
    Terrorists blow up the towers and nobody is fired for it.
    New Orleans is flooded out and no one helps.(not the people fault)but the politicians still get voted back in.
    Why dont we stop buying this crap from CHINA that falls apart the moment you bring it home.American products may have cost more but you would still have them today,which to me means the product was made well.
    They blame the auto workers for every thing wrong with cars.Why dont they ever blame the engineers who design the most beautiful cars that dont last.They say that can compete with Japan by building pretty cars,how about building cars with a good engine.Stop blaming the workers and their pension funds and start blaming C.E.O'S that could fund the pensions with their buyout clauses.(after collapsing the companies of course.)
    They are brainwashing us into thinking it's us.
    God Bless and have a wonderful Easter.
    BE PROUD TO BE AMERICAN BUT WATCH YOUR BACK.

BY THE WAY.I WILL BE GIVING FREE RIDES TO MEXICO IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE.
    SEE WHO TRULY IS BENEFTING AMERICA
    THEY ARE POLARIZING US INTO BLUE AND RED
    NOT RED WHITE AND BLUE

Banned
    When we elect a person to office, that is not implied consent to rape us.
    The fact is that most of those who run for higher offices WILL SAY ANYTHING they think the public needs or wants to hear from them. Their goal is to get elected.

We see John McCain tripping over his own rhetoric on immigration, trying to come back around and make people believe that he no longer wants amnesty. Even the entire debate on immigration has been full of code words that each candidate defines in their own way. Amnesty is not really amnesty. Comprehensive reform no longer means thorough top-to-bottom reform, it now means amnesty.

One would need a crystal ball to know if elected officials really intend to support, vote for/against, and behave in the way they say they will leading up to the election. Most do not.

The Democrats got elected largely because people were sick of the corruption among Republicans, and they pledged to enact new "ethics and lobbying reform" measures. So what does the Senate do in its first few weeks? They tried to slip the grassroots lobbying reform provision as an amendment into the ethics bill which would have squelched the efforts of small organizations to alert the public to what is going on in Washington and with specific legislation! And now this crap is going to come up again in Waxman's bill in the House in a few weeks! So much for wanting to represent your constituents. They don't even want to hear from their constituents.

So no, the problem isn't so much with the public, though I do think many people are too party-driven and do not pay close enough attention to individual issues and candidates. The real problem is the lies and corruption that elected officials have gotten very good at hiding from the public.

Banned
    Welcome THEMAN! You are so right!

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    The answer I was given when I called my representatives office about this was (believe it or not) you are being represented! because you elect the person that you feel will make decisions as close to the decisions you would make.
    Those who get elected represent only about 30% of the people. That is because so many Americans are disgusted with the choices they don't even vote! For example if your only choice is between a Republican who wants millions of "guest workers", or a Democrat who wants million of "poor immigrants", that is not having any choice. We are not being represented when both parties conspire together to flood our county with millions of foreigners every year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Those who get elected represent only about 30% of the people. That is because so many Americans are disgusted with the choices they don't even vote! For example if your only choice is between a Republican who wants millions of "guest workers", or a Democrat who wants million of "poor immigrants", that is not having any choice. We are not being represented when both parties conspire together to flood our county with millions of foreigners every year.
    That's why it is time for a third party. In State of Emergency Pat Buchanan sited a Rasmussen poll that found if a third party candidate ran in '08 and made border security, and building a border fence his/her top concern, that candidate would run dead even with the Dem, and clean the Reps clock. The people are dying for a third party that adresses their concerns about immigration and other issues as well. My dream would be if Tancredo, Hunter, and Paul split with the Reps and started the Patriot Party
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast