Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ted Cruz “goes there” on proposal to force women to register for the draft

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Exactly.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I hope we never do get into another war that would require the draft. However, it is folly not to be prepared for such an event. I have absolutely no problem with women serving in non-combat roles in the military, however, I draw the line at placing them in combat situations for a number of reasons. Most of which have already been touched upon in this thread. I think we can agree, as the Marine Corps has already proven, that women degrade combat functionality and could jeopardize the lives of their fellow soldiers. This jeopardy would not come from lack of dedication, motivation, or intelligence, but from lack of overall body strength and possibly even the mental conditioning necessary to deal with the gore that would surround them. It's not their fault, it's just the way it is. If a woman volunteers for the duty and can meet the same requirements of those around her in every sense, than maybe there can be exceptions. However, It would be wrong to force our women into these positions against their will. As a war veteran and the father of a son who served three tours in Afghanistan, I could not imagine my 3 daughters being thrust into such a position against their will for the sake of equality. If women can't make it in the NFL, what would possess anyone to think combat would be any less demanding? Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No American, male or female, should be thrust into combat against their will.

Women have been denied the opportunity to play football.

These types of discussions expose superiority and ignorance best left concealed until it dies off.

Republicans ended the draft and we will stand tall and united to fight any effort by anyone to bring it back.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No American, male or female, should be thrust into combat against their will.

Women have been denied the opportunity to play football.

These types of discussions expose superiority and ignorance best left concealed until it dies off.

Republicans ended the draft and we will stand tall and united to fight any effort by anyone to bring it back.
    I don't see it as a *superiority* issue but the simple issue that men and women are not 100% equal. Women will never be as equal to men in certain areas just as men will never be as equal to women in some areas. A better wording is different but equal. This could be simply proven by ending all female sports and combining it into one and seeing if women can hold up, we all already know the answer to that thou.

Its just time to stop playing *equality* as if an orange is the same as an apple. They are equal as both are great fruits but will never be the same or have the same benefits and weakness's.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    I don't see it as a *superiority* issue but the simple issue that men and women are not 100% equal. Women will never be as equal to men in certain areas just as men will never be as equal to women in some areas. A better wording is different but equal. This could be simply proven by ending all female sports and combining it into one and seeing if women can hold up, we all already know the answer to that thou.

Its just time to stop playing *equality* as if an orange is the same as an apple. They are equal as both are great fruits but will never be the same or have the same benefits and weakness's.
    There are some women who are bigger and stronger than some men. There are some women who can take "gore" better than some men. There are some women who are meaner emotionally and tougher mentally than some men. In fact most American women are bigger, stronger and meaner than most men on the planet, especially from countries with all those huge populations who have small people.

And honestly, you all should know that and avoid these types of discussions. Who is or is not fit and capable is not a gender issue. Sure, most women have no interest in combat or military operations of any kind, just like most men. But for those men and women who do have an interest, if you can do the job and want to do the job, then you should have the opportunity to do the job.

Regardless, the issue of the draft of anyone has been addressed. We have a volunteer military, we're going to continue to have one, and questions like "should women sign up for the selective service" are not appropriate in political campaign debates. They're raised to put men on the spot who haven't really thought it through, and create divide. The question should have been, "should the federal government do away with the requirement for anyone to sign up for the selective service now that we have a volunteer military", and the answer is yes. We should definitely do away with the selective service requirement altogether.

Furthermore, if and when the United States is attacked, I can promise you that every American man, woman and child old enough to hold a weapon will be on their feet and out the door to kill the enemy without a second thought, and you all will be glad they did. That's how we founded this country and that is how we'll save it should the need arise again.

MW
    Conscription only exist in the United States in case of emergency. This is the right policy because of the world we live in. It would not be in our national interest to hide our heads in the sand and pretend war is not a possibility. As unfortunate as it is, emergency conscription is a necessary evil.

• Number of countries where conscription exist: 64
    • Number of countries where selective conscription exist: 8
    • Number of countries where conscription possible in emergency: 13

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kind of off topic but as a vet I'm actually a supporter of mandatory service for 2-4 years (depends on the chosen military occupation/training level). But first I'd want our nose out of everyone else's business (but keep enemies out of our country and our business). The military has a lot to teach in respect, hard work, and understanding other cultures/values.

Ever see the movie Starship Troopers? That's a system I'd like.... minus the giant bugs and the religious nuts. But hey, that's just me.

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy

I understand about mandatory service, but I'm personally opposed to government mandates, because it seems to me the government has its hands full taking care of its own obligations and for many decades now, it hasn't been able to fulfill even its most basic and fundamental responsibilities to the American People from controlling immigration and protecting our trade to securing our treasury.

MW
    Women Have Spoken About Registering for a Military Draft — Let’s Just Say It Wasn’t Even Close

BY JOE PERTICONE (19 HOURS AGO) | MILITARY

SHARETWEETEMAIL

Getty - Scott Olson

Most American women are against having to register for a military draft, a Rasmussen Reports poll found Wednesday.

While 61% of men support a law requiring women to register for the selective service, a policy of which females are currently exempt, just 38% of women supported such a proposition. Only 10% of women were undecided on the matter, but 52% affirmatively opposed registering for a draft.

According to Rasmussen Reports:

“The draft hasn’t been used since the Vietnam War, and most voters hope to keep it that way. Just 29% of all voters think the United States should have a military draft, although that is up 11 points from five years ago.”

Along party lines, the position on women being required to enlist in the military in the event of a reinstitution of the draft, is more evenly matched.

According to the poll, 53% of Republicans are against register women, while 49% of Democrats hold the same position.

The prospect of registering women for the military draft arose from top officers in the United States Army and Marine Corps calling for it in the wake of pushes by the Obama administration to place female troops in combat units.

The subject became further enveloped in the news cycle once presidential candidates began weighing in. While Republicans such as former Florida governor Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) voiced support for register females, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) opposed such an idea, saying:

“I’m the father of two little girls. I love those girls with all my heart. They are capable of doing anything in their hearts’ desire, but the idea that their government would forcibly put them in the foxhole with a 220-pound psychopath trying to kill them, doesn’t make any sense at all.”

Cruz’s break with the GOP field on the debate stage was among the first in a series of voices against registering women for the selective service.

But even if women generally oppose having to register for the draft — and its original proposition was intended to prove a point — there are sharp divisions on what is the proper course of action.

http://injo.com/2016/02/534446-major...ing-newsletter

There should be no draft or selective service registration for men or women.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast