Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump Kills Meaningless Program, Keeps DACA “Mini-DREAM” Act in Place

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Trump Kills Meaningless Program, Keeps DACA “Mini-DREAM” Act in Place

Trump Kills Meaningless Program, Keeps DACA “Mini-DREAM” Act in Place

KEVIN DRUMJUN. 16, 2017 12:23 PM
    Bastiaan Slabbers/NurPhoto via ZUMA

The Trump administration has revoked DAPA, an Obama immigration program that never went into effect. At the same time, Trump is keeping in place DACA, the “mini-DREAM” act that protects young immigrants. In other words, Trump is killing a program that was already dead, and keeping a program that’s actually effective and has prevented thousands of potential deportations. So what do Trump’s fans think of this?

For the most part, they seem to be playing ball, praising him for the meaningless cancellation of DAPA. Even Mickey Kaus and Ann Coulter have ignored Trump’s broken promise on DACA. But not everyone is buying the spin. Here is Allahpundit at Hot Air:

Trump had a lot of options when he took office on how to handle that — he could have rescinded DACA entirely, as he promised to do last year; he could have kept the current permits in place but phased out the program by making those permits non-renewable; he could have maintained the program while closing it to new enrollees. Or he could have gone full Obama by keeping everything in place.

The program stays open, current permits are renewable, new enrollees are welcome.

He went full Obama.

Ouch. The full Obama. That’s gotta sting. But as long as everyone else keeps up a brave face and pretends that Trump has struck a mighty blow for the anti-immigration cause, he should be OK.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...-act-in-place/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!!! Oh MW, you're making me laugh so hard, my eyes are watering. When a conservative immigration hard-liner such as yourself starts quoting Mother Jones on an immigration issue to try to prove their President has let them down in some way, they really have reached to the depths of the barrel to feed that left-wing cult inspiration called Trump's Broken Promises to divide and conquer. It's right up there with the Russia Hoax.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

4 days to go.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-26-2017 at 02:50 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!!! Oh MW, you're making me laugh so hard, my eyes are watering. When a conservative immigration hard-liner such as yourself starts quoting Mother Jones on an immigration issue to try to prove their President has let them down in some way, they really have reached to the depths of the barrel to feed that left-wing cult inspiration called Trump's Broken Promises to divide and conquer. It's right up there with the Russia Hoax.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

4 days to go.
    I use a very wide brush in my information gathering. The truth can come from almost anywhere. I honestly don't know if I've ever pasted an article from Mother Jones on here before, but he got it right on this one.

As for your "4 days to go" comment. The same thing will happen on DACA that happend on June 15th .... NOTHING. DACA did not expire on June 15th and it's not going away in four days. You can praise President Trump for that because DACA is all on him now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn