Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teamsters e-mail - unsafe Mexican Trucks

Dear Jim ******,

Thank you for helping stop unsafe Mexican trucks at the border. Your voice is being heard. More than 4,500 emails to Congress demanding oversight hearings got the attention of both senators and representatives. Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa and other highway safety advocates testified before subcommittees in both chambers. And officials from the Department of Transportation, which tried to avoid its usual process of asking for comments on the proposal, got an earful from lawmakers.

"Our highways are not the place to conduct experiments by allowing potentially unsafe trucks on the road,"
    - Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J.

This is going to be more "show than scrutiny,"
    - Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash.

"I'd like to feel a lot better about the security side of it. If the safeguards aren't in place, we should ... try to stop it,"
    - Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Col.

A "monumental" policy change that is "very disturbing,"
    - Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, D-N.Y.

"I certainly think it ought to be reconsidered. The administration is just wrong on their policy,"
    - Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio.

Even the Department of Transportation's own inspector general told a U.S. Senate subcommittee March 8 that he had no confidence that U.S. and Mexican trucking standards are equivalent, as Congress required six years ago. DOT Inspector General Calvin L. Scovel III also cited flaws in the drug-testing regime planned for Mexican drivers.

Another 1,100 emails were directed to President Bush asking him to raise safety issues with Mexico's president while on a recent visit. But news reports did not indicate that the topic even came up.

Legislation to stop this flawed DOT program could come soon. We will let you know when it does so you can tell Congress to change direction on this dangerous plan by the Bush Administration.

In solidarity,
    International Brotherhood of Teamsters
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Legislation to stop this flawed DOT program could come soon. We will let you know when it does so you can tell Congress to change direction on this dangerous plan by the Bush Administration.
    I hope legislation to stop this COMES VERY soon!

The Teamsters need to become more verbal.

We need to hear them from coast to coast!!

Come on guys........you're livelyhood and the American people's future is at stake here. LET IT RING LOUD & CLEAR
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    The Teamsters need to become more verbal.

We need to hear them from coast to coast!!

Come on guys........you're livelyhood and the American people's future is at stake here. LET IT RING LOUD & CLEAR
    From what I have read..it seems most of the Unions support the illegals..but I'm glad the Teamsters are getting more verbal...we just need them MORE verbal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUP, most Unions are out there on the streets signing the ILLEGALS up!

Did it right in Manhattan during the riots - oops, I mean ILLEGAL protest march.

Says a bundle, eh?

Even the Department of Transportation's own inspector general told a U.S. Senate subcommittee March 8 that he had no confidence that U.S. and Mexican trucking standards are equivalent, as Congress required six years ago. DOT Inspector General Calvin L. Scovel III also cited flaws in the drug-testing regime planned for Mexican drivers.
    #1- Hispanic drivers have a higher incidence of DUI's than any other people around. #2- U.S. and Mexican standards are NOT equivalent, like Congress required 6 yrs ago.
    Teamsters--Make as much noise as you can--Mexicans want to steal your jobs!!!! Don't let these incompetent illegal aliens take your jobs!

Our highways are not the place to conduct experiments by allowing potentially unsafe trucks on the road,"
    Hey Sis, I almost fell off my chair. Sen. Lautenberg is against the Mexican trucks. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Our highways are not the place to conduct experiments by allowing potentially unsafe trucks on the road,"
    Hey Sis, I almost fell off my chair. Sen. Lautenberg is against the Mexican trucks. Great news!
    I did TOO!!
    But, CC..........if he's 'against' mex trucks then he has an even BIGGER shot of poison waiting for us!!

Btw, did he come out of his coma? Or is the puppeteer doing the talking?

I'll take the second answer for $100

I think a campaign contributer must be in the trucking industry!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    YUP, most Unions are out there on the streets signing the ILLEGALS up!

Did it right in Manhattan during the riots - oops, I mean ILLEGAL protest march.

Says a bundle, eh?
    Yes it does. Unfortunately, most unions support illegals to replenish their numbers lost to outsourcing and downsizing.

"Those who favor unrestricted immigration care nothing for the people."

--Samuel Gompers, founding president, AFL, 1921
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast