Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TOTOTAL ECONOMIC BOYCOTT OF MEXICO

Hi folks , I was interested in getting your thoughts about a boycott of Mexico over the illegal immigration debate ? Are you aware that the US is Mexico’s number one trading partner ? They send 85 % of their exports to our nation , furthermore ,70 % of illegal immigrants come from Mexico .

When I first had this thought I wasn’t eager to really talk about it because I know the people of Mexico are desperately poor , however ,the actions of their nation and society concerning our own internal affairs has really started to rub me the wrong way lately .

Our own government is ignoring us , it’s fine and dandy to send faxes and make phone calls , the republicans are starting to understand our position , but the democrats are ignoring the public will .. It’s like they want to play a game of chicken with us …

If 25 % of the us population started to completely boycott Mexico the economic fallout would be earth shattering .. The question I suppose is how would the rest of you feel about a boycott , and would you be willing to go the extra mile in order to not buy products made , assembled or grown in Mexico ?

Marquis

Frankly, I think the best we can do is to keep the heat on the present Congressional members, and work for pro-enforcement candidates for the fall elections. Or financially contribute to their election campaigns. This is especially true in the swing states.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am already avoiding Mexico. I used to vacation there, but I won't any longer. I don't want one cent going to that corrupt country.

I read somewhere a while back that Mexico gets most of its money from tourism, oil and the remittances illegal aliens send back to Mexico. The remittances is in the billions. We should tax that!

I liked the presidents speech when he said it is impossilble to enforce immigration laws.

I eat produce from Mexico. If I am buying their oil or anything else - I am not aware of it.

At first glance, the idea of boycotting Mexico was offensive to me - because we wish for them to go home and be able to have work there that is not in the drug cartels. Plus I don't think I have boycotted since Cesar Chavez and grapes. It is easy to boycott when it is one item like that.

But I am thinking that the people who are doing their drugs will not boycott them so perhaps you are correct that if we could mount a successful boycott it would show Mexico that the will of the U.S. people is against what they are trying to pull - you are correct in that it seems the only way to have our voice heard.

But my little bits of cilantro and tomato are not enough. What do you suggest? Other than produce I am not aware of any products of Mexico that I purchase.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I Started

I Started Boycotting Mexico a very long time ago. I refuse to buy anything made or grown there and not just for the posterity of the American people but for safety sake.

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    I eat produce from Mexico. If I am buying their oil or anything else - I am not aware of it.

At first glance, the idea of boycotting Mexico was offensive to me - because we wish for them to go home and be able to have work there that is not in the drug cartels. Plus I don't think I have boycotted since Cesar Chavez and grapes. It is easy to boycott when it is one item like that.

But I am thinking that the people who are doing their drugs will not boycott them so perhaps you are correct that if we could mount a successful boycott it would show Mexico that the will of the U.S. people is against what they are trying to pull - you are correct in that it seems the only way to have our voice heard.

But my little bits of cilantro and tomato are not enough. What do you suggest? Other than produce I am not aware of any products of Mexico that I purchase.
    Sarum, are you aware of how they "fertilize" thier produce in mexico? It's with sewer water.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GR
    I've boycotted Mexico and China products for so many years.

YES, boycott Mexico!

Most definitely!

Frankly, I'm appalled that O'Reilly hasn't called for one of his famous boycotts.

France found out how Americans can do the right thing for AMERICA, when any nation steps on us and our nation.

boycott mexico have been since their walkout a few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast