Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Tombstone To Provoke You To Think

A Tombstone To Provoke You To Think

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election: Number of States won by: Democrats:19, Republicans: 29

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000, Republicans: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Democrats:127 million, Republicans: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years. If you are in favor of this, then by all means, sit back and do nothing.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Oh please! There is no Hemline University--there is Hamline U. in Minnesota. And check out: http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp as it points out that Prof. Olson has had nothing to do with any of the crap being circulated on the net attributed to him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anyone who thinks Obama alone is the cause of the decline of America is truly BLIND!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Oh please! There is no Hemline University--there is Hamline U. in Minnesota. And check out: http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp as it points out that Prof. Olson has had nothing to do with any of the crap being circulated on the net attributed to him.

Would be a great name for a school for seamstresses though.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Is that a SEXIST comment?

Who is Snopes

I've used Snopes for verification before, however, check out the email below for interesting information:

Many depend upon Snopes for the truth. I have long suspected they had their own agenda. If this is true, I guess they do.

For the past few years www.snopes.com has positioned itself, or Others have labeled it as the 'tell-all, final word' on Any comment, claim and e-mail.

But for several years people tried to find out who Exactly was behind http://www.snopes.com Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it - Kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally We know. It is run by a husband and wife team - that's Right, no big office of investigators and researchers, No team of lawyers. It's just a mom-and-pop operation That began as a hobby.

David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the website about 13 years ago - and They have no formal background or experience in Investigative research. After a few years it gained Popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but Over the past couple of years people started asking Questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish Motivation? The reason for the questions - or skepticisms - Is a result of snopes.com Claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain Questions or issues, when in fact, they have been proven Wrong . Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were Not really investigating and getting to the 'true' Bottom of various issues. When I saw that Snopes had Falsely claimed that Obama's Birth Certificate had been Properly validated, I realized something was wrong with Either their research and/or their credibility. It seems Something is seriously wrong with both.

Then a few months ago, when my State Farm agent Bud Gregg In Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made big splash across the Internet, Supposedly the Mikkelson's claim to have researched this Issue before posting their findings on snopes.com In their statement they claimed The corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into Taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ever Took place.

I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied Back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom Of this, and I gave him Bud Gregg's contact phoneNumbers. Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the Big exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would have been Willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever = contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet snopes.com issued a Statement as the 'final factual word' on the issue as if They did all their homework and got to the bottom of Things. Not!

Then it has been learned the Mikkelson's are very Democrat And extremely liberal. As we all now know from this Presidential election, liberals have a purpose agenda to Discredit anything that appears to be conservative. There Has been much criticism lately over the Internet with People pointing out the Mikkelson's liberalism revealing Itself in their website findings. Gee, what a shock!

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to www.snopes.com to get what They think to be the bottom line facts: Proceed with Caution. Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you Can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you Can always Google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that's all the Mikkelson's do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience For their 'not' fully looking into things.
    http://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Snopes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Is that a SEXIST comment?

Being a female, would it even be possible for me to make a sexist comment about seamstresses?

Or would it be sexist because I ommitted Tailors?

Sheesh......this darned pc crap is soooooo confusing

jamesw62, you made my point exactly! Trust nothing posted on the net as there are a lot of shenanigans going on. Even Wikipedia is suspect IMO, as any user can go in there and change any facts they wish. I read somewhere that someone tried to change the bad description of his background and writings, but it was continually changed back. About the only things that seem safe as far as Wikipedia are the lifestyle of bugs and plants.
    The net is easy access, and to encourage our students to take everything published there as fact is real scary unless one really knows where the info came from.