Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    Illegal immigrants from Ireland (most of them living in New York) speak English so they've assimilated for the most part no? Why would you want to deport them? Your main issue seems to be with the illegals who don't want to learn English or assimilate.
    I will take this question. I am married to a LEGAL immigrant from Ireland, I just returned from the Emerald Isle yesterday. Yes the Irish speak English. Yes most of them do want to assimilate. I think the Irish are a wonderful people.

That being said, you could not possibly know the hoops my hubby and I had to jump through. I had to sign away a number of my rights when he came over. It cost us a lot, both emotionally and financially. It was worth every penny too

After going through all of that, why should I support ANYBODY who breaks my country's laws, by passes all of the fun and games we endured, "borrows" social security numbers of innocent citizens and wants the world handed to them on a silver platter?

I debated this very issue with my in laws while I was out there. Ireland herself is having an illegal immigrant problem with the Poles and Lithuanians. When put in the same context, they have changed their minds about the Irish who are here illegally.

Illegal is illegal is illegal. I don't care what color they are, what God they worship, what language they speak. They should not be allowed to begin their careers in the USA by breaking our laws. I also believe that it should be a requirement of getting a green card to either speak English, or enroll in classes, at the immigrants expense, to learn English. I think work places should be English only, and if you are going to be immigrating here, you NEVER hang your old country's flag above "ol' Glory".
    Since you know the sytem, I have a question for you Cayla. What is a naturalized citizen? I've been burning to learn the answer to this for some time.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Martha, a naturalized citizen is someone who was born in another country, played by the rules, applied for US citizenship, took the classes, passed the tests, and took the oath. They followed the laws of our country and the constitution and have earned the right to be citizens.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this has been posted before but i think it's worth revisiting;
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The year is 1907.....but the speaker knew what he was talking about.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here
    in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall
    be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to
    discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or
    origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an
    American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance
    here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an
    American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We
    have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...
    and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the
    American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!
    KEEP THIS MOVING

Martha, a naturalized citizen is someone who was born in another country, played by the rules, applied for US citizenship, took the classes, passed the tests, and took the oath. They followed the laws of our country and the constitution and have earned the right to be citizens.
    I am forever grateful for that definition. Thank you.
    By the way, my grandparents were Cahill's, first generation Irish immigrants that came here with nothing.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I am forever grateful for that definition. Thank you.
    By the way, my grandparents were Cahill's, first generation Irish immigrants that came here with nothing.
    You are more than welcome Martha, nothing is more frustrating that to "hear" people using a phrase over and over again, and you are clueless to the meaning.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have another one for you. I know I should request this elsewhere, but I'll give it a try anyway. I keep running across the use of POTUS. Do you know what they mean by those abbreviations?

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I have another one for you. I know I should request this elsewhere, but I'll give it a try anyway. I keep running across the use of POTUS. Do you know what they mean by those abbreviations?
    Sorry I don't, but now I am curious too lol

Okay. I think it might refer to populist, but I'm afraid I don't know what that is either.

I just did an internet acronym search. Ready to feel like an idiot? lolol

POTUS
    President of the United States
    Now I think I will take my single digit Iq and pack lol

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    Illegal immigrants from Ireland (most of them living in New York) speak English so they've assimilated for the most part no? Why would you want to deport them? Your main issue seems to be with the illegals who don't want to learn English or assimilate.
    ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS MUST BE DEPORTED. ALL.

People from around the world are welcome when they come LEGALLY!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast