Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Justonehero wrote:

bush and Kucinich have the same ideas when it comes to immigration.
    Here's more information on Kucinich:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Dennis_ ... ration.htm

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If Bush is Immpeached will that not leave us with Chaney which is just as bad if not worse and Are we gonna go for immpeachment when one of the two idiots we have to pick from for the new president in November goes into office ? NONE of them are any better
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Justonehero wrote:

bush and Kucinich have the same ideas when it comes to immigration.
    Here's more information on Kucinich:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Dennis_ ... ration.htm
    No vigilantism & no sending illegals home willy-nilly
    Q: What should employers do when hiring and a workers documents do not appear to be in order?
    A: Rely on the Constitution. We don't encourage vigilantism in this country. We have due process, we have equal protection, we have habeas corpus. As I've said: Cancel NAFTA. Negotiate a new trade agreement with Mexico based on workers rights, human rights, and environmental quality principles. Give a path to legalization for the people who have been here. You can't send them home willy-nilly.

Source: 2007 Democratic radio debate on NPR Dec 4, 2007

Encourage the American people to reach out; learn languages
    Q: Is this country gradually going to become more a Spanish-speaking country, and should we accept that?
    A: I was able to defeat an English-only proposal in the Ohio Senate years ago when I pointed out our state's founding documents were in German. We need to have our children learn languages. Why are we separating ourselves from the possibility of being able to merge with the world? An insular and isolated America doesn't cut it. I'm talking about encouraging the American people to reach out.

Source: 2007 Democratic radio debate on NPR Dec 4, 2007

There aren't any illegal human beings
    Q: In the absence of comprehensive immigration reform, do you support driver's licenses for illegal immigrants?
    A: I take issue with your description of people being illegal immigrants. There aren't any illegal human beings. They are undocumented. The best way to deal with this is cancel NAFTA and renegotiate the trade agreement with Mexico. You give people a path to legalization and make sure that you don't criminalize their status any further. I take exception to the way you framed that question

Source: 2007 Democratic debate in Las Vegas, Nevada Nov 15, 2007

Promote Spanish as a second national language
    Q: Would you be willing to promote Spanish as a second national language of the US?
    A: Yes. When I was mayor of Cleveland, I made it a point to reach out to our Hispanic community in the city of Cleveland. And before that, 40 years ago, when I was a candidate for city council, it was the involvement in the Hispanic community that proved to create the circumstances for my election. So I have a deep understanding of the economic issues that people deal with.

Source: 2007 Democratic primary debate on Univision in Spanish Sep 9, 2007

Build relationships between nations, not walls
    Q: None of the 9/11 terrorists entered the US through the Mexican border. Why build a wall there in the name of national security?
    A: First of all, a Kucinich administration will build relationships between nations, not walls. We need to move forward with an America that remembers where we came from, and immigration reform has to be central to it. That means there must be a path to legalization, because there are no illegal human beings. We have to start looking at our policies, which are aimed at separating people. Everyone here understands that the immigration acceleration occurred after the passage of NAFTA. I've said one of my first acts in office will be to cancel NAFTA and the WTO and go back to trade based on workers' rights. And then we have a new trade agreement with Mexico, a trade agreement that strengthens America and Mexico and strengthens the rights of workers to organize and collectively bargain.

Source: 2007 Democratic primary debate on Univision in Spanish Sep 9, 2007

Sanctuary cities follow moral law if not federal law
    Q: Would you allow "sanctuary cities" to ignore the federal law and provide sanctuary to these immigrants?
    A: We're forgetting who we are as Americans. You have to remember the message of the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." We're forgetting that.

Q: Would you allow these sanctuary cities to disobey the federal law?

A: Absolutely. You know what? There's a moral law here. And the moral law says that the immigrants are being used and mistreated.

Source: 2007 Democratic primary debate at Dartmouth College Sep 6, 2007

Stop blaming immigrants for our system of slave labor
    Our policies and this big debate about immigration that has basically cowed the Senate into submission has ignored one fact, & that is that the immigrant workers who have come north of the border were there because after NAFTA passed, wages collapsed in Mexico, the peso dropped, and people were desperate to survive. So what happened? So they came north of the border and they were willing to work for next to nothing.
    It is a blot on American history that we have maintained a system of slave labor, and now we're blaming the immigrants for that. We can have sane immigration policies. But we have to stop blaming the victim.

We have to also make sure that we do not exclude people from an opportunity. Those who have been here, who have paid their taxes and paid their dues for the last decade need to have a chance to have a path to citizenship. They should not be told, after they've made their contribution to our economy, "No, we don't want you anymore; go home," because America is their new home.

Source: Take Back America 2007 Conference Jun 20, 2007

Roadmap to citizenship for immigrants

I thought the liberal mainstream media would go ALL OUT for THIS! I thought that they HATED President Bush!

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    I thought the liberal mainstream media would go ALL OUT for THIS! I thought that they HATED President Bush!
    The democrates and the republican parties are one and the same! They both are for ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

MW
    joazhina wrote:

Even they know this is a meaningless waste of time.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12