Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    What do you men really think here? Do you think things have gone to far in our country for any of us to make a difference? I am not being a pessimist here, I will fight to the very end, it is just, I have never seen the United States in such a mess as it in right now. What would it really take to get our country back?
    I don't think it's a matter of being pessimistic or optimistic. The odds are stacked against us regardless of what we do, but that doesn't mean we should relent.

I'm reminded of the story of Mastro Cecco-the "heretic"-which Orianna Fallaci recounts in the second part of her epic trilogy, The Force of Reason. He realized that he would be burned at the stake, but never recanted. I think we need to have the same absolutist, uncompromising attitude, notwithstanding the difficult odds we face, and the dispiriting, enervating nature of this fight.

If anyone else wants some great recommendations for literature on this subject-which partially illuminates the problems besetting Europe and the Middle East, and the nature of this enemy-I'd be more than willing to provide you with some.

People need to recognize that the onslaught against Western civilization is multifaceted and can't be ignored, even if looking it directly in the face is terrifying. The U.S. is one of the last outposts of Western civilization remaining. Israel, Australia, Japan, India, etc... They're all being battered and assaulted-from within and without-but we are the bulwark. If the "shining city on a hill" is destroyed we'll be entering a new Dark Age.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

We must never give up. Remember Churchill's speech during WW2.
    If we go down, we go down fighting!
    Tomorrow's a new day, a good day to send more emails to our legislators.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12