Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Triumph's
    "Illegals" are not like us, at least the majority of them. They don't obey our laws, they don't care about our culture. English is not something they wish to learn. They are not here to become Americans. They are here to make a profit to send home. It's time we send them home.
    To me you all make so many excellent points, but Triumph's is the most firm. I tend to agree with Triumph, and I also agree with Minnie who lives in Miami that they are NOT being payed such low wages as claimed by our government. Many Americans "don't dare" go for SOME of these jobs because the illegal aliens have just about officially "claimed these jobs to be their territory or their jobs". A lot of Americans are uncomfortable going to work with groups of people who are plain and simply law-breakers who are foreign. It doesn't make sense that an American should even have to put themselves into that situation to begin with.

If I could TRUST my government to properly run and control a "guest worker program" and if it did not have a path to citizenship, if it was like an "American internship" where they could learn many things to take back to their country to help their country and no other family members were allowed to come.......then I would support one. It should NOT be six years long either it should be 1 year, maybe 1yr and 6 months so that the workers can be cycled in and out to give more people
    from other countries a chance to be a part of this type of program. That way it would be better monitored and we would know right away whether or not it was really working.

But that is not the way it would be. Our government will let any program be abused, misused and it will never end up being what it is supposed to be and it would ultimately just hurt Americans the way illegal immigration hurts Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In my opinion the American Citizens should fight for these jobs, not because of the kind of jobs but to give an option for employers to hire someone within the law, as long as we keep comfortable saying "This is for illegals to do""It's not fair to work with these people", they are going to grow each time more because they don't have competition.
    When the African - American movment start it wasn't easy also but they won.
    If we don't face it serously we wont be able to win.

would like someone to show me just one illegal that works for $5.00 0r $6.00 or even $8.00.
    I have yet to see that myself. They all seem to get paid way above minimum wage. Even with phony SS# they can't be paid less than minimum wage. They simply can't be getting paid sub-human wages and still survive here and be able to send that much money back to their home country. I'm sure there's a couple here and there......but for the most part...if they can buy or rent, have a vehicle, a dozen kids to clothe and feed...even with government aid....they are doing alot better than alot of people. I know there are those who are basicly held prisoner by their coyotes etc. or the dirty people who sent for them. Prostitutes, children abandoned etc. There's a dirty side to all and it effects more than just illegals. But for the most part.....they are doing better than me!

In the chicken farm I worked at...the illegals were paid 10.00 and hr. We were paid 6.25. They loaded and un-loaded the chickens. We took care of them and the repair of the machinery and all the rest. Weighing of the birds and testing of the eggs, etc. We had to account for the deaths etc. while they just slammed them in and out of cages. We were exposed to all the sanitizing agents, did all the cleaning etc. Yes, we were covered by workmans comp. and they weren't, but there wasn't really a risk outside of falling off the feed trays they'd balance on on the higher levels. Maybe getting scratched or pecked but they wore gloves. None of the mechanical devices were running when they were there. They got regular breaks and lunch. Safer and easier than what I did. Yes, insurance was OFFERED to us, but many couldn't afford it. We got uniforms and they didn't but that was more sanitary law than a perk. The manure guys were legal and they didn't get uniforms.
    Masks were available to them for the taking. In by 5am out by 2pm. They certainly weren't abused or mistreated or put in any obvious risk.
    They had to work fast and they did. But it wasn't some god awful conditions any American wouldn't do. Well.....the president probably wouldn't do it for 10.00 an hour but we're not talking rich vs. poor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But for sure they weren't affiliated to any Union, welfare, etc... so at the end the owner of the farm was going to pay less with less responsability.
    They want to compete with the 3rd world countries and make more money, because they are her, so the oinly way is with this kind of workers.

But for sure they weren't affiliated to any Union, welfare, etc... so at the end the owner of the farm was going to pay less with less responsability
    True......I just haven't figured out how.

I don't see how they benefitted unless it was shortage of people. You have to remember.....we're in Nebraska now. Their CITIES are less popluated than our small towns. The majority of the people I legally worked with were farmers doing this on the side in order to keep their family farms and ranches going. Students in the Vet. classes and kids hoping to carry on the family legacy. Parents who handed their farms down to their children but still needed to work. Some really didn't NEED to work but they were so used to working they took the job to keep busy.
    That's why no-one can tell me Americans aren't and can't or won't work. There ARE alot of people out there that don't know much more than working. "Idle hands=....."

Out there though they have children that...trust me are VERY smart....still have the value of HARD WORK and traditional American Values. But they
    (the kids) want to see the city life.....not have to work so hard.....eager to see first hand all the things they learned at school. They are also some of the first that come back home wanting to get away from the city once they lived in it. Grass is always greener.......and it sucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12