Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Is Ted Cruz eligible to be President?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 wrongs do not make a right....but continues the slippery slope.

If not for Mr Trump's speak, every candidate would be vowing amnesty & possibly, due to family connections, a latina 1st lady. A further takeover for illegals - another slippery slope.

Give credit & show appreciation where it is due. No one is perfect and this is not the 60's, 70's (would you buy that shirt "made in vietnam" if it were - you don't have to buy it now either).

We lost 68,000 of our finest, mostly DRAFTED soldiers plus also millions killed and sickened by Agent Orange. Rot in hell, nixon and johnson!

Fight your own fight muslims, in your own territory - you cannot have ours.
    Last edited by artist; 01-10-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Judy
    I was over to our friends home the other day & they ask me who do i vote for I said trump
    why did you ask they said they don't like him it all about mexico what he said well
    I said he right in every thing he said I said do you watch the TV on the rap. & all of other thing that trump was saying . he 100% i said & that why you don't like him. you all,have our job's
    & on welfar you name it you all,have it thank to OBama . that why we want trump
    trump all the way they was P/// off TC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Here's the entire quote:

Uh, hello, you are not a natural-born American citizen from Puerto Rico. You are a US citizen by law, not nature, and not under the US Constitution. Perhaps before you expound on an issue using yourself as some example of one side of it, you should do a little research so you don't look a fool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_...an_citizenship

A natural born citizen under the US Constitution is a person born to two US citizens, natural born or naturalized, on US soil. Is Cruz a natural-born citizen as a matter of evolving law or practice?

Well, when McCain was allowed to run with a Congressional Resolution declaring he was a natural born citizen, a bill introduced by Democrats, who is not a natural born citizen under the Constitution and Obama was allowed to run and occupy the White House who also isn't a natural born citizen under the Constitution, then it seems to me, it would be quite a racist issue by people in either party to raise at this point against Cruz.

The issues of importance in the 2016 elections are a) is the person a US citizen by birth and b) is the person loyal to the people of the United States. If yes to both, then we all need to move forward to run candidates who are loyal citizens and do our best to elect the most loyal one of the batch.

So let the real games begin. We lost the natural born citizen issue when as Republicans we allowed McCain to run on our platform and Democrats lost the issue when they allowed Obama to become President of the United States.

If at some time in the future we would like to actually enforce the US Constitution, there needs to be a clarify made by Congress or just leave the people alone to elect who they want, so long as the person is a citizen of the United States. And this reality makes no one more unhappier than it does me, but that's where we are.

Please do not taint this election with debates over Cruz's citizenship when his mother is a US natural born citizen or anyone else who has at least one parent who is also a natural born citizen. It's not what the founders intended, but that's how and to where our nation has evolved. I have a good friend who was born in Canada to a natural born American woman, and grew up in Canada. He came here on a job to work for a project I was involved in, and there is no better American in the country. My husband was born to 2 US natural born citizens but in a foreign country while the parents were working for an oil company, and there is no better American in the country.

Let it go and stay on the issues, is my recommendation.
    There's only one person who can save the natural born citizen clause in the US Constitution, and that person is Donald Trump, because he's a candidate with standing financing his own campaign with financial consequences, plus he has the courage and media attention to drive it home if he wants to do so. I hope he stays on it.

Cruz should have never said he was a natural born citizen, which he knows isn't true. He should have never planted the article in Harvard Law Review to try to perpetuate the falsehood. He should have never said the "law was clear" and "the matter was settled law", when there is no law involved. A natural born citizen is citizenship through the nature elements of blood and soil, no law involved.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-10-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    Judy
    I was over to our friends home the other day & they ask me who do i vote for I said trump
    why did you ask they said they don't like him it all about mexico what he said well
    I said he right in every thing he said I said do you watch the TV on the rap. & all of other thing that trump was saying . he 100% i said & that why you don't like him. you all,have our job's
    & on welfar you name it you all,have it thank to OBama . that why we want trump
    trump all the way they was P/// off TC
    southBronx, good for you! You are so brave! Thank you!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Correct! Thank you, JohnDoe2. Yes, Cruz and Rubio should both leave the race because neither one are eligible.
    Correct about what? The way I read the post is there are three different views on the issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    . . . The way I read the post is there are three different views on the issue.
    There are 3 different views on the issue in the article, and probably several more elsewhere.

And it can never be settled here.

It seems that the Supreme Court has no real desire to look into it any time soon.

And no matter what the Supreme Court decides someone will still say they got it wrong.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The following link addresses The Constitution, Vattel, and "Natural Born Citizen". Please read
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Publius/huldah110.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    The following link addresses The Constitution, Vattel, and "Natural Born Citizen". Please read
    Yep, a natural born citizen is of blood and soil or perhaps better put of Blood and Country. It's so simple, so basic, everyone's known what it means until 2008 when people who weren't natural born citizens wanted to run for President. That's not even the "theory of living constitutionalism", it's just cheating. I hope we don't allow that to happen again. If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Yep, a natural born citizen is of blood and soil or perhaps better put of Blood and Country. It's so simple, so basic, everyone's known what it means until 2008 when people who weren't natural born citizens wanted to run for President. That's not even the "theory of living constitutionalism", it's just cheating. I hope we don't allow that to happen again. If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. Speaking of that, did you hear today that Obama wants to close Guantanamo and hand it back to Cuba? Our military port, which they could then lease or give to some other country like Iran or China or Korea or who knows? At one time the Russians were very interested in military bases in Cuba ......

01.10.1612:15 AM ET

Hey Supreme Court, Please Settle This Ted Cruz Birther Thing

The fact is, we don’t know if Cruz is eligible to be president.

The Supreme Court needs to tell us. And one of his rivals needs to ask.

Here are four words I never thought I would write: Donald Trump is right. As Trump said this week, it would be “very precarious” if Ted Cruz were the GOP nominee given that Cruz was undisputedly born in Canada.

Where Trump was wrong was when he made his focus on how precarious that would be “for Republicans.” Trump, possibly for the first time ever, was being too restrained. It would be precarious for our entire nation if Cruz were elected and then the U.S. Supreme Court deemed him ineligible to serve as president.

Think about the impact it would have to our nation as we collectively waited for the Court's decision. It would be a national crisis. Our allies would not know who is actually our president, and our enemies might use the crisis to their advantage. Plus it would cause a dramatic drop in the stock market (investors hate uncertainty.)

Now, just so it’s crystal clear, I’m neither a Cruz birther nor am I advocating that Cruz may be ineligible to be president. What I’m saying is that the Supreme Court has not addressed the specific of issue whether a person in Cruz’s position is eligible to be president in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Constitution.

Specifically, Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution provides that a person cannot be president unless he or she is “a natural born Citizen.” Cruz was born in Calgary, Canada in 1970 and first moved to the United States when he was four years old. At the time of Cruz’s birth, his mother was a United States citizen but his Cuban-born father was not.

So is Cruz a "natural born citizen"? There are countless articles debating this issue. While some legal scholars support Cruz’s eligibility, others like Fordham Law School constitutional law professor Thomas Lee informed me that the question of whether Cruz is a “natural born citizen” can be answered with two words: “It depends.”

Lee, who was an editor of the Harvard Law Review and clerked for Supreme Court Justice David Souter, explained that the issue could go either way. Lee noted there are two views of constitutional interpretations that he believes would support Cruz—the textualist and evolutionist views.

But under the “originalist” view, Cruz could be deemed ineligible. Constitutional orginalists interpret the Constitution by looking at the meaning of the document when it was originally written. Ironically, Cruz is a constitutional orginalist and that is part of his appeal to conservatives. As Lee noted, Cruz should actually disqualify himself from the presidency if he remained true to being an originalist.

Once again, however, while learned people have offered well-reasoned opinions, we still don’t have the definitive guidance of the Supreme Court on this issue. But this is no academic exercise. There were already objections filed in New Hampshire to knock Cruz off the ballot for being ineligible.

Trump: Electing Canadian-born Cruz Would Be 'Precarious' For Republicans

Inform

And while the New Hampshire Ballot Commission recently ruled in Cruz’s favor, its decision didn’t resolve this issue at all. In fact, it added to the uncertainty. The commission’s decision noted that since the question of what constitutes a “natural born citizen” has not been “answered with certainty” by the courts, the commission has “no clear standard to apply.” It added: “this Commission is not the appropriate forum for the determination of major Constitutional questions.”

Summing up the quandary well, Brad Cook, the Republican chair of the commission, told the media at the time of rendering the decision, “It would be really nice if somebody would get this issue of law decided who has authority to decide constitutional issues, so every four years we don’t have this come up again.”

And that’s where we are now. Given Cruz’s ascendancy in the polls and the plausible chance he could be the GOP presidential nominee, this issue needs to be decided by the federal courts now. But this is trickier that it would seem. We the people just can’t simply ask the nine Supreme Court Justices to gives us a quick answer.

Professor Lee noted that there are likely only a few parties who would have the legal standing to bring a lawsuit in federal court to challenge Cruz’s eligibility. “Individual voters would not have standing,” Lee noted because federal courts require a “concrete injury,” not a more “generalized grievance.”

Bottom line, Lee believes it will take one of Cruz’s fellow presidential candidates to bring a lawsuit.

Lee doubted that Super PACs would have standing in federal court unless they could show a concrete injury.

If a GOP presidential candidate were to now file a lawsuit in the federal courts where Cruz is on the ballot, it could go a long way to resolving this issue. Waiting is precarious for all of us. What if Cruz wins the GOP nomination and the Democratic nominee or a third party presidential candidate then files a lawsuit to deem Cruz ineligible?

Imagine if Cruz is deemed ineligible only a few weeks before Election Day? The Democratic nominee would likely win in a cakewalk.

However, the worst-case scenario for us all would be that such a lawsuit isn’t filed until Cruz won the election and before he was sworn in as president.

Talk about a national crisis. Does the Vice President elect get sworn in while we wait for the court?

Lee did caution, however, that the Supreme Court could deem this issue a “political question” and decline to get involved. But President Cruz would still likely be dogged by this issue his entire term, leading to a possible crisis in confidence.

That’s why it’s in the best interest of all Americans – regardless of political party- to resolve this issue sooner rather than later. It will give us all peace of mind. Plus it deprives Trump of another non-policy issue to distract us with, which is truly great for America.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...her-thing.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast