Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Thanks AmericanMe. Al has really been on his game lately, especially with this.
    You're very welcome, Populist. Yes indeed...Al is doing a great job on this story and he doesn't suffer fools lightly! This Santangelo fellow was on every talk show in LA with the same double talk but Al really nailed him! The hypocrisy of it all is appalling.

I guess we can spread the word that the teamsters are on their own now, without support from Americans against illegal immigration.

They'll get no sympathy or consideration from me any longer. From what they've shown so far, it's hard to call them Americans ... ('traitors' or future mexicans, seems more fitting now).
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

The Teamsters are only the enemy of my enemy on some of the illegal immigration insue involving trucks. They represent all kinds of workers and are happily in bed with the OBL companies using illegals. They take care of themselves.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WE can not stop fighting it as we will suffer from the impact of the trucks and another step towards the North American Union, this is not just for the truckers it is for all Americans. Besides there is still the Independant truckers and alot of them!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

IF TEAMSTERS IS ABLE TO UNIONIZE THE MEXICAN DRIVERS, THEY CAN STANDARDIZE WHAT THE DRIVERS GET FOR THEIR HAUL. SO IN THIS RESPECT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE DOING. IN FACT, IF WE HAD GLOBAL UNIONS, ALL WORKERS WOULD HAVE POWER WORLD WIDE. AND THE GLOBAL ELITES WOULD BE SOL, UNLESS THEY FIND LIFE ON MARS. IT COULD END OUTSOURCING AND INSOURCING. BUT STILL I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE BECAUSE......WOULD THIS THEN FACILITATE GLOBALIZATION? AND HOW WOULD IT AFFECT OUR SOVERIGNTY?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Redpony...the Mexican truckers would still be taking away jobs from American truckers, who will be losing all the off-loading at the border. It will affect the ports of Long Beach, the dock workers, etc. And then, of course, the private brokers will be making deals with the Mexican truckers for return trips.

AMERICANME: THATS RIGHT THERE ARE THE PORT WORKERS. BUT THAT IS THE SHORT TERM.

I AM TALKING ABOUT GLOBAL UNIONS. AMERICAN JOBS WOULD NOT BE LOST IF GLOBAL WORKERS ALL EARNED LIKE WAGES AND BENES. THEN THERE WOULD BE NO ADVANTAGE. IMAGINE A WORLDWIDE STRIKE AGAINST A COMPANY. BUT IN THE SHORT TERM WE DONT HAVE THAT YET.

I REALLY EXPECTED THE TRUCKERS TO BE AT THE BORDER .....MANY OF THEM.

I GUESS I FEEL TWO WAYS ABOUT THIS. IF THEY UNIONIZE THE MEXICAN DRIVERS, THEN THE COMPANIES WOULD HAVE NO REASON TO HIRE MEXICAN DRIVERS FOR NORTH OF THE BORDER HAULS....THE COST TO THE COMPANY WOULD BE THE SAME. THIS WOULD RESCUE THE PORT WORKERS AS WELL. AND ALL CONNECTED JOBS.

BUT IT JUST WORRIES ME TO HAVE THE TEAMSTERS UNION EMBRACE THIS BY TRYING TO UNIONIZE THE MEXICAN DRIVERS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if the truckers themselves have gotten wind of this?

redponey 353 wrote
    I AM TALKING ABOUT GLOBAL UNIONS. AMERICAN JOBS WOULD NOT BE LOST IF GLOBAL WORKERS ALL EARNED LIKE WAGES AND BENES. THEN THERE WOULD BE NO ADVANTAGE.
    Not as long as there are communist countries like China who are allowed to participate in the global economy. If the world were to ban these countries from participation, then maybe you would have a valid point. The corporate elites would have to find another planet. However, could you imagine the corruptness of global unions? What we are seeing now would be just a walk in the park compared to that. No, the rank and file of the unions must rise up and replace their current leaders. There leaders are only interested in increasing their recruitments to solidify their retirements. Yes, they are politiicans in a sense.

I AM TALKING ABOUT GLOBAL UNIONS. AMERICAN JOBS WOULD NOT BE LOST IF GLOBAL WORKERS ALL EARNED LIKE WAGES AND BENES. THEN THERE WOULD BE NO ADVANTAGE.

Not as long as there are communist countries like China who are allowed to participate in the global economy. If the world were to ban these countries from participation, then maybe you would have a valid point. The corporate elites would have to find another planet. However, could you imagine the corruptness of global unions? What we are seeing now would be just a walk in the park compared to that. No, the rank and file of the unions must rise up and replace their current leaders. There leaders are only interested in increasing their recruitments to solidify their retirements. Yes, they are politiicans in a sense.
    IT COULD ONLY WORK IF EVERY WORKER WORLDWIDE WERE A UNION MEMBER. OTHERWISE THOSE WORKERS NOT INCLUDED WOULD BE USED TO UNDERCUT THE WORKERS WHO WERE MEMBERS.

YOUR POINT IS WELL TAKEN THOUGH. BUT IT COULD NOT WORK WITHOUT FULL PARTICIPATION.

AND YES UNION CORRUPTION HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM. HOWEVER, THERE IS ALSO MUCH TO BE GAINED FOR WORKERS WHO FIND POWER IN NUMBERS THROUGH UNIONS.

AND I BELIEVE THAT GLOBAL UNIONS ARE THE ONLY ANSWER TO GLOBAL CORPORATIONS. OR IF NOT THROUGH UNIONS THAN THROUGH SOME OTHER TYPE OF SOLIDARITY FOR WORKERS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast