Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

For Those of Us Who Are Religious....

Would you consider a 24 hour water-only fast for the Lord to defeat amnesty, your health permitting? Repent for the sins of the nation on their behalf and yourself while on the fast....I hear the liberals who run Soujourner magazine have been fasting for amnesty to pass and I'm wondering if there is warfare in the heavenlies (remember the verse about a delay for God's help arriving in the Old Testament due to war in the heavenlies, when the angel with a message had trouble getting through to the recepient?). It's worth a try folks....we have everyting to gain if this act is defeated....and just about EVERYTHING to lose if it passes. Let's just do it!!!

Ive been working on a prayer to put out about this battle. I would be glad to include fasting.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The Lord helps those that help themselves

Fasting is a tool of the opposition

I will say a prayer for all of you and for our cause though

I have talked to a lot of Christians because of what I read about how some Church's have come out in support of amnesty. What I ended up with was a link to a great article (IMO) on what the Bible has to say about illegal immigration.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=44777

If we want to be compassionate to the strangers and aliens of our world today, those law-abiding foreigners who desperately want to come to America and are patiently awaiting their turn, we need to be certain they don't get squeezed out unfairly by those who broke the law and pushed ahead of them in line.

We shouldn't be mean to those lawbreakers either. We shouldn't mistreat them. We should even forgive them. But they have to leave.

They haven't been invited. They are not our guests. They are not just strangers; they are trespassers. They need to go back home and get in line like everyone else waiting to enter our country lawfully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    I posted the last 3 paragraphs from that article. I firmly believe that the Bible is clear that breaking the law is wrong. The illegals can pray all they want but they are in the wrong and they know it.

God has always had laws and expect us to follow them!!

Awesome perspective sugarhigh!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I've been fasting ever since the democrats opened the border to mexico and praying ever since too! I prayed to God to secure our borders.
    His answer: "The GOP!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    It seems the invaders only use the parts of the Bible that work to their advantage

Lots of parts are not in their favor , but they ignore those parts

Yeah, sugarhighwolf-even back in the Old testament times Isreal was allowed to keep its culture and language as dominant-smart move.

I will fast due to the Bible saying it is a Christian tool, period. We shouldn't say exactly when though because the Word says not to tell, just to do it.

The law-abiding would-be immigrants are being stolen from - their spot while waiting in line is taken over by an illegal stealing it from them. As far as I know, the Bible says "Thou shalt Not Steal". I've never read in the Bible anywhere it saying that it is ok to steal because you are in hard straights.

And the illegals want to call us mean?! How mean is it to steal the spot of someone spot who has been waiting in-line? How greedy is it? How much without conscience is it that the illegals do not seem to care when this is pointed out to them?

So yes, you said it very well , the illegals MUST leave. THAT... is showing them compassion as they deserve more punishment than that.

I find myself praying often. =)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I posted the last 3 paragraphs from that article. I firmly believe that the Bible is clear that breaking the law is wrong. The illegals can pray all they want but they are in the wrong and they know it.[/quote]
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

IA's version "GOD HELPS THOSE, SO HELP YOURSELF!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn