Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CrispusAttucksPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by NotGoingToTakeItAnymore
    Geezz! I read over 100 comments and easily 99% are against this illegal march.
    I am reading pages and pages of repeated comments.
    Yes, Crispus, I noticed that too. I actually read close to 200 comments but I thought it was fair to say at least 100 of those were not repeats. Still overwhelmingly against this whole invasion and march, don't you think?

Almost all comments in my hometown paper are against the illegals'
    It's that way everywhere.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

They just closed the message board. I guess they didn't like what we had to tell them.
    Even only 100 messages from people saying, "We have had enough! We want our laws enforced!" is a real victory IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    They just closed the message board. I guess they didn't like what we had to tell them.
    Even only 100 messages from people saying, "We have had enough! We want our laws enforced!" is a real victory IMO.
    I guess sometimes the truth hurts, even if you're a big ol' newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_shlitz
    Almost all comments in my hometown paper are against the illegals'
    It's that way everywhere.
    You're right, Sgt, no matter what link I go to for local newspapers posted on Alipac and other sites I pick them up on, if they have a 'comments' section at all, it's completely obvious the majority of the people are against this.

They probably were deleting many opposing comments at first, and replacing them with repeated messages that they approved of. The media is so pathetic, they have been trying to persuade Americans with pity stories for a few years now, and it isn't working. I am so glad that their coverage blew up in their face.

Be sure to read past the first page! They have hand-picked the intitial 9 or 10 posts, all of which are pro-illegal or neutral. The post times are all different so clearly someone is trying to give the forum the appearance of being more sympathetic to the illegals. Many people will not read past the first page and will come away with that impression. Go a few pages back for comments that are more representative of majority. I callled their bluff on this, they probably won't post my comment.
    Camille, I think they posted that one. I read a comment which said that the paper asked for the comments and to let the chips fall where they may.
    Is that one yours?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by CrispusAttucksPatriot
    Geezz! I read over 100 comments and easily 99% are against this illegal march.
    I am reading pages and pages of repeated comments.
    Yes, Crispus, I noticed that too. I actually read close to 200 comments but I thought it was fair to say at least 100 of those were not repeats. Still overwhelmingly against this whole invasion and march, don't you think?

There were more original posts for anti-side, and than repeated posts for the amnesty side that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Be sure to read past the first page! They have hand-picked the intitial 9 or 10 posts, all of which are pro-illegal or neutral. The post times are all different so clearly someone is trying to give the forum the appearance of being more sympathetic to the illegals. Many people will not read past the first page and will come away with that impression. Go a few pages back for comments that are more representative of majority. I callled their bluff on this, they probably won't post my comment.
    Camille, I think they posted that one. I read a comment which said that the paper asked for the comments and to let the chips fall where they may.
    Is that one yours?
    Yes, that was me.

I don't think the Chicago Tribune was expecting what they are getting
    in the way of comments.
    649 comments so far.... and most of them are anti-Illegal Immigration.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast