Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two birds, one stone

After some serious thought, I have come up with a solution (not entire solution, but a damn good start) to our problem with illegal immigration in the U.S.

One of the most popular arguments in support of illegal immigration I hear is, "immigrants are willing to take jobs that no one else wants." That may be the case, but that does not mean illegal immigration is necessarily a good thing. All it means is that some businesses are able to turn a profit without increasing the rates they charge. That's great if your only concern in life is buying a house for $20,000 less than what it might cost if contractors were forced to charge more for having to pay more for legal work. However, costs like this may seem small in comparison if you are also concerned with the billions of dollars tax payers spend to support illegal immigrants each year, the security risk due to improperly regulated borders, and the downward spiral of our current standard of living.

So what about these jobs that so many current U.S. citizens do not want? Well, what about the tax dollars I do not want to spend to pay for these lazy Americans to sit on their butts and collect welfare checks? What about the money we do not want to give to the homeless people on the streets, but do so from the kindness of our hearts? Why is it that we have an unemployment rate of something like 5%, yet our jobs are being given to people who are living in our country illegally?

It is time for a real solution. I believe you may see where I am going with this idea. Laws should be passed and strictly enforced to see that employment agencies work together with our borders to provide a more productive U.S.A. Until we can say that every legal U.S. citizen who wants a job has a job, we should not be employing anyone else to do our work.

Once all of our unemployed citizens find jobs, we can then contract out to immigrants depending on the need. Immigrants coming in for work may apply for citizenship (no guarantee). When all of the jobs are filled, we then close our borders to all persons wishing to migrate for work. Why? Because there's no work here! Try the next country. Visitation should also be strictly regulated.

What about the 11 to 12 million illegal immigrants already here? That is a good question, and I do not have a real solution. Though I have my preferences, I do not have reasonable evidence to support my opinions at this time. However, I do feel strongly that our laws should be enforced fairly. If I am subject to being arrested for doing something illegal, everyone else who does something illegal should also be equally held accountable; this of course includes migrating to the U.S. illegally.

Thank you,

BTM

That's great if your only concern in life is buying a house for $20,000 less than what it might cost if contractors were forced to charge more for having to pay more for legal work.
    The prices of houses are the same as they were before the companies hired the illegals. The only difference is that the companies who hire these illegals are pocketing a bigger chunk of money with the cheap, illegal labor. It's not saving us one dime, just making the contracter richer and taking jobs from the legal American construction workers.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Welcome to ALIPAC BTM

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to the site friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rebellady1964
    That's great if your only concern in life is buying a house for $20,000 less than what it might cost if contractors were forced to charge more for having to pay more for legal work.
    The prices of houses are the same as they were before the companies hired the illegals. The only difference is that the companies who hire these illegals are pocketing a bigger chunk of money with the cheap, illegal labor. It's not saving us one dime, just making the contracter richer and taking jobs from the legal American construction workers.
    I believe you may be right. However, due to my education in business, I know a little bit about how things work in this area. Companies set goals to meet or exceed their profit margins for a certain quarter by the same quarter of the next year. I have not yet found a company that is willing to stop pocketing money in order to do the right thing. Instead they restructure their businesses; many times this includes cost cutting (layoffs, etc.).

It would be very nice to expect these companies to go back to days of lower profits for the sake of hiring legal workers. Unfortunately, it's simply not realistic. Costs will go up for the consumers. The stronger companies will survive, while the honest companies will work their way into extinction.

Welcome, badthingsman! And you are right, these companies don't want to do the right thing. It's all about the money
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Quote Originally Posted by rebellady1964
    That is so true. I said that before. The only thing cheap labor does for contractors and home builders is to cut down on production costs and the owners pocket the bigger profits gained from that cheap labor.

the problem is, too many of our 'leaders' don't understand poverty -- they probably spend more on a bottle of wine than most people do on groceries for a month. I went grocery shopping Sunday and started getting my hurricane supplies -- I spent $35.00 and didn't buy any meat! I got canned goods and dried beans -- I'll just have to buy a little as I go along with other things like batteries, candles, lamp oil, etc.

all my life I've heard the phrase, 'a rich man's war, a poor man's fight' -- but what I have seen is these elites is their willingness to sell out their country to corporate America and foreigners to save a few cents on a tomatoe or lettuce, while the poor people, the one's who fight the wars, aren't so willing to do the same.

the line has been drawn in the sand and the veil has been pierced --- there is a clear divide --Patriots or Traitors
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    the problem is, too many of our 'leaders' don't understand poverty
    I am not sure how understanding poverty has much to do with the issue. I think it would actually be more beneficial for more people to understand wealth. It is not and should not ever be the responsibility of the rich to financially support the poor. Why is it that some poor people bring themselves out of poverty while others continue as they are?

I believe that wealth begins in the mind and manifests in real life afterwards. I recently read an article talking about how Michael Jordan became such a successful person. He admitted that he struggled with hardships, such as debt, for quite a while. He was able to find success when he started setting smaller and more attainable goals for himself. By using each success as a stepping stone to greater success, he was able to climb his way to the top.

I am not a huge fan of basketball or sports in general for that matter. However, I happen to be a great fan of success stories. If you research, you will find out how some people will have a particular vision and many times follow this vision to a life of luxury. It's not always about being lucky or being the best at something. It is more about determination and the proper application of knowledge.

What we are seeing in the U.S. now is a very unified form of determination, but a serious lack of knowledge. If those in support of allowing illegal immigration had a clear understanding of the problems posed by its existence, they would certainly see the need for a reform. From the increasing debt to the population bomb, the mass immigration is causing a hardship upon the U.S. that is only increasing by the day. This hardship, if not interrupted, will of course lead to poverty for the middle class and everyone below them.

This is why I mentioned in my original post the "standard of living". From my observation, many immigrants (mainly Mexicans in my region) do not mind carrying on a low standard of living, which may be a step up from where they were in Mexico, yet several steps down from where we are in the U.S. It would only be a matter of time when states like California and Texas become more like a North Mexico due to the increased population of Mexicans insisting on living their traditionally lower standard lives. They will not mind paying more for houses because they will still have 3+ generations of family plus a few uncles, aunts, and cousins all living in the same house providing a higher combined income. If that becomes the norm, where will we be?

Our standard of living consists of the rich staying rich, while a few of the poorer individuals climb their way to the top along with the flow of the increasing economy. It is something we as Americans enjoy because we all share the dream of personal success that is both allowed and encouraged in a capitalist society. If the immigrants shared this vision, things might be slightly different. But from what I have seen, a great majority aim much lower and have little to no intention of increasing their wealth beyond basic survival.

Quote Originally Posted by badthingsman
    I am not sure how understanding poverty has much to do with the issue. I think it would actually be more beneficial for more people to understand wealth. It is not and should not ever be the responsibility of the rich to financially support the poor. Why is it that some poor people bring themselves out of poverty while others continue as they are?
    maybe I should have said they don't know the value of a dollar --- the point I was trying to make is the elite apparently have no problem selling out our country while the middle class and the poor won't. The elite want cheap labor to cut their lawns, wash their clothes and keep up the golf course . . . .

I myself have never been on welfare and don't think rich people are responsible for me -- 'the world doesn't owe me a living'
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast