Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Latest on Trump: He was a draft dodger and lied about it. I'm sure this is just the beginning of what will be found hiding in his closet.
    Yes, the press is already dogpiling him as his support grows. They are seeing their Golden Boy lose his shine and they don't like it.

Trump might be a draft dodger, but I don't know if that will make him a bad POTUS. I have already told my son, he'd better not join the military or I'll ship his a$$ off to Canada myself. I do NOT want my son's blood spilled for another phoney globalist war.
    Well, it certainly says a lot about his character. Furthermore, remember, our president is also the supreme commander of all the armed forces in our nation. Dodging the draft and then giving a false account about it is pretty serious business in my book. Basically a draft dodger is someone who fails to answer his country's call to duty because of cowardice. Neglecting his responsibility also means someone else had to go in his stead. For every person that dodged the draft, someone else got called up to serve in their place.

I understand your feelings as a mother, however, freedom is not cheap and certainly isn't without sacrifice.
    Whose freedom were we fighting for in Vietnam? Certainly not our freedoms and certainly not in defense of our country. It’s one thing to dodge the draft when our country is under attack. It’s quite another when someone isn’t willing to give their life fighting some politically declared enemy, which has not materalized as a direct threat to our country.

I will not be so quick to vilify someone for their unwillingness to sacrifice their life in order to protect the freedoms of some third-world country - which will end up blaming us in the end for the problems anyway.

You're exactly right that freedom is not cheap and it's certainly not without sacrifice. This is precisely why I believe if these countries around the globe want freedom so badly, they themselves are the ones who are going to have to make the sacrifice for it. Not our young men.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Sorry! take that Homely canine with you!"
    What does this mean?
    "Instead of "take that ugly ass! dog wit cha!"

"Most of us want to scream! I mean scream! in Obama's face "YOU SUCK!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Latest on Trump: He was a draft dodger and lied about it. I'm sure this is just the beginning of what will be found hiding in his closet.
    Yes, the press is already dogpiling him as his support grows. They are seeing their Golden Boy lose his shine and they don't like it.

Trump might be a draft dodger, but I don't know if that will make him a bad POTUS. I have already told my son, he'd better not join the military or I'll ship his a$$ off to Canada myself. I do NOT want my son's blood spilled for another phoney globalist war.
    Well, it certainly says a lot about his character. Furthermore, remember, our president is also the supreme commander of all the armed forces in our nation. Dodging the draft and then giving a false account about it is pretty serious business in my book. Basically a draft dodger is someone who fails to answer his country's call to duty because of cowardice. Neglecting his responsibility also means someone else had to go in his stead. For every person that dodged the draft, someone else got called up to serve in their place.

I understand your feelings as a mother, however, freedom is not cheap and certainly isn't without sacrifice.
    Whose freedom were we fighting for in Vietnam? Certainly not our freedoms and certainly not in defense of our country. It’s one thing to dodge the draft when our country is under attack. It’s quite another when someone isn’t willing to give their life fighting some politically declared enemy, which has not materalized as a direct threat to our country.

I will not be so quick to vilify someone for their unwillingness to sacrifice their life in order to protect the freedoms of some third-world country - which will end up blaming us in the end for the problems anyway.

You're exactly right that freedom is not cheap and it's certainly not without sacrifice. This is precisely why I believe if these countries around the globe want freedom so badly, they themselves are the ones who are going to have to make the sacrifice for it. Not our young men.
    You're missing my point. It wasn't Trump's place to make that call. The U.S. Constitution authorizes the Congress to "raise and support Armies." Being a citizen of this country is not without responsibilities. The man was lawfully called to serve and he failed to to do so. I'm not going to get into an argument over which wars are just and which aren't because it is irrelevant. We expect federal law enforcement to obied by our immigration laws. So, why shouldn't we expect our citizens to obied by our country's laws when it comes to the draft or registering for selective service? I'm sorry, as a former combat veteran (volunteer), I cannot tolerate a draft dodger. Actually my father served as a draftee in the Korean War and my son has served in Iraq. Additionally, I lost an uncle and cousin in Vietnam. Trust me, without going into detail, my family and I know a little bit about sacrifice.

If you can't understand where I'm coming from, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Moreover, I feel a draft dodger should be ostracised, not honored. I'm not saying you or anyone else on ALIPAC is proud of Trump for dodging his responsibility to serve, but there probably are some people in this country who are, and to me that is a crying shame.

I understand where you're coming from and I do not disagree entirely with what you're saying. Personally, had I been alive and called upon to serve at the time, I would have gone and fulfilled my so called "duty."

Based upon what I know Trump received a medical deferment from the very same government that instituted the draft. The same deferment that former President Clinton received I believe and that didn't stop him from being Commander in Chief.

If Trump secured that deferment based upon a lie or deception then certainly that's something to be looked at. But if the deferment was granted in accordance with the law and was legitimate, then what's your argument? Is there evidence that his deferment was based upon fraudulent grounds?

Unfortunately, those like Trump, who have money and connections, play by a different set of rules than you or I. I'm not saying it's right or just, but it is what it is and it always has been and always will be.

All the more reason as to why we should not be fighting around the globe for the freedoms of others, since the ones making the sacrifices aren't the Clintons and Trumps of the world, but rather people like you and your children. I don't believe that's right or just!

I'm not a Trump fan by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that someone like this would be even considered for the highest office in the free world says a lot about how decrepit our current political system has become.

IMHO, that’s what people should be worried about.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234