Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you from the Hurricane Zone

It's great to be back for a few minutes by the use of a generator. I've thought of all of you many times throughout each day of this, and although it would be impossible to tell you everything there are some things I've wanted to share with you.

First of all, everyone here is fine, and I hope that people have not been on TV painting too desperate of a situation here. Hurricane Wilma was a furious storm, but the people who boarded up and had their supplies (including gas) have done fine. The opposite happened to those who didn't prepare.

FEMA is all over the place, no one can say they don't have plenty of help.
    They have locations in every neighborhood and EVERYONE can get whatever they need. In fact, I hope they start to ease up because I'm already starting to see the fleecing of America underway. I heard someone say they gave some FEMA cookies to their dog , and I don't know if this is true or not...but there is a rumor that FEMA will pay for a generator for everyone. I don't know the details but the people who were talking about it were not people who would need for America to buy them a gernerator. Of course there are some who should receive help from FEMA to get a generator....I just hope FEMA will be able to decifer who they really are. I'll be keeping an eye out regarding the fleecing of America.

Our area has been told we might have to go until Nov 22 until power is restored. There are trucks working everywhere from all over the country.

The biggest blessing was the cold front which came with the hurricane. It has made all of this so much easier. It's supposed to warm up over the week end. After a cold shower this morning, our breakfast menu consisted of a choice of spagettios heated on the outdoor grill or vienna sausages, hot chocolate which tastes like it has charcol in it or lighter fluid or warm ginger ale.

But overall, no one should complain. We are very lucky and most people are saying that. Schools are still closed, most people have not returned to work, but...gulp...it's about to happen soon, power or no power.

Okay, the best I can do is to go post the emails from other groups for you which I will do each day. I miss you all. So glad to see Judy, Bootsie and everyone. I'm so glad to be an American, and we raised the flag outside even before the hurricane winds completely died down!! We said, "Get Old Glory back up.!!" Other people did the same.

P.S. A few hours before the hurricane, we ran to Kmart to get a couple more batteries. There were a few people, all holding something or other in their arms regarding supplies. There was a lady in front of us with her shopping cart filled to the max with clothes. After she finally got all the clothes out, she plopped up on the counter two boxes of saltine crackers and two candy bars. I said to my son, "Oh boy, I bet she'll be the first one on TV screaming...where's the help ?!! How could they leave us this way!!!" The other thing is, Private Bush came to Pompano Beach yesterday.

Good news, my husband and the kids just returned from getting ice at the FEMA location. They are pulling back on the amount of ice they are giving people. Good. I am grateful for the ice, because our generator is pretty small and will only run one appliance at a time, and it will not run the refrigerator at all. As soon as Publix gets full power, they will get ice and we will be able to buy instead of making you guys buy it.

Well, off to wash clothes in the bathtub. Wait a minute. I shouldn't have to do that!!! SEND THE TROOPS !! Let them do it !! Guess what I have....a clothes line!! A real one!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Thank you from the Hurricane Zone

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Well, off to wash clothes in the bathtub. Wait a minute. I shouldn't have to do that!!! SEND THE TROOPS !! Let them do it !! Guess what I have....a clothes line!! A real one!!
    A clothes line? Isn't that something from the Dark Ages??

Glad to hear you are OK!!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Glad to hear you made it through the hurricane in relatively good shape. Sounds like you were prepared and didn't have to rely on the government. You think some of the others would have learned by now after Rita and Katrina. Maybe you'll get a chance to meet Jeb and Dubya in person, and can give them a piece of your mind on illegal immigration.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great to hear from you, legal. WE were just wondering about you in an earlier post this AM.

I'll have to say your meal sounds DISGUSTING. Wish we could ship you a steak and baked potato! I am glad you're able to get ice and other necessities. That's refreshing!

Take care and get back as soon as possible. I think I have forgotten how to hang out clothes. A tip about washing in the bathtub from my college days--throw the clothes in, take your shoes off and get in and stomp like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Glad you were safe LegalUSCitizen, I thought of you while it was going on.
    I knew you were from Florida, but didn't know exactly where.

Hope you get your power back soon. In the meantime, go smack those clothes on the rock down by the creek.

Glad to hear that your OK. I just knew that Ole Jeb would take care of you. Legal.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

It's good you are okay. Keep up the positive posts.

Legal,

Thank you for letting us know. It is a relief to know you and your family made it through OK. I remember Hurricane Floyd in Eastern NC back in 1999.

I was in flooding ground zero, but luckily my country house was well above the water mark.

The strange thing is that after living off of canned goods for about a week, I still get cravings for cold ravioli and cold chef boy RD spaggetti and meat balls lol.

We were all set and had prepared. We had food, liquor, smokes, and guns.

Hope everything gets back to normal for you soon.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Glad to hear you are okay Legal.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thank you, guys! Grocery Stores now have ice and FEMA has left a nice big sign which says: NO MORE ICE.

They probably have a special location for illegals though.
    Our middle son is calling Hurricane Wilma, "Bush's War on Trees".
    Personally, I think it's a conspiracy to do away with Floridians. People are predjudice against us, and the "no more ice" sign is a clear indication of that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast