Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

illegal immigration debate Forum Index -> Other Topics News and Issues
    View previous topic :: View next topic
    CrocketsGhost
    ALIPAC Hero Elite

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:59 am Post subject: Treason - what is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this is the general discussion area, I thought I would try to start a discussion on the nature and various definitions of treason. Treason is a word that gets used quite a bit on this site, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly. I believe that it is important when employing rhetoric to be clear as to the idea that one is attempting to convey, and so I am curious as to the usage intended in general discussion here.

My own opinion is that there are at least two practical definitions of treason, one of which is the common usage and one of which is the specific legally defined crime. When speaking of behavior that is injurious to the nation and its people in a general sense, it is acceptable to throw the term around with a bit less care than when stating a desire for the punishment of the criminal act of treason.

Before I post a little treatise I had previously written on the nature of treason, I would like to solicit comments from the other site members on this subject. Specifically:

1. How do you define treason?
    2. Who in this country do you believe is guilty of treason?
    3. Can one be a traitor and yet not guilty of the crime of treason?
    4. Name an act that you believe constitutes treason.

You may provide a response to any or all of the questions above or may feel free to discuss other elements of the subject as you see fit, bearing in mind that the object here is not to argue over whether or not this or that person is a traitor, but rather to refine the understanding of the term and its usage.

As I mentioned, I will provide a short treatise on treason and the historical application of therm in this country after some of you have had an opportunity to post your own comments and opinions.

------------------------

Banned
    Ummmm...MK, what were you trying to say?

Judy, you sound like me.

I took a book to heart also - except it was the books on "We, the people."

I also understand exactly what Crockett is saying .

While it is the laws that are an impediment to just 'ousting' and charging them, it is also the system of corruption. We have huge organizations against us in this fight. These are organizations that are being funded, in part, by our government with our very own money. Then we have the huge corporations who stand to gain from this. We are not just David and Goliath - we are David up against several Goliaths. While our enemies are very prepared, we have few weapons in this fight.

We do still have our vote - assuming we can find someone to vote for that will make a difference.

We still have our voices - assuming we can find anyone to listen.

We still (for the present anyway) have control of some of our money - assuming we are willing to use it wisely.

Yes, we should work on a local level and raise up good lawmakers. We simply must. That, however, is going to take at least a generation. By that time, amnesty will be a done deal, millions more of their family members will be here, our children will have graduated with a poor education, many more Americans will be out of a job or working for much less, etc., etc., etc.

Our money is an immediate weapon and we could make a turn around in a year or less if we were only organized.

Organization is the key to any action we are going to take.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Crocketsghost wrote:
    Ummmm...MK, what were you trying to say?
    I`m still thinking.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    What I'm seeing is a person mostly realistic up against a super-optimist. Both have been quite successful in life and outstanding people. I think we'll have to be realistic here and allow that Judy took that childhood book we all read to heart, and will continue to operate by "I think I can." I am so glad you guys are both on this team. Thanks for all you do.

I actually never read that book as a child, but ....

"I think I can."

"I think I can."

"I think I can."

However, I do have ancestors who were colonists here who thought they could; and other ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War who thought they could; and an uncle who was with our Armed Forced at Iwo Jima who thought they could; and another uncle who was with our Paratroopers in Germany during WWII who thought they could.

So .... that Super-Optimism thing is probably just one of those genetic defects passed down through the years we affectionately call "Just Being an American".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234