Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SECURE COMMUNITIES INFO.

Among the records obtained are monthly data for Secure Communities from October 2009 through August 2010.

The records show that during that period, 41,929 people were identified through Secure Communities for deportation, as so-called "removals and returns."

Those people were divided into four categories based on criminal record.

A total of 9,667 -- about 23 percent -- were classified as Level 1 offenders: those convicted of "aggravated felonies such as murder, rape or sexual abuse of a minor."

Another 16,581 -- about 40 percent -- were labeled as Level 2 offenders: those convicted of any felony, or three or more misdemeanors.

A total of 4,621 -- about 11 percent -- were Level 3 offenders: those convicted of crimes punishable by less than one year in prison, typically misdemeanors.

And 11,060 people -- about 26 percent -- had no criminal record at all.

So ICE’s own data shows that, in the second year of a two-year program, 37 percent of the immigrants deported were either non-criminals or had been convicted of minor crimes.
    SECURE COMMUNITIES INFO.
    Let's put things into the proper perspective. It's the data and statistics that we're not seeing that concerns me. How many illegals did local law enforcement come into contact with that were not apprehended, how many jailed illegals were released because ICE wouldn't place a detainer on them, how many jailers didn't even request a detainer on an illegal because the illegal didn't meet the criteria set forth by ICE? The statistics you provided are interesting, however, they come nowhere close to giving us the truth of what is really happening under the Secure Communities Initiative.

It's still my contention that a whole lot of illegals are getting a free pass because they don't meet the criteria for deportation under the Secure Communities Initiative. Additionally, I say any statistics and data being provided by Secretary Napolitano and the Obama administration are suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Excellent video. Once again, just more proof that 287(g) is a solid program that gets results. That's probably why ICE is trying to get away from 287(g) and push Secure Communities.

[quote]ICE Deports Immigrants During Booking Process

Jan. 2011

“With ICE’s wide net casted, civil rights violation may run unchecked by questionable policing efforts. Most of the immigrants that were swept-up arbitrarily, committed Level 1 (low-level) offenses or have no criminal histories at all,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Migration Policy Institute (MPI)
    Home PageThe Migration Policy Institute (MPI) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit think tank dedicated to the study of the movement of people worldwide.
    www.migrationpolicy.org/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cool link JD Thanks!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="JohnDoe2"][quote]ICE Deports Immigrants During Booking Process

Jan. 2011

“With ICE’s wide net casted, civil rights violation may run unchecked by questionable policing efforts. Most of the immigrants that were swept-up arbitrarily, committed Level 1 (low-level) offenses or have no criminal histories at all,â€

Cool link JD Thanks!
    They sound like a Bush New World Order group.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Cool link JD Thanks!
    They sound like a Bush New World Order group.
    Yep, they definitely have a globalist agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    . . . What's your point? . . .
    You said "Additionally, I say any statistics and data being provided by Secretary Napolitano and the Obama administration are suspect."
    so I gave you statics from an open border group who doesn't want anyone deported complaining about people with NO criminal record being deported by the thousands.

I.C.E. has to follow the orders they get from congress, the white house and Napolitano or they get fired from their jobs, just like everyone else who has a job.
    NO AMNESTY

If you live in a secure community go to your county jail website, booked in last 48hrs and do a head count you'll see what I mean and look for repeat offenders!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast