Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. May Collect DNA From Illegals

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nation ... 2181.story

U.S. may collect DNA samples from illegal immigrants

By Julia Preston
    The New York Times
    Posted February 5 2007

The Justice Department is finishing rules to allow a vast expansion of DNA gathering that will include most people arrested or detained by federal authorities, a move that would affect hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants each year, officials said.

The new forensic DNA sampling was authorized by Congress in a little-noticed amendment to a January 2006 renewal of the Violence Against Women Act, which provides protections and assistance for victims of sexual crimes. The amendment permits DNA collecting from anyone under criminal arrest by federal authorities, and also from illegal immigrants detained by federal agents -- by far the largest group to be affected by the new law.

Over the last year, the Justice Department has been conducting an internal review and consulting with other agencies to prepare regulations to carry out the law.

The new law has strong support from victims' organizations and women's groups, who say it will help law enforcement identify sexual predators and detect dangerous criminals among illegal immigrants.

"Obviously, the bigger the DNA database, the better," said Lynn Parrish, the spokeswoman for Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, based in Washington. "If this had been implemented years ago, it could have prevented many crimes. Rapists are generalists. They don't just rape, they also murder."

Immigration lawyers said they did not learn of the measure when it passed last year and were dismayed by its sweeping scope.

"This has taken us by storm," said Deborah Notkin, a lawyer who was president in 2006 of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. "It's so broad, it's scary. It is a terrible thing to do because people are sometimes detained erroneously in the immigration system."

The goal, justice officials said, is to make the practice of DNA sampling as routine as fingerprinting for anyone detained by federal agents, including illegal immigrants.

Until now, federal authorities have taken DNA samples only from convicted felons.

While the proposed rules have not been finished, justice officials said they are certain to bring a huge new workload for the FBI laboratory that logs, analyzes and stores federal DNA samples. FBI officials said they anticipated an increase ranging from 250,000 to as many as 1 million samples a year.

The laboratory currently receives about 96,000 samples a year, said Robert Fram, chief of the agency's Scientific Analysis Section.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JZ

It amazes me how many child sexual predators are illegal aliens. I think it would be a good thing to collect DNA from all illegals. I think a lot of unsolved crimes would be solved!

The pro immigration people seem to thing that the illegal aliens have a PRIVILEGED LEGAL POSITION in the United States.

Americans need to start screaming and throwing a big fit now!
    “Bushbaby” Avatar: “Bushbabies” have Red Eyes, sharp spinney vicious teeth & long busy tails, ALL “Bushbabies” look alike.

I agree. It can also help with solving cold cases as well. I know after the Mariel boat lift from Cuba almost 2,000 of them were arrest and have now been released from jail. They made criminal registration and the police had started getting some DNA sample from them to clear cold cases as the homicide rate and violent rape rate increased after they came here. The only problem was finding them as they made criminal registration gave an address and never updated it once they moved. Many just vanished.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that this is necessary because we need a positive ID on these people. We certainly can't rely on their false documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I agree. It can also help with solving cold cases as well. I know after the Mariel boat lift from Cuba almost 2,000 of them were arrest and have now been released from jail. They made criminal registration and the police had started getting some DNA sample from them to clear cold cases as the homicide rate and violent rape rate increased after they came here. The only problem was finding them as they made criminal registration gave an address and never updated it once they moved. Many just vanished.

If the government kept track of illegal aliens as well as they keep track of us, a lot of the problems would be cured with illegal aliens. Is it any wonder why illegal aliens think they're above the law? They have the ACLU and La Raza rushing to their legal aid whether they're guilty or not.

All illegal aliens are guilty of illegally crossing the sovereign borders of the United States of America! Our Politicians and the President took an oath to protect our borders! It seems the American government is willing to trade American lives for cheap labor!

Here's a link to an interesting article about how many Americans are being killed by illegal aliens. Below the article are many other links to stories of the same nature.

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103

Welcome to Alipac Lawn!

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Welcome to Alipac Lawn!

Dixie
    Thanks Dixie,

I hope I can contribute and be an asset.

Thank You, again!