Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. REPS FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS

[Congressional Record: November 14, 2007 (House)]
    [Page H13866]
    From the Congressional Record Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
    [DOCID:cr14no07-106]

IMMIGRATION

(Mrs. NAPOLITANO asked and was given permission to address the House for 1 minute.)

Mrs. NAPOLITANO: Madam Speaker, since 1886 immigrants to the United States have passed the Statue of Liberty, which has inscribed, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.'' Why is it that now, when those huddled masses happen to be brown, the golden door of freedom is being slammed shut?
    Immigrants contribute to the economy. They are free thinkers. They
    are hard-driven workers who strive for success, not only for themselves
    and their community but for their families. They come to this country
    because America is a beacon of hope for them. They are looking for a
    better life, just like every immigrant since the Pilgrims landed at
    Plymouth Rock.
    So why do some amongst us feel it necessary to place every obstacle
    possible in their path, to launch bigoted assaults on them, to wrongly
    blame those who work the hardest at the worst jobs for the ills of all
    of our society?
    Immigrants are the history of the United States. They are our past,
    they are our present, and I must not rest until we recognize they are
    part of the future of this great country.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Congressional Record: November 15, 2007 (House)]
    [Page H13962]
    [DOCID:cr15no07-133]

IMMIGRATION

(Mr. BACA asked and was given permission to address the House for 1
    minute.)
    Mr. BACA. Mr. Speaker, we have heard a lot of hateful rhetoric
    surrounding the immigration debate on this floor. Some of my colleagues
    stand here and compare immigrants to terrorists and say that immigrants
    are lazy and are looking for a free ride, when in fact they have made
    many contributions to this country, positive contributions.
    Let me tell you about an honorable immigrant family from Rialto.
    Corporal Jorge Gonzalez was one of the first soldiers who made the
    ultimate sacrifice in Iraq, and I say in Iraq, for this country. The
    wife and infant son were left behind to apply for special permission
    just so that their United States flag could be draped over his coffin.
    Jorge was willing to die to protect this country, willing to die to
    protect this country; but since he was an immigrant, there are some in
    this body who would call him a criminal. Immigrants are not criminals.
    They are soldiers. They are our friends. They are our students. They
    are our doctors.
    It is time for Congress to recognize what is right. Stop this hateful
    rhetoric, stop the lies. Honor the sacrifices made by men like Jorge.
    Lord, help us understand and pass real immigration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Congressional Record: November 14, 2007 (House)]
    [Page H13864]
    [DOCID:cr14no07-91]

OUR IMMIGRATION POLICY

(Mr. GUTIERREZ asked and was given permission to address the House
    for 1 minute.)
    Mr. GUTIERREZ. Madam Speaker, more than 21,000 foreign-born men and
    women currently serve on active duty, willing to die in defense of our
    Nation. U.S. Navy Second Class Petty Officer Eduardo Gonzalez is one of
    these brave men, a naturalized U.S. citizen who has served two tours in
    the gulf region. Despite his valiant service, Eduardo Gonzalez faces
    the deportation of his wife Mildred. At age 5, she was brought here
    from Guatemala. Now, in addition to confronting enemies from abroad,
    Gonzalez must confront a threat at home, losing the wife and mother of
    their 2-year-old child.
    In his testimony before the Immigration Subcommittee, Gonzalez
    stated: As a citizen of the United States of America, it makes me
    wonder, if I can die for my country, then why am I not allowed to just
    be with my family?
    Like Petty Officer Gonzalez, immigrant soldiers fight with vigor and
    valor to protect the American Dream. All of those who serve, regardless
    of country of origin, are recognized as American heroes. As heroes,
    they deserve an immigration policy worthy of their sacrifices and
    nothing less.

Rec'd from FAIR in Legislative Update via email

To Napolitano I say, DO NOT INSULT OUR FORBEARS WHO CAME HERE LEGALLY, ASSIMILATED, AND HELPED AMERICA GROW, WITH THE CURRENT CROP OF ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT TEAR THIS COUNTRY DOWN.

To Baca and Gutierrez I say, these men are/were serving in the military TO GAIN CITIZENSHIP. And IF IN THE MILITARY, they WERE NOT HERE ILLEGALLY. We thank ALL who serve the country, DO NOT DIRTY THE SERVICE OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS BY LUMPING THEM IN WITH ILLEGAL ALIENS.

U.S. REPS FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS

ITS FOR SURE THEY ARE NOT FOR THEIR OWN CITIZENS. I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK AND THAT IS, SINCE WHEN DID THE U.S. MILITARY START LETTING ILLEGAL ALIENS JOIN OUR MILITARY FOR THE SOUL PURPOSE OF GAINING CITIZENSHIP? I ALWAYS THOUGHT IN ORDER TO ENLIST, ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE A LEGAL CITIZEN.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    blah blah blah When they were given amnesty is '86, the government said that's it. I realize the govt hasn't enforced the rules. But, we said no more and we mean NO MORE.

Mrs. NAPOLITANO:
    Mr. GUTIERREZ.
    Mr. BACA.

Poor huddled masses have always been brown and a part of our country. 2008 America is much different than 1886 America and we are no longer into nation building but nation survival. Those huddles masses were legal immigrants that did contribute the economy and did not take more than they gave. We can no longer afford the huddled masses that are coming in by the millions and are taking more than they are giving, even taking lives of Americans as well as economically taking. American citizens is paying the price of the new huddled masses. Mexico is more than capable of taking care of it people and we, the American people, assist them enormously. American cannot take care of it’s own tired, poor and huddled masses.

They take much more from the economy than they give. Beside being hard working they commit some of the most horrendous crimes against American imaginable. American can no long afford to be a beacon with the cost that have been attributed to illegal immigrants. There are many other countries that are much more in need of a better life than the people of Mexico who come mainly for the benefit this country has to offer. Mexico’s officials has admitted that illegal immigrants do not come here because there are no jobs for them in Mexico. It is illegal immigration that the American people are against and has nothing to do with race. The worst jobs and hardest jobs has always been done by Americans. Dirty and hard jobs is the trade mark of Americans. Only people who benefit from illegal cheap labor are businesses and our government at a cost to the American taxpayer.
    Legal immigrants, not uncontrolled massive illegal immigrants, are our history and our present. We are a nation of laws or we are not a nation at all.

Why is it pro-illegal immigrants fight so hard for illegal immigration when legal immigration is possible and they are following the rules. Legal law abiding immigrants who respect our immigration law are the people that we want to be a part of this country and not criminals who disrespect our laws. Illegal immigration has negatively affected every citizen of this country. Negatively affected every state and city in this country who is footing the bill for servicing massive influx of illegal immigration.

So, Mrs. Nepolitano, we live, compete for jobs, housing, emergency rooms and doctors, our children suffer in school because they are overcrowding by illegal and anchor babies , and we receive the brunt of the crimes in our neighborhoods. They are not all hard working but they are also criminal and the gangs have taken over neighborhoods with crime and drugs. We live the illegal immigration nightmare every single day. You do not. So do not tell us to accept something that is destroying us and our American dream.

The Statue of Liberty has served the purpose of this country and has served it well. We have no room to grow and to provide for massive influx of illegal immigrants. We have no natural resources to serve millions of new immigrants. We are living on top of each other, driving bumper to bumper, competing for parking spaces, running our of water and land to grow our food and much of our food and usable material is being imported. The population growth of uncontrolled immigration is draining and putting a strain on this country in all areas. Uncontrolled immigration is destroying this country.

You do not see the negative affect illegal immigration because it does not affect you. They do not live on top of you, share your parking space, compete for you jobs, crowd your children out of school, share you doctor, your emergency room and hospital room, pollute your neighborhoods with crime, gangs, drugs and graffiti, and remove you stereo from your car every night. You will not understand why America is so angry until you have lived in our shoes.
    All you see is cheap labor making business richer and maybe future votes for you or yours. So do not tell us we should accept them in our lives, when you are not willing to do the same.

We do not want the kind of people who have no respect for our laws to be a part of our military. It diminishes everything our military stands for. And just because some have served our country is no reason to let all of their ancestors have free access to of our country. We do not give that much to our own citizens of military subjects.

If they contribute so much to our economy, just think how much more they could contribute to Mexico is they stayed there and worked. But they would not be able to send back to Mexico billions of dollars. If they are here sending billion back to Mexico, Mexico would not have to provide billion of dollars of services to them that they are getting here at the expense of the taxpayers. They are taking more from this country than they are contributing.

Our founding fathers made decisions based on what this country needs were at that time, but this country is in a much different place today and the needs are much different. We have problems today that we did not have to deal with in the 1900s and many of them has to do with the increase in population. We want the country back that our forefather built. Real immigration is legal immigration
    They have taken our American dream away, but we will not allow you to let them take our children’s American dream away.

Re: U.S. REPS FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    ITS FOR SURE THEY ARE NOT FOR THEIR OWN CITIZENS. I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK AND THAT IS, SINCE WHEN DID THE U.S. MILITARY START LETTING ILLEGAL ALIENS JOIN OUR MILITARY FOR THE SOUL PURPOSE OF GAINING CITIZENSHIP? I ALWAYS THOUGHT IN ORDER TO ENLIST, ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE A LEGAL CITIZEN.

Serving this county in our military is not the requirements for citizenship.
    Illegal is illegal no matter how you dress it up.

These are a few of the "TRAITORS" who reside in our United States congress, they are no longer Americans, they are self serving political hacks who serve the ethnic special interest groups and do not have the guts or backbone to do what is best for their country!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They're most certainly NOT immigrants. They're illegal. Cut off their benefits and/or deport them. If they want to be immigrants, they can return to their own countries, apply and get in line.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LadyStClaire

Only LEGAL IMMIGRANTS may join our military. And it gives them a step up on gaining citizenship. As long as they are legal, if they are willing to serve, fight and possibly die, they have earned this help in gaining citizenship.

However, ILLEGAL ALIENS cannot join the military.

Illegal aliens should NOT be allowed to join ANY AMERICAN institution, PERIOD! Illegals are CRIMINALS, and the ONLY thing criminals deserve is PUNISHMENT! In the case of ILLEGALS, that means DEPORTATION!

I would never say there are no illegals in the military. Perhaps they are not supposed to be there - but I think they are.

They are everywhere in all manner of security positions - why would anything think there are none in the military.

I don't want them there - but I think there are.

Wasn't there a BP agent that was found to be an illegal and he had served in the Navy?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast