Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: TRUMP WALL CENSORED: GoFundMe Page for Trump Border Wall Removed From Trending Campai

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

(Audio at Link)

Listen to The Tennessee Star Report Exclusive Interview with Vet Who Has Raised Over $10 Million Using GoFundMe to Help Trump ‘Build the Wall’

December 21, 2018

Julie Carr

On Thursday’s Tennessee Star Report with Steve Gill and Michael Patrick Leahy – broadcast on Nashville’s Talk Radio 98.3 and 1510 WLAC weekdays from 5:00 am to 8:00 am – Steve and Mike spoke exclusively with Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and recipient of the Purple Heart, about his GoFundMeaccount in which, at the time of the interview (7:15 am central time) had raised over $4 million the four days since its launch to help “build the wall.”

As the morning conversation continued, a donor made a contribution in the amount of $10,000 which was then the largest single donation so far. Later on Thursday, an anonymous donor topped that with a $50,000 donation.

As of 10 p.m. central Thursday night, contributions had grown to over $10 million. You can see the current status of the GoFundMe account here.
    You can read the full transcript here:

Leahy: We are joined now by Brian Kolfage who has a verified blue check Facebook page as a public figure, he’s a purple heart recipient, a triple amputee veteran. He put up this page, GoFundMe account just a couple days ago and already has three point one million dollars to build the wall. Welcome Brian to 98.3 FM and 1510 WLAC.

Kolfage: Hey guys, yeah thanks for having me on I appreciate it.

Gill: How did you come up with this idea? They GoFund just about everything else why not go fund the wall?

Kolfage: Well, I think you said it the best, why not? Really I think why hasn’t it been done. Everyone has been talking about it in the news for about year now people talked about doing it. Some people have done it. But none of them really got, caught traction. But this is the one that caught traction and it’s just timing. And probably the point that I’m a triple amputee and speaking out probably…(Inaudible talk)

Gill: Well you’ve got to feel pretty good that you’ve outraised, you know, just in the first day or so the entire amount they raised for Blasey-Ford.
    (Leahy laughs)

Kolfage: Oh yeah, I mean it shows…, (Chuckles)
    Gill: The media made a big deal about that. I think they raised about a million dollars for her, you’re at the three million dollar mark and the mainstream media is kind of like, shhhh, crickets.

Kolfage: Yeah I think it shut ’em up pretty quick. A lot of people said it was not possible and whether it’s possible or not I mean we’ll decide that when people you know, put their money where their mouth is. Obviously this has had a big impact.

Leahy: So Brian you have a limit of one billion dollars from the GoFundMefolks and I think President Trump has said he needs five billion dollars. Are you working on increasing that limit?

Kolfage: Yeah, that limit on there is just for the campaign but basically it’s not like a physical limit. It’s just their programming doesn’t go higher than that for the website. The donations will still come in higher. But we’re talking with them trying to fix that so we can go higher. I don’t think they ever imagined anyone would even go…

Leahy: So Brian, how do we know for sure that this money will A, go to the wall and B, we’re assuming this is a legitimate effort and you’re not taking a big cut of it but tell us a little bit about how we can assure our listening audience about that.

Gill: Not that we’d be adverse to a big consulting fee to help you with it.
    (Laughter)

Kolfage: I don’t need the money. (Laughter) We are working with a law firm out of DC and they are pretty heavy hitting, they know a lot of people in politics. They are wrapping up the contract right now between us, the people who donated, and the government whoever will accept this money. If we hit our goal and we give this money to the government they’re going to sign this contract and they’re going be held to this that our funds will only be used for the construction of the wall. They’re not going to be building dorms. There’re not going to be lining some pocket. It’s just going to be for the wall. But that’s something I think we need to have. Its good to have accountability on this. It’s kind of why we’re in this position because people are pissed off with everything that’s going on. We’re not getting what we wanted. We’re going to do it the right way.

Gill proceeded to describe the actual construction of the wall and that it’s not really a wall, and how Trump has described it as having multiple parts of fencing, wall, and barrier and in some parts wire and five hundred foot cliffs. He asked Kolfage if he thought people were taking it to literal. Kolfage replied by stating that it’s common sense and that you can’t have a “great wall of China straight across the southern border”. He acknowledged the nay sayers and hoped that he would be able to prove them wrong and they will do what they can do.

Leahy: Brian, is there a precedent, private funding for public building activity here in the United States?

Kolfage: Um, you know there is. Well I don’t know if I’d call it funding of a building. But in 2012 in Obama years, the Washington Monument was earthquake we had in D.C. A private donor gave seven million dollars to the government to pay half of the re-construction fees of it. One of the fees was to repair the Washington Monument and they had no problem taking his seven million dollars from a private citizen. So…

Gill: I think Lee Iacocca did a big fundraising campaign years ago for the Statue of Liberty renovation in Ellis Island.

Kolfage: Right. There’s plenty of precedence. It just takes you know, someone with the will and the willingness to do it and step forward. That’s why we have this law firm involved. They know all the right people who make the moves and they’re very powerful.

Leahy: Brian, I’m looking at the number of contributions you’ve received. Fifty one thousand one hundred and fifty six people have contributed a grand total of three million one hundred and thirty three thousand two hundred and fifty nine dollars to the Trump wall go fund me account as of 7:24 am central on December 20th. That figures out to be about sixty dollars per person. Not bad!

Kolfage: Yeah that’s amazing. Not everyone can make those larger donations some are making five, ten dollars. Other people, a couple people have made I think five thousand dollar donations. We’ve heard word that some people are trying to make very very large donations.

Leahy: Hey I’ve got some news for you. A gentleman by the name of Edgar Weiss one hour ago, just contributed ten thousand and fifteen dollars. That’s your highest contribution so far.

Kolfage: Oh wow. What was his name.?

Leahy: Edgar Weiss. I have no idea where he’s from. But you look at this list, and there are just eight or nine people that have given more than two thousand dollars. And the highest so far is ten thousand dollars.

Gill: Anyway we could add some advertising component to this wall to get some big bucks. I mean you’re going to have two sides of a wall. Now granted it’s not going to look like the Berlin Wall and you’d want to put the advertising high enough that it couldn’t be defaced or have gang members you know, tagging stuff. But you know up high on the wall, I mean I could just see some Coca Cola, Nike, Chick-fil-A, McDonald’s ads. (Leahy laughs) Again you’ve got two facing ways particularly in the high traffic areas like Tijuana and others. I mean let’s get Home Depot make the whole wall orange and let Home Depot chip in a bunch.

As the conversation wound to a close, Kolfage agreed with the advertising angle but was concerned that he could see boycotts occur for those brands by liberals. Leahy asked Kolfage what other media outlets he would be on and Kolfage responded that he was getting calls from the Laura Ingraham Show and would be on Fox Business tomorrow with Maria Bartiromo, plus a few other small ones.

Gill jokingly asked him if he’s heard from Jeff Zucker. Kolfage responded with a chuckle that CNN doesn’t want to talk to him about anything along with ABC. Kolfage did state however that CBS did show interest and that he is planning to be on the show after talking to The Tennessee Star Report.

Listen to the full segment:

Audio Player– – –

http://tennesseestar.com/2018/12/21/...uild-the-wall/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 12-21-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$13,309,751 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 218,237 people in 4 days
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Related:

Rep. Jim Jordan Thanks Brian Kolfage: Your Border Wall GoFundMe Page Had “Tremendous Impact” On House Vote

https://www.alipac.us/f9/rep-jim-jor...endous-368100/
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Washington Post Reporter Fails to End Vet’s Wall Funding Campaign

December 21, 2018

Penny Starr

[

A reporter with the left-wing Washington Post disapproves of a triple-amputee veteran’s Go Fund Me campaign to pay for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border that has raised more than $13 million. The reporter tried to shut it down, claiming the effort violated the fundraising website’s terms because it discriminated against mostly Latinos trying to get into the United States.

Tony Romm, who is a tech reporter for the Post and contributes to MSNBC and other leftist media outlets, announced his effort to shut down veteran Brian Kolfage’s wall funding campaign that has raised almost $14 million in five days.

“So there’s an effort on GoFundMe to raise cash money for a border wall. Has more than $5M in donations (seeking $1B) and claims to have contacts in the Trump admin (have asked for more). But it got me thinking: is that, like, allowed on the site?” Romm tweeted.

“GoFundMe terms prohibit attempts to raise cash money rooted in ‘intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases,’ among other limits,” Romm tweeted.

“So I asked GoFundMe if this wall fundraiser violates that. Spox: ‘This campaign does not violate our terms of service. The funds are safely held by our payment processor, and we will work with the organizer to transfer funds’ or return them if target isn’t met,’” Romm tweeted.

“This was my next question — how does that work, and what about the contention in the pitch itself that there are convos with Trump admin officials? are they allowed to have those convos?” Romm tweeted.

Romm did not do his homework because Kolfage’s Go Fund Me page explained this process, including a lawmaker’s introduction of a bill that would allow the money raised to be directed to funding a wall through U.S. Treasury bonds, and the campaign is also exploring other legal avenues to allow the federal government to use the funds.
    “We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall,” the Go Fund Me page said.

Romm’s efforts were unsuccessful, but Kolfage thinks his efforts will work because the American people are behind building the wall.

Laura Ingraham asked Kolfage on her The Ingraham Angle show on Fox about critics that claim the campaign is a “publicity stunt.”

“I’d say they’re full of crap,” Kolfage said. “This is the United States, and we can do anything we want. If people want to donate to that wall, they can do it.”

“This is America coming together,” Kolfage said. “They want the wall, and they’re putting their money where their mouth is.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ding-campaign/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 12-22-2018 at 01:56 AM.

GoFundMe campaign for Wall hits $15 million

A counter-fundraising campaign looks to buy "Ladders to get over Trump's wall."

December 23, 2018
    By Rick Moran

A GoFundMe fundraising campaign to fund the president's border wall has raised nearly $16 million in just 6 days. More than 250,000 Americans have donated to the cause. The goal is to raise a billion dollars toward construction of the wall.
    Meanwhile, a liberal transgender activist from Texas has started her own GoFundMe page, attempting to raise $100 million in order to purchase "Ladders to get over Trump's wall." That campaign is off to a slow start. Since Wednesday, the page has raised about $127,000.
    The page is the brainchild of triple amputee Brian Kolfage.
    Daily Mail:
    The campaign description says in part: 'It's time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT! It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.'
    On Wednesday Charlotte Clymer, a transgender woman and human rights activist from Texas, launched her own fundraising page in response, titled Ladders to Get Over Trump's Wall.
    It's description says: 'We saw some folks are raising money for a border wall to keep out our migrant siblings and fellow human beings, who are fleeing violence and persecution and whose tragically-underpaid labor is essential to the US economy.
    'Seems like a bad idea on countless levels for everyone involved. Maybe we should focus on human rights and creating a community that reflects our supposed values.
    'And even though at a rate of $1.7million daily, it would take their fund about 35 years to raise the $21.7billion that Trump's own Department of Homeland Security says would be needed to build said wall, we wanna make sure ladders are ready to send over to our undocumented friends and help them.'
    In just three days that page has raised more than $127,000 toward its $100million goal as of Saturday, with donations made by more than 5,000 people.
    Unfortunately, it appears that there will be no way for the money from the GoFundMe page to be used to fund a wall.
    CBSNews:
    Citizens can mail money as "gifts to the United States," according to the U.S. Treasury Department. But it's not clear whether the Department of Homeland Security can accept gifts. Kolfage of Miramar Beach, Florida, wrote that donors would get a refund if the fundraising goal isn't met.
    The page has brought attention to Kolfage, a triple amputee who was wounded in the Iraq War in 2004, and his social media history. "If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall," the page reads.
    Still, a quarter of a million Americans donating to fund a wall is an impressive demonstration of public support for a wall on our southern border. But that's all it is - a gesture, nothing more. It certainly isn't going to change the minds of Democrats on the Hill who have shut down the government rather than fund the wall, nor will it change the minds of those Republicans who think the wall is too expensive, and/or, wouldn't work.
    Trump will either be forced to compromise, or abandon funding for the wall altogether. There just isn't the kind of public support behind a wall that would force both Democrats and Republicans to accede to Trump's demands.
    The only question is will it happen sooner rather than later.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...5_million.html
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$16,272,698 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 267,316 people in 6 days

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Related:

Border Wall GoFundMe Founder Goes to Pelosi's Office to Collect $1.00

https://www.alipac.us/f13/border-wal...1-00-a-368567/

Update:

$19,594,422 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 325,855 people in 22 days

GoFundMe to refund the $20 million raised for the border wall

https://www.alipac.us/f12/gofundme-refund-%2420-million-raised-border-wall-368895/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast