Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trump questions U.S. intelligence gathering

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump questions U.S. intelligence gathering

Trump questions U.S. intelligence gathering

2:06 p.m. EDT August 17, 2016

Donald Trump receives his first formal intelligence briefing Wednesday, even as he questions the quality of U.S. intelligence gathering.

Asked on Fox & Friends whether he trusts U.S. intelligence, Trump said: "Not so much from the people that have been doing it for our country. I mean, look what's happened over the last 10 years ... I mean, it's been catastrophic."

Trump will be joined at his first briefing by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Democrats have criticized Trump and Flynn for aligning themselves with Russian interests and questioned whether the volatile Republican nominee should receive a classified briefing.

Trump defended Flynn during his Fox interview, calling him "a great guy. I've gotten to know him. He's been a real fan of mine and defender of mine. And he's a terrific guy, terrific general ... tough ... smart."

For his part, Trump questioned why Clinton should received classified briefings, given her use of private email during her years as secretary of State.

By tradition, presidential nominees from both political parties receive briefings from U.S. intelligence briefings.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...nton/88891822/

Now you will understand why all those "national security officials" and former CIA people hate Trump and signed that letter. They know he'll get to the bottom of it. He'll find out all about their black-ops games, their pay to play scams, funding Rebels who funded ISIS, funded people to try and over-throw governments, fabricating intelligence reports to make things look different than they really are to pursue an agenda.

Trump is right to question our intelligence reports.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump Doesn't Trust Intelligence Briefers, Vows to Use Different People

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 04:59 PM
    By: Jason Devaney

Donald Trump pointed to the "powder keg" that is the Middle East when he vowed Wednesday to replace some of the people who have been providing presidential intelligence updates should he win the election.

Trump sat in on his first intelligence briefing Wednesday at the FBI building in New York City. Before that meeting, he told Fox News he doesn't have a lot of trust in the nation's intelligence gathering machine.

"Not so much from the people that have been doing it for our country," Trump said. "Look what's happened over the last 10 years, look what's happened over the years. It's been catastrophic. And in fact, I won't use some of the people that are your standards.

"I won't use them because they've made such bad decisions. You look at Iraq, you look at the Middle East, it's a total powder keg. If we would have never touched it, it would have been a lot better. We would have been much better off."

Trump added that U.S. military spending in the Middle East has reached around $4 trillion.

The real estate mogul praised retired Gen. Michael Flynn, who joined Trump during Wednesday's intelligence briefing. Flynn is a former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

"I have great people and Gen. Flynn is one of them," Trump told Fox.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/dona.../17/id/744028/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn