Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trump tweets that he 'worked hard' with Ford to keep plant in Ky.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump tweets that he 'worked hard' with Ford to keep plant in Ky.

Trump tweets that he 'worked hard' with Ford to keep plant in Ky.

11/17/16 10:37 PM EST

Donald Trump tweeted Thursday that the chairman of Ford motors told him the company had decided not to move production of Lincolns to Mexico, suggesting he had a hand in the decision.

“Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford … who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky,” Trump tweeted. “[N]o Mexico.”

“I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great State of Kentucky for their confidence in me!”

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great State of Kentucky for their confidence in me!
    6:15 PM - 17 Nov 2016

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico
    6:01 PM - 17 Nov 2016

In a statement, the company said it will continue to engage with Trump and Congress.

“Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky. We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the U.S," the company said.

The Washington Post confirmed that Ford had been planning to relocate production of its Lincoln MKC model to Mexico from Kentucky.

Ford is still planning to move ahead with transferring the production of some of its small cars from Michigan to Mexico, its CEO told Reuters earlier this week. Ford has maintained the change will not cost American jobs.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...lant-to-mexico

CNN is so maddening!!! They had a woman from CNN money saying it was a lie that Ford was going to move its Louisville plant to Mexico. But here's the real deal, they were going to move the Lincoln MKC SUV, a small SUV to Mexico, which is now made in Louisville and in 2019 when their UAW contract comes up for renewal, they would have been free to move the entire plant to Louisville. Not only did Ford commit to Trump they aren't moving the small SUV operation to Mexico, they aren't moving any of their Louisville plant to Mexico.

Ford chairman tells Trump Lincoln SUV production to remain at Kentucky plant
    Published November 18, 2016 FoxNews.com

The Ford Motor Company said late Thursday that it would continue producing its Lincoln MKC SUV at a plant in Kentucky after President-elect Donald Trump incorrectly implied in a tweet that the plant had been close to moving to Mexico.

Trump said that Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford had called him with the news "that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico."

In a second tweet, Trump said that he had "worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great state of Kentucky for their confidence in me!"

Ford had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of an assembly factory in Louisville so it could make more Ford Escapes there. Despite the implication of Trump's tweet, Reuters reported that Ford cannot close any U.S. plant until 2019 at the earliest under the terms of its collective bargaining agreement with the United Automobile Workers union (UAW).

In a statement, Ford said the company "confirmed with the President-elect" that it would continue producing Lincoln MKCs at the Louisville plant and added that it was "encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

Trump has been feuding with Ford over plans to move small-car production from suburban Detroit to Mexico. On the campaign trail, the real estate mogul promised that he would he would not let the company open a new plant in Mexico and would levy 35 percent tariffs on any Ford vehicles made there.

In response, Bill Ford called Trump's plan "infuriating" and "frustrating."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/11/...cky-plant.html

In response, Bill Ford called Trump's plan "infuriating" and "frustrating."
    LOL!!! Yes, I bet it is!!! So you better know that Trump tweeted out to 30 million Americans that you promised to keep your Kentucky plant in Louisville and CNN has now blasted it out to a few more million. If Trump or we hear in 2019 you're moving that plant, get ready for a FORD BOYCOTT and a 35% tariff on every vehicle and part you backhaul into this country from Mexico or anywhere else.

Until then, you better be re-thinking your decision to move your "small car" production to Mexico. We want those made here in the USA, too. Period. You or anyone else move one more plant or part of one out of this country, the BOYCOTTS and TARIFFS ARE ON.

Trump won, he's going to fix this disaster that makes it so hard for you to produce here. We all want you to make wonderful products, hire our outstanding American Workers, pay them well, BIG LEAGUE, so they can afford to buy your products and enrich your company. Your great grandaddy is the one who figured this out over 100 years ago, so live up to your legacy and run your company to benefit our citizens and you will continue to be rewarded BIG LEAGUE!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Donald Trump said he saved a Ford plant that was never leaving

SARA MORRISON
    Nov 18th 2016 10:47AM

A man dedicated a portion of his Thursday night to tweeting falsehoods. Normally, this would not be newsworthy, except that said man is also the president-elect of the United States.
    Donald Trump took to Twitter to claim that Ford would not be moving a plant from Kentucky to Mexico, and said that the car company's chairman, Bill Ford Jr., called him personally to tell him so.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico
    9:01 PM - 17 Nov 2016

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great State of Kentucky for their confidence in me!
    9:15 PM - 17 Nov 2016

According to Trump, he is already saving Kentucky jobs by convincing car manufacturers to stay there, and he is doing it at least partially because Kentucky voted for him in the presidential election. It is concerning, if not surprising, that the future president is apparently playing favorites with states based on which ones like him best. But it is perhaps more concerning that the future president is demonstrating the same propensity towards exaggeration at best and outright lies at worst on social media that he displayed before he won the presidential election.

According to basically every reputable news source and as well as the Ford company itself, there were never any plans for either of the two Ford plants in Kentucky to leave the state for Mexico or anywhere else.

Reuters reports that "Ford has repeatedly said it has no plans to close any U.S. plants and likely could not do so under the terms of the current United Auto Workers contract that expires in 2019," while the Wall Street Journal said that while Ford had "initially planned" to move production of a Lincoln SUV that Reuters describes as "low-selling" out of the state (though where that production would move to — Mexico or otherwise — was never stated), that was so the plant that produced it could devote more resources to the Ford Escape. In summary: The plant itself was never in danger of closing, and it doesn't appear that it would have lost any jobs by stopping its production of that Lincoln SUV, as they would have been re-allocated to the Ford Escape.

The Louisville Courier-Journal published Ford's statement on the matter where it diplomatically and carefully said that it "continue[d] to engage with President-elect Trump's team" and "shared our commitment to continue to investing in the US and creating American jobs." It said that on Thursday, Ford "confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky." So, yes, at least part of Trump's tweets are true. The company also made sure to note that it has invested $12 billion in American plants and created almost 28,000 jobs in the last five years (thanks Obama).

If anything, Ford's original plans to move the Lincoln SUV's production would have been better for that plant's employees: According to the Louisville Courier-Journal, the plant sometimes shuts down for a few weeks when demand for the cars it produces is low, so that the supply can match that demand. When this happens, employees get just 80 percent of their usual pay. This happened just a few weeks ago because, the Courier-Journal said, the Lincoln SUV wasn't selling as well as the "fast-selling" Escape. Ridding the plant of the Lincoln model's production may well have saved employees from a few more weeks shutdowns and 80 percent wages. Oops!

Trump's "friend" Bill Ford said in October that Trump's criticism of Ford's factories in Mexico — which Trump repeatedly used as an example that America was losing manufacturing jobs to other countries as he campaigned on promises that he and he alone would bring those jobs back — was "infuriating" and "frustrating."

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/18/donald-trump-said-he-saved-a-ford-plant-that-was-never-leaving/21609234/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl33%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D17467728 07_htmlws-main-bb

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Part of it was leaving, and going to Mexico, the Lincoln SUV portion of the Kentucky plant. And in 2 years when the UAW contract is up, the whole plant would have probably left. Trump has now stopped that. It was even reported today that Ford had told Trump before they told the UAW. The bad reporting by the AP came from the UAW union who didn't know what was going on yet because Ford hadn't told them yet, they told Trump. Ford was meeting with the UAW to tell them today.

Shame on the UAW for causing lies to be circulated about our new President and for not knowing what was going on at this Kentucky facility. Next time you hear something from Trump that confuses you why don't you call him and ask him directly instead of calling your favorite idiot reporter. You might learn something that impacts your union members.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn