Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trump expected to halt DACA but allow some Dreamers to stay temporarily ALIPAC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two of the sources said the plan is to have a six-month delay in any action regarding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program to allow Congress time to pass a fix through legislation that would allow the undocumented immigrants to stay in the country.
    ============================

DACA on the brink

@ Trump decides to end DACA — will start deporting Dreamers in six months
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't think we're going to know the details until Tuesday.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Americans Last: Will Trump Break another campaign promise tomorrow?
    https://www.alipac.us/f8/americans-l...morrow-350350/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    JohnDoe wrote (excerpt):

Two of the sources said the plan is to have a six-month delay in any action regarding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program to allow Congress time to pass a fix through legislation that would allow the undocumented immigrants to stay in the country.
    I've been warning for some time now that Trump was keeping DACA alive to give the U.S. Congress time to come up with a legislative fix. If the rumors are true, seems I was right. Guess Trump wants his legacy to be illegal immigrant amnesty! First, sign an amnesty for DACA enrollees and those eligible for the program. Next, a couple years later, work with the Congress to pass a Comprehensive Immigration Reform package (he's already made mention of this). President Bush wanted it, Obama wanted it, and now Trump wants it so bad he can taste it!

Trump is easily influenced and unfortunately I think he is being pushed in the wrong direction by the wrong people!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Coffman Thinks DACA Extension Has Enough Votes to Pass

That vote is expected to happen Tuesday.

Coffman believes it has enough support to pass. . .
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    JohnDoe wrote (excerpt):

I've been warning for some time now that Trump was keeping DACA alive to give the U.S. Congress time to come up with a legislative fix. If the rumors are true, seems I was right. Guess Trump wants his legacy to be illegal immigrant amnesty! First, sign an amnesty for DACA enrollees and those eligible for the program. Next, a couple years later, work with the Congress to pass a Comprehensive Immigration Reform package (he's already made mention of this). President Bush wanted it, Obama wanted it, and now Trump wants it so bad he can taste it!

Trump is easily influenced and unfortunately I think he is being pushed in the wrong direction by the wrong people!
    These bills SAVE, ENLIST and BRIDGE were all introduced in January and February, BRIDGE was introduced in January. This should come as no surprise that efforts to legalize would be made as soon as DACA ended. Hopefully Coffman is wrong and he does not have enough votes to pass his BRIDGE ACT through the House. Hopefully there aren't 9 traitors in the Senate who would allow a 60 vote cloture to vote on it in the US Senate.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    These bills SAVE, ENLIST and BRIDGE were all introduced in January and February, BRIDGE was introduced in January. This should come as no surprise that efforts to legalize would be made as soon as DACA ended. Hopefully Coffman is wrong and he does not have enough votes to pass his BRIDGE ACT through the House. Hopefully there aren't 9 traitors in the Senate who would allow a 60 vote cloture to vote on it in the US Senate.
    While it may be "no surprise" that the U.S. Congress wants to legalize those enrolled in DACA, it is a big surprise for some (not me) that Trump supports it and is actually pushing for it. He's got a "big heart" and doesn't want to send these "kids" home.

If the rumors turn out to be true that Trump is going to continue the program for another six months, he will have revealed his true self to us. Thank goodness AG Paxton of Texas and his lawsuit partners have forced Trump to reveal himself so we can stop playing into this charade and everyone, even you, can actually see Trump as the amnesty supporter he is.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You speak for yourself, you draw your own conclusions, they are yours alone. Nothing you say will change my opinion of this President, MW. I've listened to you and others pound on him for at least 6 months. It does not impress me. What impresses me is Trump's plan to let the program expire in June which avoids all those lawsuits that would arise by the requirement under DHS rules and laws concerning canceling work permits that requires them to be handled individually and case by case. A frigging bureaucratic nightmare. When the program expires by its own terms, you avoid all that.

I realize that you are working against Trump for some purpose related to 2020. That's fine and that's your political freedom to do so. But you aren't going to change the minds of actual Trump Supporters with lies about him and amnesty. No one is. You actually just diminish yourself in the process of trying to do so in my opinion.

Your time attacking Trump may have been better spent lobbying Congress against such bills like the SAVE, BRIDGE and ENLIST ACTS, like I suggested on February 24, 2017 on this forum.

Last edited by Judy; 09-04-2017 at 11:09 PM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You speak for yourself, you draw your own conclusions, they are yours alone. Nothing you say will change my opinion of this President, MW. I've listened to you and others pound on him for at least 6 months. It does not impress me. What impresses me is Trump's plan to let the program expire in June which avoids all those lawsuits that would arise by the requirement under DHS rules and laws concerning canceling work permits that requires them to be handled individually and case by case. A frigging bureaucratic nightmare. When the program expires by its own terms, you avoid all that.

I realize that you are working against Trump for some purpose related to 2020. That's fine and that's your political freedom to do so. But you aren't going to change the minds of actual Trump Supporters with lies about him and amnesty. No one is. You actually just diminish yourself in the process of trying to do so in my opinion.

Your time would have been better spent lobbying Congress against such bills like the SAVE, BRIDGE and ENLIST ACTS, like I suggested on February 24, 2017 on this forum.
    To keep repeating misinformation in the hope that somebody will buy into it is very disingenuous and does not serve a helpful or logistical purpose.

There is no sunset date for DACA. The program will continue until the Trump administration ends it or the courts do. What's this June date you keeping speaking of? June was over two months ago. We're in September now. Trump could end DACA at anytime and allow the work permits to expire naturally since they're only issued for 24 months periods. That would be acceptable to AG Paxton of Texas and his lawsuit partners (they said as much). Any lawsuits against Trump for ending a program he has unquestioned authority to end would be frivolous and without merit .... they would go nowhere.

I realize that you are working against Trump for some purpose related to 2020. That's fine and that's your political freedom to do so. But you aren't going to change the minds of actual Trump Supporters with lies about him and amnesty. No one is. You actually just diminish yourself in the process in my opinion.
    I have no design on 2020 and am not working against Trump. However, I do expect President Donald Trump to keep his promises. When he breaks those promises, I get a little upset. Sorry you have a difficult time comprehending my anger. Honestly, I don't believe I'm the only Trump voter around here or in the country that feels this way. Believe it or not, the trees aren't blocking my view of the forest.

FYI: attempting to marginalize my voice with untruths, snipes, and platitudes doesn't help strengthen your own argument. Just saying .......

I'm not sympathetic to your emotional wounded bird behavior, MW. Sorry! Would you have me believe that if Trump had never promised to end the 2 unconstitutional executive orders that had been stopped by a Judge which were DACA Expansion and DAPA, which he has already revoked, that you would have voted for Hillary Clinton or Gary Johnson? Really?

We'll find out tomorrow at 11 am from Attorney General Jeff Sessions what they are doing with DACA 2012. So, perhaps you can find it within yourself to pull yourself up by your boot straps, get a grip and hold on to your "anger" until you find out what they're doing. I expect an announcement that the program expired by its terms in June, was extended to resolve the related issues of the lawsuit so it could be dismissed, and there will be no renewal of the program because it's unconstitutional and not in the best interest of the American People or the sovereignty of the United States. He'll walk through a few details and refer people to the website for more information.

On the other hand, they may have a whole new game plan.

We just won't know until the announcement is made tomorrow.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast