Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Meh. From what I have seen, the rich people in Mexico are super annoying and the poor... well some are nice and some are not.

I really don't know what to make of these issues. Like I said, people will continue to come to this country if businesses don't start enforcing the law. I think America needs to *really* make it clear to everyone in the world that we do not tolerate those who break laws.

Since this has been going on since '86, I think it's a bit too late. If amnesty is passed, then we have to keep fighting to force big business to respect the law so we don't have to go through it all again in the next decade or so. It'd be nice not to have amnesty of course. We can just pressure all employers to obey the law so that there is no labor for these people so they can pack up and leave. I don't think rounding them all up would be a good idea... let them get out just as they came in.

What ever happened to personal accountability? I don't think that we should have to police anything. People should just do the right thing and stop taking advantage of the kindness of others. I think that there are nice people at all income levels. No one needs someone to tell them to do the right thing, just do it. Mexicans REALLY need to take pride in themselves. They have a beautiful country, and they don't do anything with it. Take all of the energy that you are using fighting the United States and make something of yourselves. That is all, it is very simple.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Roxas I am glad to see you, as an American, and one of Hispanic descent, on board with us here.

It really is an issue that affects ALL Americans, however, many people of Hispanic descent feel they must be loyal to those illegals simply because they share the same race with one another.

To the rest of us, we see it for what it is, racism. It would be no different than if I were to stand with one of those "Anglo" groups (I will not say their real names on this board, I do not want the Open Borders opposition to link us with them in any way) simply because they too share my race, it would be wrong on all too many levels.

I hope you can help us fight this from within, in the American style, doing it the right way, making calls, faxing and emailing our representatives, boycotting companies who hire the illegals, and speaking to others in your own community about this.

We have the greatest country on this earth, yes we all are biased there, but really, why else would people die trying to get here? So, in that we need to have our borders secured, our laws enforced and make our government accountable for the amount of work visa's they give out, only after all Americans are emloyed and wages are livable.

My husband and I took a drive yesterday into the Columbia River Gorge from our home, which is essentially in the Gorge area. I am not sure if you have ever seen it or pictures of it, but it is stunning year round, and all the more so, when snow covers the towering pinacles of the Cascade mountain range that lines the Columbia River. I felt in awe of it all, and it made me think how lucky I was to live in this country, and in the very place I do. I realized that in many places, people do not get to see the protected scenery that many of us here get to see daily.

I do not want ot lose what I have here, the beauty of it, and the blessing of the freedoms that I and my family enjoy with it. I have to make all efforts to secure it from ruin and waste. No, I am not an enviromentalist, but I do believe that if illegal immigration went unchecked, our national forests and landlmarks and our resources could be ruined if our country became grossly overpopulated. We just cannot sustain so many people, who have their own countries, but just lack the fortitude to stand up and fight for it there.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12