Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trump Talks Trade, Immigration at Omaha Rally

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Talks Trade, Immigration at Omaha Rally

Posted: May 07, 2016 12:15 AM CESTUpdated: May 07, 2016 12:15 AM CEST

Greeted by supporters chanting "build the wall" as well as protesters, Donald Trump rallied thousands in Nebraska.

Trump spoke for about 35 minutes, highlighting issues like trade and immigration.

He made a point of saying he tailored his message for Nebraska, talking about agriculture.

"Who the hell else likes ethanol but Trump," he said.

He also talked about Japan's high tariff on beef, a major export product for Nebraska. He said he would get rid of those.

Trump said he believes in free trade, but "we have dumb people negotiating our deals. We're going to make deals that are phenomenal."

He talked about his wins in states like Indiana, and encouraged Nebraskans to go out and vote on Tuesday, even as he appears to have just about wrapped up the Republican nomination, after Ted Cruz and John Kasich suspended their campaigns.

Trump was introduced by Gov. Pete Ricketts.

The Ricketts family previously spent money through an anti-Trump political action committee.

That fact wasn't lost on Trump, who made a point of saying, "I like Pete", while at the same time criticizing those who have spent money on negative ads opposing him.

There was no mention of Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, one of the most vocal members of the "Never Trump" movement. However, Trump did mention by name other prominent Republicans like the Bush family and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan who have not endorsed him.

Trump was applauded when he said he would "build the wall" and referenced an undocumented immigrant accused of motor vehicle homicide.

"Illegal immigration comes into it. I'm not going to talk about it," Trump said.

Trump concluded by saying he'll be back, and encouraged supporters to vote for him on Tuesday.

Thousands Show Up for Trump Rally in Omaha

Posted: May 07, 2016 7:50 AM CESTUpdated: May 07, 2016 7:50 AM CEST By Melissa Newman, Reporter

Omaha, NE -From all walks of life and all across Nebraska, Donald Trump supporters flocked to Omaha Friday to catch a glimpse of the man some call “The Donald.”

Based on his previous remarks, it might be surprising to see women, minorities, or immigrants at a Trump rally, but Sonia Escharya says she’s all three.

“Actually I want to tell you why I like him - he’s very transparent, he tells you what he wants to do, and he’s very enthusiastic,” she says.

Escharya is a physician who immigrated to Nebraska from India. She says she agrees with Trump’s policies on illegal immigration.

“You would not tell your kids that, okay, I was illegal, you want to tell them yes, I came to America the right way, this is what I did,” she says. “We are immigrants, we did the right things, we are standing here and we like him.”

Another stance supporters at the Omaha event said they admired the presidential candidate for are his plans for the economy.

“He’s a businessman, we need a businessman to turn the economy around and bring jobs back,” says Joe Mazour of Hastings.

But some supporters came for just a lesson in civics.

“I think it’s a good learning experience for politics, you know,” says Takarah Muhammed, a high school freshmen attending with friends.

While most of the crowd were neighbors, local business owners, and even young families, some of Nebraska’s top GOP leaders came, putting their support behind Trump as well.

“Donald Trump says when he focuses on the economy and jobs, immigration and rebuilding military, that’s where Americans are at,” says former Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman.

Heineman, an honorary campaign chair for Trump, says he believes the man is the best choice for voters.

“You’re not going to agree with Mr. Trump on every single issue, but again I go back to when you go to the ballot box this November, you’re either going to check Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton - I think most Republicans do not want Hillary Clinton,” he says.

Some in the crowd shared his same feelings.

“Everything that Trump is against, is going against, Hillary is for, and I think it fits America a lot better in this time period,” says Ben Younkin, another rally attendee. “I don’t think anybody else can do that hardcore job other than Trump.”

Thousands Show Up for Trump Rally in Omaha

“I don’t think anybody else can do that hardcore job other than Trump.”
    A wise man you are Governor. We know for a fact that no one else can do this "hardcore job".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn