Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bootsie, there is nothing anyone can do out there. We just have to wait for power. Many people have had their spirits lifted by a simple phone call or an email from a relative or friend.

It is around 8:30am and I just came from Publix to get ice and what we'll eat today. People's spirits seem a little more upbeat today.

But as far as the Red Cross. I heard something about some problems and the Salvation Army doing a good job.

Our neighbor ran out of gas in the process but about three days ago they drove about 100 miles north and bought a $900.00 generator. Last night they INSISTED that we plug into it. It's helped and that was so nice of them. People are continuing to help each other a lot.

We don't know too much about what is happening more than about 3 miles from our area. We know that some people are getting power in the western part of the county.

A lady at Publix said that a Canadian power crew was working in her neighborhood last night. She said people were giving them a hard time about how long it's taking. She said she felt so bad for them. Isn't that horrible? But that would be a minority of the people. Most people would not think of doing that.

When Katrina hit New Orleans I felt bad, now I feel more bad for them. Now I understand, and they had it so much worse than us!!

I'm going to work this morning to lend a hand. Tonight I would like to discuss what you brought up, because it definitely ties in strongly to illegal immigration and the president.

Have a great day. Just your kind thoughts and caring makes it a better day. Things are not so bad. How about the rest of the country?! I hope they're okay too. Talk to you tonight guys!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is SO good to be able to hear from you. Wasn't that NICE of your neighbor to share the generator? I know that tragedies tend to bring out both the best and the worst in people and I'm glad you are experiencing some of the FORMER and don't want you to have to experience the LATTER!

I really do look forward to your evaluation of the response from an insider's perspective because I do think it's important for those of us who have fortunately NOT had to go through that to understand AND to know where to direct any help we are able to offer. So, any info you can get on who DOES do a good job in responding to peoples' needs and who DOESN'T would be great for all of us. I know most of us have tried to help in some way and I just want to make sure anything I give goes to help AMERICAN CITIZENS and THEIR PETS! I donated to the SPCA as well as the Salvation Army because I KNOW I could NOT leave my dogs. If they can't go with me, I won't go.

Maybe you will get home tonight to a house lit up like a Christmas tree!! Good luck and, if you see the nice electric workers from Canada, yell a thanks. That is unbelievable that people would find fault when someone has GIVEN of their time to come all the way to Florida to help out. BTW--exactly what part of Florida do you live in???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, we live in Pompano Beach. There has been enormous improvement today in our area. The Canadian power company called, Hydro One or it may be Hydra One, have been bringing power back all over our area today.

Across the street the people have power, and another neighbor has offered to let us use his huge generator, which he no longer needs.

From the look of things it won't be long now. Gas stations are opening all around and intersections are beginning to have lights a little bit more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Outstanding News LegalUSCitizen and "muchos gracias" to the Canadians, eh?

Seriously, the Canadians are great and so wonderful of them to bring their expertise down to help with restoring power. This is so crucial to getting communities up and running again.

During Katrina, the Canadians had military cargo planes loaded and staffed and ready to fly crucial supplies and medical teams into New Orleans on Tuesday after the Hurricane on Monday. But of course, the Wackident wouldn't allow that so even though the Mayor of New Orleans had spoken directly with the Canadians and said oh yes, please come, the Wackident refused to give the Canadians permision to enter US Air Space.

All the while the Mexican Army drives into New Orleans without any permission and when stopped and asked by reporters who gave you permission to be here, they quipped "we don't need permission, this is humanitarian mission".

I was just wondering did you see any Mexican Army in your area after Wilma?

Sooo glad things are improving there!

Pompano Beach is a beautiful area.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pompano Beach used to be a beautiful area, if you like topless palm trees and scarey leafless halloween trees, and dangling power lines, and leaning concrete street light poles, huge trees ripped out at the roots, trees laying on top of houses, and dangling traffic lights and broken windows and pieces of roofs missing, it still is beautiful !! Let's put it this way anything that could break...broke.

But beauty isn't the problem. This is. When people give money to hurricane situations where does the money go ? Florida Power and Light will just raise electric bills to pay for the outside contractors...so they're payed back. George Bush thinks FEMA has enough money to even take care of people who live in the U.S. illegally....so they must be alright. The Red Cross...who knows what's going on with them...so where does that money go ? Just wondering. If anyone wants to give to a hurricane disaster it should still be to New Orleans, not this one.

Compared to New Orleans we're having a picnic. Nonetheless, it's the worst picnic I've ever been to.

Still trying to be though. But I feel a little . Tomorrow's another day ?

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining.

Don't ya just hate "complainers" . "Whiners" It's too ACLU, too La Raza, too "just good people coming across to put food on the table", too Ted Kennedy, too "I've just earned a lot of political capital".

I'm waiting...who's going to be brave enough to tell me to "Be quiet about this hurricane, LegalUSCitizen...and get on with illegal immigration!!"

It's what I really need to hear!!! HELP.....I'm dying from self-pity. Save me!! Goodnight.

LegalUSCitizen....it's so sad to hear of all the destruction there. Where are the insurance companies? Your type of hurricane should all be covered and the insurance agents busy little bees getting everyone back up and running and repairs and debris clean-up underway. Hopefully everyone in Wilma or most at least will be covered for the wind damage, unlike the poor people in New Orleans who didn't have any coverage for those broken levees.

Pompano Beach will be beautiful again, LegalUSCitizen.

We love you too much to tell you to "shut up". But, we also love you enough to tell you....tomorrow will be better....there's important work to do and that is to get these illegals out of our country; get our jobs back; our wages and salaries up; free up space in our schools and hospitals; make our streets and neighborhoods safe from gangs; our highways safe from drunks; our people safe from illegal drugs; our nation safe from terrorists and traitors....and when we do....the United States from sea to shining sea will be the Dream it's supposed to be, every community will be a beautiful Pompano Beach and Americans will be happy again...all of us....together!!

Sweet Dreams, LegalUSCitizen!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't care about how it looks. Everything can be fixed and everything will grow back.

What I care about is that we have so much work to do regarding electing better people, not having to fight to have our laws enforced, wondering how much more the American people will be trampled upon by not only people from around the world, but especially by our own so called leaders.

I want one moment where I believe that somebody notices how great we really are, how generous we really are, how caring about other people we really are, how strong we really are, how determined we really are. I want one moment where someone says that our culture is precious and important, and one moment where someone says that our language needs to be respected and learned by people who have the desire to become Americans.

I didn't leave my country, I didn't cross any borders, I just stayed here, and tried to be a good American. I've tried to teach my children to be ready to stand up and defend their country if the day ever comes, I've tried to teach them that all people from all nations, from all races are equal to them, no more and no less, I tried to vote for a person I fully trusted to protect and take care of America, I had a lot of pity for the people in Iraq having a Saddam Hussein for a leader, so I supported trying to free them of that, and it just seems that no matter how hard we try to be good Americans we get hit over the head.

This thread was a great help to me. You guys let me tell you about everything going on. But now, I want to move on to situations that are really more important in the long run. So I will try not to come back here again. We are going to have a big protest in Florida coming up, I've been told that A LOT of people want to participate. I'm going to be helping in the coordination, and I must get my mind off this hurricane.

The best thing for me would be if one of the moderators locked this thread. It would tell me that I've said enough about the hurricane. I'm sick of it, you're sick of it. Everyone's alive, let's move on Onward to the protest. Lock the thread. Judy, get out the black arm bands, we're finally going to get to wear them!! Yahoo!!!! Bootsie, let's go, bring the dog if you have to. I'll save some FEMA cookies.

Yippee Yahoo!!! I've been dying to wear my headband, black arm band, carry a big sign, wear a ribbon scross my chest that says something powerful and I'll bring my Pink Slips too just in case any of those DoNut Head Traitors in DC show up!!

That's our Legal...GO GIRL!!

The Spirit is Within US. It's strong, it's powerful, in fact...it's the most powerful weapon on the face of the Earth.

And those Clueless Wacketeers in DC think a 100 person Senate Filibuster over a judge is something NuCuLar...wait til they see what 250,000,000 United Pissed Off Americans can do!!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    The best thing for me would be if one of the moderators locked this thread. It would tell me that I've said enough about the hurricane. I'm sick of it, you're sick of it. Everyone's alive, let's move on Onward to the protest. Lock the thread. Judy, get out the black arm bands, we're finally going to get to wear them!! Yahoo!!!! Bootsie, let's go, bring the dog if you have to. I'll save some FEMA cookies.
    It's locked at your request.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123