Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Trump Signs Executive Order To Reorganize Federal Government And Reduce Waste

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Signs Executive Order To Reorganize Federal Government And Reduce Waste

(Photo: NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images)

Posted By Kaitlan Collins On 4:54 PM 03/13/2017

Donald Trump signed the “Comprehensive Plan For Reorganizing The Executive Branch” from the Oval Office Monday, an executive order meant to reduce waste by reorganizing the federal government.

As the president was surrounded by his Cabinet members — with the exception of the four who have not been confirmed — he said this was a “major step towards making the federal government efficient, effective and accountable.”

“We have assembled one of the greatest Cabinets in history and I believe that so strongly,” Trump said as he signed the order, according to the White House press pool. “And we want to empower them to make their agencies as lean and effective as possible and they know how to do it. Today there is duplication and redundancy everywhere. Billions and billions of dollars are being wasted.”

“This order requires a thorough examination of every executive department and agency to see where money is being wasted, how services can be improved and whether programs are truly serving American citizens.”

“Based on this input, we will develop a detailed plan to make the federal government work better, reorganizing, consolidating and eliminating where necessary. In other words, making the federal government more efficient and very, very cost productive. So we’re going to do something, I think, very, very special.”

Trump said the Office of Management and Budget will oversee the evaluation. Then, once the investigation is complete, he will work with Congress to implement the recommendations “on behalf of the American people.”

Press secretary Sean Spicer said at the briefing Monday that there was not a specific number of agencies that the administration hoped to reduce or eliminate.

He said the White House wanted to find out “where money is being wasted” and which agencies were “outdated.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/13/tr...-reduce-waste/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This sounds like a good start.

I'll bet any housewife in America who has had to live on a budget could go through and reduce a lot of waste.

It's not that hard to find it - traipsing through the minefields of special interests might be a little tougher.

How about quit using 20 pens to sign one document...and then hand each committee member a pen.

Stop this tradition! Going through boxes and boxes of expensive pens.

Then Pelosi and Schumer fighting over a damn pen they did not want because they did not like the person Trump appointed on that document! What a bunch of immature babies! I would not have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes

So much waste and theft of office supplies in our government agencies!

You run a business...with your money...you make sure nothing is wasted.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    How about quit using 20 pens to sign one document...and then hand each committee member a pen.

Stop this tradition! Going through boxes and boxes of expensive pens.

Then Pelosi and Schumer fighting over a damn pen they did not want because they did not like the person Trump appointed on that document! What a bunch of immature babies! I would not have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes

So much waste and theft of office supplies in our government agencies!

You run a business...with your money...you make sure nothing is wasted.
    You probably won't believe this happened, and understand I don't know if it is still the rules.

My Mother began working on one of the fledgling poverty programs, around 1959/1960. It started very small and under LBJ's 'Great Society' it boomed.

The built up to having a clinic, adult literacy, children tutoring and summer 'school', nutritional classes, helped people who needed it check out government surplus medical equipment, etc.

My Mother wasn't 'the boss',, but one manager.

One day she was late to the office as she had business to take care of first. When she got to the office, some of the employees had a fire going in the back yard of the building. They were burning the books from the adult, children and nutritional classes, unopened cases of legal pads and pens. All the toys, inside and outside toys the children used.

When she asked what in the world was going on, she was told they had received new funding and materials and supplies from previous funding could not be held over and had to be destroyed.

She stopped it and retrieved what she could. She gave the toys to various families in town, and continued to use the office supplies, without the knowledge of the 'boss'.

Also, the first time she went to a seminar, each day she was given cash to pay for her meals. She was allowed $4 for breakfast, $7 for lunch, and $10 for dinner.

My Mother didn't eat much - coffee for breakfast, salad for lunch, and sandwich for dinner. In the early 60's, all that wouldn't have cost $5.

That night she tried to returned the unused portion of her monies, along with receipts for her food. She was told she could not return the monies. Once they were given out, it could not be returned to the government, and she should just keep the money.

She felt she couldn't keep, so she decided she would give the waitress whatever the government allowed for each meal and tell her to keep the rest as a tip.

Isn't that unbelievable, nntrixie? This is just crazy and I'm it pales to what is going on now. It's so sad thinking about all those items being burned. Disgusting what's happened to our country because working, frugality, pragmatism and common sense are punished while unemployment, spend-thrifty, corruption and stupidity are rewarded.

"SAD!"

We must fix this and get back to the real principles that made our country great!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, probably worse is happening.

Our vets are not getting necessary care and yet the VA is hiring 'decorators' and buying expensive art work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    Yes, probably worse is happening.

Our vets are not getting necessary care and yet the VA is hiring 'decorators' and buying expensive art work!!!!
    It's insane what is going on. Indecent, too.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy