Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Of course scholarships should be based on merit and talent, not gender or skin color. However, that's no longer the way it works! So as a White in this society, we can sit back and take the righteous approach, (while non-whites continue to play the game as is and garner the benefits), or we can start playing the game too!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    More than anything, I think this is just a big old laugh in the face of all those who want it all for everyone else but the white male (and I am a woman, at least 25% white...lol).

My oldest, 28 year old daughter, has been trying to go to school off and on for some time (between kids and work), said that she found out at the community college she goes to, the best group to be in is a black female, she was told so by one acquaintance, they joked how she (my daughter) would be paying for hers long after the acquaintenances was paid off for her.

Anyone feeling this is playing favorites, or thinking it is racism to give white males a scholarship, well they can only offer $500, and it is just a tiny drop in the bucket where college is concerned. However, you never know, it just might grow with many private and anonymouse donors!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Of course scholarships should be based on merit and talent, not gender or skin color. However, that's no longer the way it works! So as a White in this society, we can sit back and take the righteous approach, (while non-whites continue to play the game as is and garner the benefits), or we can start playing the game too!
    Personally, I think we would be better off fighting these out-dated diversity policies, not emulating them. In a tit-for-tat, we'd lose. Even the federal government uses diversity policies in its hiring practices as do colleges and universities in their enrollment. It's time to stop giving folks an advantage based on skin color, period. Sorry, that's just how I feel on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Personally, I think we would be better off fighting these out-dated diversity policies, not emulating them. In a tit-for-tat, we'd lose. Even the federal government uses diversity policies in its hiring practices as do colleges and universities in their enrollment. It's time to stop giving folks an advantage based on skin color, period. Sorry, that's just how I feel on the issue.
    Ehh I can see someone wanting to do this but not really wanting get into a heated and costly debate with the feds about trying to get a ruling that racially/sexually based scholarships are wrong.

But I can see a possible hidden agenda behind this not that those who made it have it however (they say they have no agenda but one never knows). If the ACLU or other groups try and sue as its "racist" that opens up a big oppurtunity to have racially based scholarships ruled unconstitutional and as we know the one filing the suit has to pay big for court costs... however the one being sued would probably get pro bono offers to defend it among even more donations for the cause.

April
    Thousands of calls needed here! Please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1191534.html#1191534

Theres nothing wrong with this, there are scholarships for every other group on the face of this earth INCLUDING illegals.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    More than anything, I think this is just a big old laugh in the face of all those who want it all for everyone else but the white male (and I am a woman, at least 25% white...lol).

My oldest, 28 year old daughter, has been trying to go to school off and on for some time (between kids and work), said that she found out at the community college she goes to, the best group to be in is a black female, she was told so by one acquaintance, they joked how she (my daughter) would be paying for hers long after the acquaintenances was paid off for her.

Anyone feeling this is playing favorites, or thinking it is racism to give white males a scholarship, well they can only offer $500, and it is just a tiny drop in the bucket where college is concerned. However, you never know, it just might grow with many private and anonymouse donors!
    Actually, it is best to be a black female OR a hispanic female. I have a scholarship book the size of a major city phone book and I swear half of it is geared toward them. I have even seen scholarships geared specifically toward ILLEGAL hispanic immigrants. Why someone would be so stupid as to want to give their money ONLY to a group who will never be able to legally work in this country after graduation is beyond me.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    While I agree its past time to stop AA, preferential hiring practices, quotas and so forth in respect to hiring decisions, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon because the minority groups benefitting from these practices each have their own special caucus in Congress, representing their race-based interests. As it turns out, those interests are generally to the detriment of those who do not belong to their minority group.

This is happening despite the fact Whites are now rapidly approaching minority status across this country at an alarming rate. So the question is, who's going to look out for our best interests when we finally achieve minority status in this country? The Hispanic caucus? Maybe the Black caucus? Perhaps the Asian caucus?

And don’t think once we’ve reached minority status we’ll suddenly enjoy the benefits of AA and preferential hiring practices.

So while we debate the merits of $500 scholarships for White Americans, these various caucuses are busy representing their members on a national level, promoting corporate, race-based scholarships for minority groups. Whites need not apply.

It's definitely time for race-based preferences to be eliminated in this country. However, it’s not White America that needs to take the lead in this area, since unfortunately; we'll just be branded "racists" anyway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thedrama, I am sure Hispanic females are in that too, the discussion they had was only about being a black female college student versus a white female.

The sad fact is that my daughter is in debt already, and it is only going to get worse, as she hopes to finish. I am all for education, so long as it is specific and geared towards something that you know for sure you will do. I have a relative who got a "Bachelors or Arts", and it has never served this person, at all, in any way in getting well paying jobs.

I am encouraging my middle one, a son (white male), to aim for something he has taken a firm interest in, farming, and get into a local farmers apprenticeship program, which in the long run, will cost him nothing to do, and a benefit of it will be help to get his own farm when he is ready.

The youngest one, 13 year old girl, is yet there when it comes to what to do, but, she is only 13, and he biggest priority is to spend time with her peers and do her make-up and hair (this may be her thing?...).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The other day I had a Direct TV guy installing a new system in my house and something came on FOX about illegal immigration and he started laughing. When I questioned him he said he was laughing about a conversation he and his friends were having recently about what would happened if white people tried to have anything like awards or scholarships for "whites". Like he said, can you imagine the uproar. He was Hispanic as was all of his friends. So, they are aware - they know and in truth they think it is funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast