Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

U.S. MARINE CONFRONTS DEM SENATOR OVER ‘UNSUSTAINABLE’ AND ‘UNACCEPTABLE’ POLICIES: ‘

POLITICS

U.S. MARINE CONFRONTS DEM SENATOR OVER ‘UNSUSTAINABLE’ AND ‘UNACCEPTABLE’ POLICIES: ‘LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY’

May. 6, 2013 4:31pm Jason Howerton

Members of the U.S. Marine Corps (Marines.com)

During a town hall meeting last week, a veteran of the United States Marine Corps went after Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) to get some answers regarding the future of the country and the “unacceptable” manner that Washington, D.C., is currently running it.

The Marine, identified as Shaun Adkins, said he was “concerned about the future of our country” and slammed politicians for “spending money at an alarming pace” and sticking with a system that is “unsustainable.”

“If it doesn’t get fixed, if somebody doesn’t do something to stop it, we will sink,” Adkins said. “That’s very troubling. We send billions of dollars a year to other countries, many of whom want to kill us, while we have kids in our own country going to bed hungry at night. That’s not acceptable. That’s totally unacceptable, OK?”

He went on [emphasis added]: “In the Marine Corps we had a saying: lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. That’s a common military saying. You know, we have one of the most anti-coal administrations in the history in the White House right now. And might I remind you, senator, you happened to help put him in office. Back in 2008 you called him your partner. OK? To this day I do not know any words from you that state anything different from that.”
    Manchin said he knew President Barack Obama back when he was a senator from Illinois and was able to “work with him” when he was governor of West Virginia.

“Soon as he became president, it shut down completely,” Manchin said, later adding that Obama may have “camouflaged” his anti-coal policies while serving in the U.S. Senate. “How can you be from Illinois and be a proponent of the coal industry in Illinois and then all of a sudden– I don’t know what changed. Maybe that was always his intent.”

Adkins said Obama “camouflaged a lot of things” before becoming president.

“I’ll be honest with you, I’m fed up with all of it. I’m fed up with the D’s and R’s. Because we don’t have anything anymore,” the Marine added. “You know, we have people ignoring our borders. We have drugs, guns and illegal aliens coming across our border like it’s an 8 lane super highway. OK? Like I mentioned, the anti-coal rhetoric from Washington is all in the name of global warming and climate change which is nothing but a hoax, OK?”

Adkins went on to say that the government is too busy “chasing unicorns and leprechauns while we have people that can’t put food on the table and pay their house payments and that’s unacceptable.”

When Manchin asked the Marine how he felt about 11 million illegal immigrants being in the United States, Adkins had this to say:

“If it were me, do you want – my opinions are a dime a dozen. But if it were me – I served my country. We have troops right now in over 118 different countries which is totally ridiculous. We do not need troops spread out like glorified boy scout troops all over the world like that…I’d bring most of them home. I would fix our border. I would put a fence up.“

Watch the entire exchange below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zUbjIrE2u7g

(H/T: Fox Nation)

Editor’s note: The quote common military quote, “lead, follow or get the hell out of the way,” has been updated after a veteran pointed out the mistake to TheBlaze in the original rush transcript.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ut-of-the-way/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

good for you .