Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: U.S. ambassador to Libya killed in attack on consulate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal View Post
    I think it's sad that a lame movie about their "prophet" gets lives lost - however the verbal and physical assaults against Christians happen every day, all over the world and the verbal abuse is especially rampant against Christians in this country.

Why? Oh I KNOW! Because NOTHING happens to them when they do and they are too big of a pu$$ to insult muslims!!!!! The non Christians can insult Christians with a piss soaked cross and call it "art" meanwhile a mere drawing deemed insulting of Mohammed gets rioting and loss of life.

Really makes me wonder why all the hatred towards Christians in this country....
    I've seen some smart people debate Muslims on the existence of God in the U.K. and the atheists in question did not look the least bit intimidated, in fact they came out winning the debate. Of course, if you put them or me in the middle of a devote religious country where violent radicals could easily reach me, I would not be so stupid as to insult the religion. That being said, I do not condone the disrespect of any religion, Christianity included, because it's tasteless and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Okay then so lets start another war then! We saw how oh so well that went in Iraq and now Afganistan. The Salafists and other religious extremists are threatened by the increasing atheists and secularist youth in the Middle East. These more social liberal youth do not want these religious nuts take their respective countries back to the stone age. So how about instead of starting wars that only hurt our reputation among the growing secular youth who are our only hope, lets find other ways to support this vital secular movement.

If either Obama or Romney call for another costly war, then this country is doomed. We cannot deal with any more of this crap esp. when we have our own issues here at home.
    Our problem was not starting the wars -- our problem was that we thought we had to do "nation building".

You can bomb a country back to the stone age when they attack you but you don't need to hang around and help them pick up the pieces. Let them do that on their own.

Once we toppled Saddam Hussein - we should have walked away and let Iraq sort itself out. In Afghanistan we were wrong to get involved in Nation Buidling. The problem is not starting the war but the fact that we keep hanging around to do "nation building" - forget Nation Building - Punish the country with bombs, missiles, drones whatever and then just leave it to them to pick up the pieces -- Not our job
    Last edited by judyweller; 09-12-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: additonal comment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by judyweller View Post
    Our problem was not starting the wars -- our problem was that we thought we had to do "nation building".

You can bomb a country back to the stone age when they attack you but you don't need to hang around and help them pick up the pieces. Let them do that on their own.

Once we toppled Saddam Hussein - we should have walked away and let Iraq sort itself out. In Afghanistan we were wrong to get involved in Nation Buidling. The problem is not starting the war but the fact that we keep hanging around to do "nation building" - forget Nation Building - Punish the country with bombs, missiles, drones whatever and then just leave it to them to pick up the pieces -- Not our job
    So you want to bomb an entire country including innocent people who had nothing to do with these ****ing religious nuts? Now I'm no Christian or Muslim, but would that be considered very Christian of a supposed majority Christian country to do? To kill innocent women and children? Now I know you didn't say we should commit indiscriminate killing of innocents, but when you say "Punish the country with bombs, missiles, drones whatever and then just leave" it makes me believe that's what you implied. Feel free to correct me though.

When Mitt Romney says a person of faith should lead this country, I think to myself: Really? Because they're the person most likely to not give a **** about other human beings or, ironically, the most likely to lack morals? Why exactly is it so vital that a President have faith?

This attack was more about the anniversary of 9/11 than a movie. There was an alert that US embassies would be attacked released on September 4, 2012 yet no additional security was implemented for our people there.

The musim brotherhood has been swept into power in Egypt and Lybia supplied many of the "fighters" to Iraq and Afganistan. These attacks have been pretty much exclusively perpetrated by muslim extremists for years going back to the Cole.

This is not about Romney or the "campaign" this is about our national security. This is about paying our enimies. This is entirely my opinion and it is a really FIRM opinion.

http://www.alipac.us/f19/report-liby...ssador-263833/

http://www.alipac.us/f19/obama-aids-...-boats-263738/
    Last edited by Newmexican; 09-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Congressman: Embassy attack in Libya was coordinated

Wednesday - 9/12/2012, 5:03pm ET

J.J. Green, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - Intelligence experts and U.S. government officials are starting to view the attack in Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Benghazi as a coordinated attack.

Congressman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., went as far Wednesday to say the attack had all the hallmarks of al-Qaida.

"This was a coordinated attack, more of a commando style event. It had both coordinated fire, direct fire, indirect fire," Rogers said following an intelligence briefing on Capitol Hill.

Other sources, including officials at the Pentagon and the State Department, are also discussing the possibility that it was a planned operation, and some say several developments support the possibility.
    The incident does not appear to be a random mob scene, but rather an opportunity that militants seized, sources say. The attackers used a rocket-propelled grenade, a weapon not traditionally carried by protesters, but commonly used by terrorists.

The attack is believed to have come in two waves. The first wave got inside of the compound, and a second wave penetrated a secure location inside the building. This development raises questions about how the attackers knew the location of that secure facility, sources say.
    On Sept. 11, al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri put out a video eulogizing Abu Yahya al-Libi, an Islamist terrorist and high-ranking al-Qaida member, who was killed in a drone attack in June. Sources have said they believe the Libyan incident might have been revenge for the death of al-Libi.

The embassy was housed in a local building that had been contracted temporarily. It was not an "Inman" compound, which is a building designed with certain security protocols, such as "standoff" distances between the public street and the actual facility.

Fred Burton, a former diplomatic security agent at the State Department, says it is the host country's responsibility to provide adequate security for all diplomats inside their country.

"One of the more problematic events that you can ever deal with is a large mob that overtakes a facility," Burton says. "You never see that in the U.S. simply because we have adequate police presence and can set up perimeters and keep rolling out the resources to counter that kind of event taking place."

Burton was one of the first diplomatic security agents to staff the diplomatic security service when it began. He was one of the first agents to go to Libya to investigate hijackings of planes and kidnappings of westerners in the early 1980s.

Burton says it is unclear where Stevens was killed.

"Was he killed coming back to the mission or was he trying to exit the mission? Was he trying to exit the safe house that's now into play? There are a lot of unknown factors here," he says.

"You may have had a situation that deteriorated so rapidly that a snap decision was made to load up the ambassador, and 'Let's get the hell out of dodge,' and they just vacated and ran into a situation where you had a perimeter set up and RPGs were fired into the limo as it was departing," he says. The president has ratcheted up security at embassies worldwide because of the incident.
    Congressman: Embassy attack in Libya was coordinated - WTOP.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Limbaugh Suggests Obama May Be Responsible for Libya Deaths — Find Out Why

(Source: rushlimbaugh.com)

During his radio show on Wednesday, Rush Limbaugh said “if we’re gonna accept this notion that hurt feelings inspire terrorism” then maybe President Obama’s constant “bragging” about killing Osama bin Laden led to the attacks on the U.S. embassy in Libya. The violent assault left a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans dead on Tuesday.

Limbaugh took a call from a listener who presented the following question: “If the Obama administration is so concerned about not hurting the feelings of these terrorists, then why are they constantly spiking the ball about killing bin Laden?”

“You know, that is a great question,” the host replied. “If we’re so concerned about hurting the feelings of Muslims, why is Obama bragging that he killed Osama so often. That’s a fascinating question. Yeah, in fact, their campaign slogan is ‘GM’s alive and Osama’s dead,’ or something like that. They’re ramming it down the throats of Islamists all over the world. In fact, in Egypt at the embassy yesterday, the protesters were all shouting, ‘We’re all Osamas, Obama. We’re all Osamas, Obama.’”
    He added that “if we’re gonna accept this notion that hurt feelings inspire terrorism, then maybe Obama is responsible for this, and ultimately maybe the blame falls to him.” Limbaugh appeared to be reacting to recent claims that the filmmaker of an anti-Muslim film is to blame for the attack, seemingly deflecting blame from the Islamists who are responsible for killing innocent Americans.
    Watch part one of the Rush segment via The Daily Rushbo:
    “You think they watched the Democrat convention? You think they saw ‘Plugs’ Biden up there going on and on about how Osama’s dead? This could be the Obama bounce. The media was looking for the Obama bounce, and we found it, the attack on our embassy in Cairo,” Limbaugh said, pausing before adding, “The real Obama bounce.”
    Later in the program he reiterated that if the U.S. embassy is going to apologize for “hurting people’s feelings” then Obama falls into the same category for his constant boasting about killing the al-Qaeda chief.
    “We’re all Osamas, Obama. There are millions of us, Obama. There are millions of Osamas, Obama. We’re all Osamas. And our embassy puts outs this whole thing about hurting people’s feelings, and that’s right. Obama’s spiking the football and ramming it down their throats every day about having killed their messiah, Osama Bin Laden,” Limbaugh concluded.

Here‘s part two of Limbaugh’s remarks:

“You know, that is a great question,” the host replied. “If we’re so concerned about hurting the feelings of Muslims, why is Obama bragging that he killed Osama so often. That’s a fascinating question. Yeah, in fact, their campaign slogan is ‘GM’s alive and Osama’s dead,’ or something like that. They’re ramming it down the throats of Islamists all over the world. In fact, in Egypt at the embassy yesterday, the protesters were all shouting, ‘We’re all Osamas, Obama. We’re all Osamas, Obama.’”
    Interesting point.

Banned
    I'm sure most moderate Muslims could give a rats ass about Osama. But in all honesty has Obama ever said he's concerned with hurting the feelings of religious extremist nuts? Actually, the better criticism would be the drone attacks Obama has carried in Yemen and Pakistan that have at times killed INNOCENT Muslims who had nothing to do with these a**holes. Oh, but don't expect that to come up in his commercials. Everyone hates Osama, so that's the feel good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    I've seen some smart people debate Muslims on the existence of God in the U.K. and the atheists in question did not look the least bit intimidated, in fact they came out winning the debate. Of course, if you put them or me in the middle of a devote religious country where violent radicals could easily reach me, I would not be so stupid as to insult the religion. That being said, I do not condone the disrespect of any religion, Christianity included, because it's tasteless and disrespectful.
    Googler - "Winning the debate" is well, up to debate also. It's a matter of perspective/opinion that can be never ending. I don't condone dissing any other's beliefs myself - but all the attacking I personally see in this country are by my own fellow Americans who are athiests. Not from others of different religions. Most of them are mean, nasty and seem to get off on making us "turn the other cheek" or at least getting in getting us angry. I've seen it my whole life, since I was a kid.

I just wish we we could:

A. Stay out of other country's biz- wax
    B. Live, let live, and leave each other alone.
    C. Respect that we, the human race, have to agree to disagree at times.
    D. Respect each other's borders and sovereignty.

The world would be a much better place. It's so simple, yet so hard for us humans to do for some reason. All the fighting wears me out. I feel old beyond my years and there is not end in sight. I have thought of running away more as an adult than I ever did as a kid. I can understand why some people just want to drop out and disappear.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One more thing to add to my list. I am sick of being told of the "peace loving muslims". If my Christian friends did anything like this, you can bet I'd be speaking out against it! I have yet to hear any number of muslims speaking out against the atrocities of what the radical sect is doing to us and other humans around the world.

My case in point - the full on double standard here. Although not confirmed in this mans case they DID do the same thing to Qaddafi so this may not be too far from the truth (Video at link):
    PICKET: UPDATE - Lebanon news rape report on murdered U.S. amb. in Libya remains unconfirmed by AFP

According to the Lebanese news organization Tayyar.org, citing AFP news sources, U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, who was killed by gunmen that stormed the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on Tuesday, was reportedly raped before being murdered. A google translation of the report says :

A news report made by the Libyan Free Press is also reporting that Ambassador Stevens was sodomized before he was killed:
    "Libya - USA Ambassador in Bengazi sodomized and killed by his own al-Qaeda puppets."

PICKET: UPDATE - Lebanon news rape report on murdered U.S. amb. in Libya remains unconfirmed by AFP - Washington Times
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast