Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TN: HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO

(quote)

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO

Mexican Victory over French at Puebla in 1862 Reminds Us of Importance in Protecting a Nation’s Culture

NASHVILLE, TN - The Tennessee Republican Party recognizes the importance of today, Cinco de Mayo, in Mexican history and urges all Americans to reflect on and honor what the day celebrates. Cinco de Mayo is a great day of celebration and commemoration of the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862, a battle to protect their nation and culture from occupation by the French forces under Napoleon III.

While the war continued for five more years, the victory at Puebla became a symbol of Mexican resistance to foreign domination.

Many celebrations and commemorations connected to various cultures from which people have joined the American story, such as Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day, the Chinese New Year and now Cinco de Mayo, are celebrated widely in this country.

“Celebrating ethnic and cultural pride within the context of the American story is as American as baseball, apple pie - and tacos - and Cinco de Mayo has grown in popularity here as more Mexicans have decided to join the American story,â€
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

by that token why aren't we celebrating this type of celebration for all countries. They all have a victory against foes they celebrate. Don't they? And Mexico is more special, because?

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    by that token why aren't we celebrating this type of celebration for all countries. They all have a victory against foes they celebrate. Don't they? And Mexico is more special, because?
    Well put, alamb!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Right on miguelina. Let's not discriminate against all the other cultures in our melting pot. It kind of angers me actually. If I were to be living in Mexico, do you that it would be ok to celebrate the 4th of July? Hardly. When one lives in another country, you respect that country and assimilate into that culture. When I was in Taiwan, I gladly took part in their celebrations with no intention of dragging my cultural heritage along with me.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Well put, alamb!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

dont celebrate chin code mayonaise. Seems like they have to have an excuse to get drunk.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

They should call this holiday "Thank America Day." As the USA was the primary reason for the French exit from Mexico. We put our troops on the border and told the French to get out or else. And they did. Mexico owes its sovereignty to the United States of America.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!