Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Are there jobs Americans won’t do?

[quote="redpony353"][quote="bigtex"][quote="jean"]
    “I don’t believe there are any jobs that Americans won’t take, and that includes agricultural jobs,â€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I also think that kids are being side lined and hurt by illegal immigration.

When I was a kid we were always looking for work...pop bottle collecting, lawn and snow service, broom pushing, car washing, construction cub apprentice work, food service (everyone I know once had a job at McDonald's), buss boy and coffee service...the list goes on and on...

What chances do kids have now to make a buck? What happened to all these kid jobs?

I could not have survived as a kid with out these jobs. My folks had no money. I started messing with them at about 6 years old and had a huge paper route by 11 years old. And I was working a gas station as a full service pumper washer and tire changer at 12. I LOVED IT!!!! I pulled weeds, bailed hay washed cars, mowed lawns...you name it...I did it. I was even seduced by a neighboring mom...which was of tremendous benefit to my future girl friends.

If I was a kid today...I can guarentee I would have been dealing drugs...I would have had to!

What do kids have now?

I just U-Tube searched...Kids hurt by illegal immigration...not one thing came up. I think this is a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist

When I was a kid we were always looking for work...pop bottle collecting, lawn and snow service, broom pushing, car washing, construction cub apprentice work, food service (everyone I know once had a job at McDonald's), buss boy and coffee service...the list goes on and on...

What chances do kids have now to make a buck? What happened to all these kid jobs?

I could not have survived as a kid with out these jobs. My folks had no money. I started messing with them at about 6 years old and had a huge paper route by 11 years old. And I was working a gas station as a full service pumper washer and tire changer at 12. I LOVED IT!!!! I pulled weeds, bailed hay washed cars, mowed lawns...you name it...I did it. I was even seduced by a neighboring mom...which was of tremendous benefit to my future girl friends.

If I was a kid today...I can guarentee I would have been dealing drugs...I would have had to!

What do kids have now?

I just U-Tube searched...Kids hurt by illegal immigration...not one thing came up. I think this is a huge issue.
    It's an enormous issue. I worked since I was 14. My Dad rode on the back of a pick up truck all the way to California when he was 18 to pick fruit. Saved enough money to buy his first beautiful Chevrolet. My cousin a generation later drove an old car out to California to pick lettuce, did it every season for 4 years and used the money to pay for his college through the University of Kansas-Manhattan. He majored in electrical engineering and worked for AT&T until he retired a few years ago. Boys my age all worked the hay farms in the summer starting when they were 13 bucking hay bales. By the time they were 16 they had enough money saved to buy a new Camaro or GTO, and souped up ones too. VRRRRM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

Those jobs should pay a decent wage and be given more respect. For instance, instead of calling people who process food "pickers" they could call them Agricultural Technicians. Cleaners should be called Maintenance personnel. It is all about respect and pay scale. Jobs that pay lousy wages are not respected. And jobs that have no job title are not respected. We can change all that very easily. All of these jobs are important and should be given the respect they deserve.
    Unfortunately our society has been taught to look down on those who don't chose to work a typical white collar job. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing these jobs if that is what you want to do. Yes, these jobs are very important and have to be filled. Americans that do them deserve to be compensated fairly and treated with all due respect. However, when we allow illegal criminal aliens to cross our borders and work for slave pay and allow themselves to treated without respect, there is no American who is going to put themselves in that place.

We need to drive out illegal aliens and return these jobs to Americans. Force these businesses that have become addicted to cheap illegal criminals alien labor to hire Americans. But this is not going to be an easy task when our government listens to cheap labor lobbyist before they listen to American tax payers.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

It's an enormous issue. I worked since I was 14. My Dad rode on the back of a pick up truck all the way to California when he was 18 to pick fruit. Saved enough money to buy his first beautiful Chevrolet. My cousin a generation later drove an old car out to California to pick lettuce, did it every season for 4 years and used the money to pay for his college through the University of Kansas-Manhattan. He majored in electrical engineering and worked for AT&T until he retired a few years ago. Boys my age all worked the hay farms in the summer starting when they were 13 bucking hay bales. By the time they were 16 they had enough money saved to buy a new Camaro or GTO, and souped up ones too. VRRRRM.
    Judy when I was a teen I did jobs like general construction (digging foundations), working on farms bailing hay etc, and I also worked driving a forklift at a pole plant. Kids can't get jobs like these any longer because illegal criminal aliens work for half what they would have to pay a teen to work at minimum wage. I had no problem doing jobs like this when I was a kid and it worked wonders to help me see the importance of going to college so I would not have to work like that.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

What do kids have now?

Ever see the back seat of one of those...they were quite roomie!!!

Well, there is one job that I think I would pass on. Disabling bombs with the bombsquad.

What do kids have now?

I was born and raised on a Dairy Farm in Michigan. I not only milked , fed ,and bedded the cows, cleaned the barn,worked the fields and chopped wood, we also had a Logging business on the weekends and Holidays. We cut pulp wood (hard wood and pine) into 8 ft logs for the Forestry and hauled it to a paper mill on Lake Michigan.
    During the seasons (for many years) my Mother and Sisters, along with hundreds of other Families would go up north and pick cherries. From what I've heard, many still do that.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

Those jobs should pay a decent wage and be given more respect. For instance, instead of calling people who process food "pickers" they could call them Agricultural Technicians. Cleaners should be called Maintenance personnel. It is all about respect and pay scale. Jobs that pay lousy wages are not respected. And jobs that have no job title are not respected. We can change all that very easily. All of these jobs are important and should be given the respect they deserve.
    Unfortunately our society has been taught to look down on those who don't chose to work a typical white collar job. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing these jobs if that is what you want to do. Yes, these jobs are very important and have to be filled. Americans that do them deserve to be compensated fairly and treated with all due respect. However, when we allow illegal criminal aliens to cross our borders and work for slave pay and allow themselves to treated without respect, there is no American who is going to put themselves in that place.

We need to drive out illegal aliens and return these jobs to Americans. Force these businesses that have become addicted to cheap illegal criminals alien labor to hire Americans. But this is not going to be an easy task when our government listens to cheap labor lobbyist before they listen to American tax payers.

Judy when I was a teen I did jobs like general construction (digging foundations), working on farms bailing hay etc, and I also worked driving a forklift at a pole plant. Kids can't get jobs like these any longer because illegal criminal aliens work for half what they would have to pay a teen to work at minimum wage. I had no problem doing jobs like this when I was a kid and it worked wonders to help me see the importance of going to college so I would not have to work like that.
    I know bigtex and that's why we must stop illegal immigration and deport these people out of our country. Our youth are not only growing up poor, they're growing up stupid not knowing how to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Well, there is one job that I think I would pass on. Disabling bombs with the bombsquad.
    Ok...so there is one good argument...

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Today I know hundreds of people who are desperate enough to take it.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast