Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

americangirl,
    Glad you had a good vacation. Sounds like you were able to get away, have a good time and recharge.
    I'm also glad you have been able to move to a better area. I, too, live in San Diego, but more the northern area, nice neighborhood. I've lived, in the past, in two different homes in Orange Co. that I felt were heading downhill. This is the first time I've felt like I live in a neighborhood that isn't going downhill, at least in my lifetime. Good luck with selling your home and again, I'm so glad you were able to move away from chickens.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

American_girl:

Hey, welcome back. Hope you had a good time - from a long-time local to the region (WA and OR).

Yes, life is generally good up in the upper-left quadrant of the country - well, so far at least. But things are changing here too. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. We have had a very rapid increase in illegals in the last 5-6 years or so. OR is now 7th highest in proportion of population being illegals. WA is a bit back, but gaining...

2. It is a magnet area for in-migration for citizens too. We have had spurts of growth throughout the last 30-40 years or so and growth has been a huge concern especially lately.

So, there are parallel increases in people moving in - both legals (citizens relocating) and illegals. Fortunately, the strong in movement of US citizens seems to be counteracting the 'invasion effect'; but, the price paid in terms of rapid growth is a real sore point and frustrations by long-timers is signficant for a lot of people.

Invasion or not, I, for one, am not going anywhere!

Re: British Columbia - yes, they have a lot of (legal, for sure, illegal - not so sure) immigration from Asia especially. This was especially true after Hong Kong fell into PRC governance in '97 and a lot of the more unsure (business people in particular) decided to take off than to stick around and find out how things would 'shake out'. They still get a mixed inflow though.

...Now, for everyone else reading... Nah, the NW it's ugly, crowded, expensive, people are rude, ah, heck - you wouldn't like it, really.... <g>
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I know what you mean. I get the same feeling in some parts of Europe. This week I'll be in Bavaria, and I won't once have a hankering for an enchilada.

Glad you had a nice vacation and are moving out of the infested neighborhood that was lost to illegals. Too bad we americans have to sell out houses and get out to avoid living with these animals in our own country
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12