Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    This looks like APple Valley or Victorville. I lived in AV in the mid 80's and I don't even recognize it anymore. Glad I got out.
    Workin' it's way to Palm Springs.
    ------------------------

Banned

California Burning

Take a trip down highway 99 In California between Bakersfield and Stockton... Even better,try old highway 58 through Barstow.... Boarded up houses In solid graffiti litter the entire road... The trains and the boxcars In tow are all graffiti painted..... Signs along the freeways are In Spanish.... California Is lost,and It would take a miracle to reverse all of the damage caused by Illegal Immigration....... TS

Re: California Burning

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Take a trip down highway 99 In California between Bakersfield and Stockton... Even better,try old highway 58 through Barstow.... Boarded up houses In solid graffiti litter the entire road... The trains and the boxcars In tow are all graffiti painted..... Signs along the freeways are In Spanish.... California Is lost,and It would take a miracle to reverse all of the damage caused by Illegal Immigration....... TS
    Agreed.
    ------------------------

January 3, 2010

The 'Californiazation' of America
    By David Ignatius

The U.S. economy survived the traumas of 2009, thanks to good policy and good luck. What worries me, looking ahead, is what might be called the "Californiazation" of America -- the growing tendency of our political system to make promises in social spending programs that it isn't prepared to pay for with tax increases.

America's other economic problems seem solvable: The economy is returning to normal growth, even though consumers are sensibly saving a greater proportion of their incomes; the global economy is becoming more balanced, with China contemplating an upward adjustment in the value of its currency; and the Federal Reserve is managing the transition from a crisis policy of free money to a tightening that's likely to begin later this year.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 99749.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The place is crawling with gangs. Houses built by illegals. In San Bernardino 50% of the homicides go unsolved. Unemployment in double digits. Drive into the area and all you hear is rat music blared soo loudly it shakes your car seat. Not to mention all of the drugs, hit and runs, drive by's, grafitti, home invasion robberies, etc... The little gangbangers do break into the empty houses and empty them even more.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyYuma
    The place is crawling with gangs. Houses built by illegals.
    In San Bernardino 50% of the homicides go unsolved. Unemployment in double digits. Drive into the area and all you hear is rat music blared soo loudly it shakes your car seat. Not to mention all of the drugs, hit and runs, drive by's, grafitti, home invasion robberies, etc... The little gangbangers do break into the empty houses and empty them
    even more.
    That's one thing that made me leave SanBerdo..
    ------------------------

Elizabeth from a 6th. generation Oregonian, i agree with all you said.
    IF WE AMERICANS HAD THE POWER,WHAT A NATION WE COULD HAVE AGAIN! LIKE THE 40s,50s,60s.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    No offense to anyone out of our state here, but I have to say I agreed with Tom McCall......"We want you to visit our State of Excitement often. Come again and again. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live. Or if you do have to move in to live, don't tell any of your neighbors where you are going.".

It is said at the time we just did not have the infrastructure for large numbers of people moving in from out of state, so he was simply stating that the process of people moving here needed to be slow ("don't tell your neighbors..") so we could adjust and make sure it was better planned that what happened to Southern California.

However, once he was out of office, and the seventies were in full bloom, Portland, Salem, Eugene and all of their suburbs began to allow unfettered building of apartment complexes, most times from out of state development companies (yep, you guessed it, CA companies). Sure the money from taxes, fee's and such seemed good at the time, but then reality hit, apartments are usually filled by people who could not afford to own a house, and this meant that whole neighborhoods made up of lower income people who paid little in state income taxes.

Soon the tracts of suburban homes began to spring up in once beautiful family owned farmlands. At the time, real estate prices were really low compared to the rest of the nation, and especially to sprawling California. People began to move here, and the demand for better and bigger housing hit, prices soared and this locked out the average working class family in Oregon.

Of course, the older complexes became enclaves for masses of illegal aliens who filtered up here for field work (in the 70's), finding they could better afford the older cheaper complexes in Oregon over more expensive places. This created a competition for affordable housing that has been escalating till now. The average American family is unwilling to live in a rental house with three other families, as with illegal aliens.

I would not mind an influx of like minded Americans, who share an awe and love for what this state is and has to offer (I cannot begin to describe some of the untouched places that can be seen here), who also valued keeping it as pristine as we can, I am against those coming in who want to buy acres upon acres, then build sprawling mansions in the midst of once open farmland, and influencing city councils to favor their ideas of "good living", changing our towns forever.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12