Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trump Now Wants MORE Guest Workers: ‘I Changed My Mind’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Now Wants MORE Guest Workers: ‘I Changed My Mind’

Trump Now Wants MORE Guest Workers: ‘I Changed My Mind’

RACHEL STOLTZFOOS
    Reporter
    10:34 PM 03/03/201640

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump inexplicably changed his position on the H-1B visa program in Thursday’s Fox News debate, saying Silicon Valley actually does need to import tech workers for jobs instead of hiring Americans.

“We need highly skilled people in this country,” Trump told Megyn Kelly in the debate, when she questioned him about statements he’s made that contradict the policy of reducing access to the visas outlined on his website. “I changed my mind,” he added.

The reversal comes on the heels of a huge endorsement from Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions 
    of Alabama, who is leading the pro-worker immigration movement that propelled Trump to the top of the polls. Trump had adopted many of Sessions’ positions on immigration, including a reform of the H-1B visa program.“We need companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed,” his website states, advocating for a reform of the program that favors American workers. But when Kelly reminded him of the position on his website, Trump doubled down, saying he’s “softening” his position on the visa programs.

WDisney, Southern California Edison and other companies have been in the spotlight recently after laying off scores or even hundreds of workers and in some cases forcing them to train their foreign replacements on H-1B visas. At the same time, big businesses continue to argue there is a shortage of high-skilled tech workers and are demanding an increased supply.In his reversal, Trump signaled he now believes their argument, saying Silicon Valley needs “high-skilled” workers, and the country needs to bring in more high-skilled workers.
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/03/tr...anged-my-mind/

His position at his website includes the debate but doesn't state what the Daily Caller article states. The issue needs more clarity. Wonder if he is blurring the line to acquire votes when rubio folds.....

March 03, 2016 -

Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump inexplicably changed his position on the H-1B visa program in Thursday’s Fox News debate, saying Silicon Valley actually does need to import tech workers for jobs instead of hiring Americans.

“We need highly skilled people in this country,” Trump told Megyn Kelly in the debate, when she questioned him about statements he’s made that contradict the policy of reducing access to the visas outlined on his website. “I changed my mind,” he added.
    WHAT?!?! NOT acceptable!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For what it's worth,this is from his web site dated 3/3.

- March 03, 2016 -

Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

Next Release: ​Donald J. Trump Announces Senator Sessions as Chairman of National Security Advisory Committee

And this is an excerpt from his position area on web site https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. We graduate two times more Americans with STEM degrees each year than find STEM jobs, yet as much as two-thirds of entry-level hiring for IT jobs is accomplished through the H-1B program. More than half of H-1B visas are issued for the program's lowest allowable wage level, and more than eighty percent for its bottom two. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas. This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities.
    Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement. In the year 2015, with 92 million Americans outside the workforce and incomes collapsing, we need companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS.

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball View Post
    And this is an excerpt from his position area on web site https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. We graduate two times more Americans with STEM degrees each year than find STEM jobs, yet as much as two-thirds of entry-level hiring for IT jobs is accomplished through the H-1B program. More than half of H-1B visas are issued for the program's lowest allowable wage level, and more than eighty percent for its bottom two. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas. This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities.
    Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement. In the year 2015, with 92 million Americans outside the workforce and incomes collapsing, we need companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS.
    H-1b's are used to replace American workers at all skill levels, not just entry level. How is the prevailing wage determined? By region? IT workers are paid different rates depending where they are. Workers in NYC get paid much more, than Tallahassee, FL. Companies are supposed to hire Americans first, but they have unethical techniques to skirt this requirement. I've been in IT since 1980 and I've never seen any of the companies I worked at discriminate. All they were interested in is a candidates skill set. Men and women were treated the same.

And the back pedal. Eyebrows raised.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn