Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trump: Illegals Not Backbone Of America, Legal Migrants ‘That’s The Backbone!’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump: Illegals Not Backbone Of America, Legal Migrants ‘That’s The Backbone!’

by ALEX SWOYER
    4 Feb 2016
    Washington, DC

Illegal immigrants are not the “backbone” of America, Donald Trump forcefully responded to a question from his audience in New Hampshire.

“People that came to this country legally and they worked their ass off…that’s the backbone!” the real estate mogul said on Thursday.

Trump changed up his campaign style during a campaign rally in Exeter, N.H., by taking questions from the audience, rather than only delivering a speech.

A member of the audience from southern California asked Trump about illegal immigrants, specifically saying they do work for much less that U.S. citizens. “Who told you to be here Bernie?” Trump challenged. “I understand your question. “

Then audience member yelled that illegal immigrants are the backbone of this country.

“I don’t think so – they’re not the backbone,” Trump countered. “People that came here and they came here legally. People that came to this country legally and they worked their ass off… that’s the backbone.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...02/04/2943398/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

'I don't think so, darling': Donald Trump dismisses woman defending illegal immigrati

'I don't think so, darling': Donald Trump dismisses woman defending illegal immigration

9 hrs ago
    Colin Campbell

Donald Trump held a town-hall-style event on Thursday, and his first question was from a woman who appeared to criticize his hard-line approach to illegal immigration.

The woman began by saying she was from Southern California.

"You live in Southern California? What are you doing here? Are you a liberal Democrat, by any chance?" Trump joked at the Exeter, New Hampshire, event.

She continued by saying she had friends who immigrated to the US illegally.

"I know the role that they have in the California and national economy because they do work that no one else wants to do and for a lot less," she told Trump.

Trump responded by accusing her of asking the question on behalf of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont), a left-wing Democratic candidate.

"Who told you to be here? Bernie?" he asked her. "No, no, this is a Bernie plant. This is a Bernie plant. All right, OK, I understand your question."

A second woman, Lucy Weiler, then yelled at Trump that immigrants were part of the backbone of the US.

"I don't think so, darling," Trump shot back. "I don't think so. I don't think so. No, I don't think so. They're not the backbone."

Trump continued:

"Let me just tell you something, you know what the backbone of our country [is]? People that came here and they came here legally. People that came to this country legally. And they worked their a-- off and they made the country great. That's the backbone."

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...gration-2016-2
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn