Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trump blasts Sen. Corker as 'negative voice'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump blasts Sen. Corker as 'negative voice'

Trump blasts Sen. Corker as 'negative voice'
    Corker calls White House 'adult day care'

Published 10:51 a.m. ET Oct. 8, 2017
    Updated 11:31 a.m. ET Oct. 8, 201

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired back at criticism from a Republican senator on Sunday, saying Sen. Bob Corker was a "negative voice" in the Senate and was responsible for the "horrendous" Iran nuclear deal.

Trump's Sunday morning Twitter salvo followed weeks of increasing criticism of the president by Corker, who announced last week that he would not run for re-election in 2018.

"Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement)," Trump said in a series of tweets. "He also wanted to be secretary of State, I said 'NO THANKS.' He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran deal!

"Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!"

Corker fired back on Twitter later Sunday morning: "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."

Corker, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was the architect of a procedural bill that allowed the Iran nuclear deal to proceed last year. Trump is facing an Oct. 15 deadline to recertify that deal, in which the U.S. and five other world powers agreed to ease sanctions on Iran in exchange for international monitoring of Iran's nuclear program.

Trump and Corker have been feuding since August, when Corker questioned Trump's competence to lead. He stood behind those comments last week, adding that Secretary of Defense James Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson were "people that help separate our country from chaos" — implicitly identifying Trump as the source of that chaos.

Trump's response followed a pattern of rebuking former allies by noting that he rejected their pleas for help.

In July, he accused MSNBC talkers Joe Scarborough and Mike Brzezinski of turning on him after he rebuffed them at his Mar-a-Lago resort. And when CEOs started to resign en masse from presidential commissions over his response to a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, he said it was because he had lectured them on moving jobs overseas.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nda/744071001/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump trashes outgoing Republican Sen. Bob Corker

By Eli Watkins, CNN

Updated 11:34 AM ET, Sun October 8, 2017

Corker: Tillerson not getting support he needs

Story highlights

Sen. Bob Corker announced last month he would not seek re-election
    The Tennessee Republican has a tumultuous relationship to the President
    "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center" Corker tweeted later Sunday

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump attacked Sen. Bob Corker in a series of tweets Sunday, days after the Tennessee Republican made public comments criticizing him.

"Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without..." Trump wrote in a series of three consecutive tweets. "..my endorsement). He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said "NO THANKS." He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!"

"...Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!" Trump added.

Corker responded by tweeting an insult to Trump later Sunday morning.

"It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning," Corker wrote.

Former US attorney Preet Bharara, now a senior legal analyst at CNN, retweeted Corker's response, remarking, "An adult day care center whose chief resident can't count to 51."

Bharara was fired by Trump a few months into his presidency.

Corker, the chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee, announced late last month he would not seek another term in the Senate and has made some critical comments about Trump's demeanor and temperament.

Corker said in August that Trump had not yet demonstrated "the stability nor some of the competence" he needed to be successful.

He said Wednesday that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary James Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly "help separate our country from chaos."

Corker also said Tillerson has not received the support he needs from Trump.

"I mean, look, I see what's happening here," Corker said. "I deal with people throughout the administration and (Tillerson), from my perspective, is in an incredibly frustrating place, where, as I watch, OK, and I can watch very closely on many occasions, I mean you know, he ends up being not being supported in the way I would hope a secretary of state would be supported, that's just from my vantage point."

Tillerson, who has reportedly been displeased with Trump and his own role in the administration, made a public statement last week reaffirming his support for the President after news reports spoke of acrimony between the two men -- principally, that Tillerson had questioned Trump's intelligence, calling him a "moron," in front of other top officials.

Tillerson's statement of support for Trump prompted the President to say his secretary of state had refuted the story about the insult. Trump later told reporters inside a Las Vegas hospital, where he was visiting the victims of last Sunday's mass shooting, that he has "total confidence" in Tillerson and said reports that the secretary of state called him a moron were "fake news" and "totally made up."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politi...ets/index.html

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So looking forward to when Tennessee elects Marsha Blackburn to the US Senate.

"It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning," Corker wrote.

---------------------------------

Guess they forgot to change Corker's diaper...take your full load and go home!

We have had it with your crap!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL