Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks. I've passed the story along to people who might be able to reach a larger audience...

Seeing this makes me wonder, though - is there a way to get 10 million a year in government funds for ALIPAC?

You would think that ALIPAC should be eligable for government funding if an ethnocentric rasist organization is...since ALIPAC is neither. Perhaps if we put together an educational program on the problems and solutions to illegal immigration as an outreach program to adults, children, schools and communities, we'd be eligable. It would only be fair.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Our own Bill

A BILL
    To authorize appropriations for assistance for the MCDC-ALIPAC -Development Fund. (SECURE BORDERS FUNDING ACT 2007)
    Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
    SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
    This Act may be cited as the `Secure borders Funding Act of 2007'.
    SEC. 2. ASSISTANCE FOR MCDC-ALIPAC Development Fund.
    (a) Use- The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall, to the extent amounts are made available pursuant to subsection (b), make a grant to the MCDC-ALIPAC for the purpose of providing technical and financial assistance to local non-profit organizations to undertake community development, community patrols, additional border security enforcement agents, additional deportation judges, additional deportation facilities, and additional agents to enforce immigration laws particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic, French, German, Italian, Greek, African, Asian origin. Assistance provided by the Secretary under this section may be used by the MCDC-ALIPAC.
    to--
    (1) provide technical and financial assistance for site acquisition and development, construction financing, and short- and long-term financing for housing, community facilities, and economic development;
    (2) leverage capital from private entities, including private financial institutions, insurance companies, and private philanthropic organizations;
    (3) provide technical assistance, training, support, and advice to develop the management, financial, and administrative capabilities of housing development organizations serving low-income households, including Hispanic French, German, Italian, Greek, African, Asian origin households; and
    (4) conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary of MCDC-ALIPAC.
    (b) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated for grants under this section--
    (1) $125,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and
    (2) $100,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.

Ken

:P
    Ken Dreger

I like Ken's bill. It should be sent to Congress and a sponsor sought.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted this a few weeks ago and e-mailed and faxed my rep. Sali not sure where the bill is right now but it is not in S1348 Senate is not allowed to raise revenue in a bill they are suppose to make laws thats why if they make these illegals pay back taxes the house can blue card the bill and kill it!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    the house can blue card the bill and kill it!!
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Senator Sessions made mention of this (the last go 'round). I remember something about a "blue card" and didn't understand what that meant as I never heard it before. What does that mean, exactly?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by litus
    the house can blue card the bill and kill it!!
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Senator Sessions made mention of this (the last go 'round). I remember something about a "blue card" and didn't understand what that meant as I never heard it before. What does that mean, exactly?

thx
    I don't know if Sessions mentioned it but the Senate is not allowed to write bills that raise revenue, if they order the illegals to pay back taxes they are raising revenue (money) raising revenue is the job of the House of Represenatives, the Senates job is to write laws so they are overstepping their bounds and the House can do what they call blue card the bill which would kill it, they have done this before infact I believe they did it last year, and they have threatened to do it with this bill.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

if they order the illegals to pay back taxes they are raising revenue (money) raising revenue is the job of the House of Represenatives, the Senates job is to write laws so they are overstepping their bounds and the House can do what they call blue card the bill which would kill it, they have done this before in fact I believe they did it last year, and they have threatened to do it with this bill.
    Thanks for the explanation. It seems that's all these politicians like to do, "overstep their bounds."

Quote Originally Posted by litus
    if they order the illegals to pay back taxes they are raising revenue (money) raising revenue is the job of the House of Represenatives, the Senates job is to write laws so they are overstepping their bounds and the House can do what they call blue card the bill which would kill it, they have done this before in fact I believe they did it last year, and they have threatened to do it with this bill.
    Thanks for the explanation. It seems that's all these politicians like to do, "overstep their bounds."

Isn't that the truth!!

Yeah, and, quite frankly, I've had it with the lot of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast