Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Set for a Crackdown on Illegal Hiring

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/08/washi ... ei=5087%0A

I saw this in the Salt Lake Tribune today. I went online to get the source of this article and of course the Salt Lake Tribune never published it on there online newspaper. What dogs they are. Here is the article. I found it on the New York Times edition.

We need to follow up on those that we know are hiring illegals. That would be of the number one offender. WALLY WORLD! HA!

This article is stating the businesses and corporations will put pressure on the congress.

U.S. Set for a Crackdown on Illegal Hiring
    Sign In to E-Mail or Save This Print Reprints Share
    DiggFacebookNewsvinePermalink

By JULIA PRESTON
    Published: August 8, 2007
    In a new effort to crack down on illegal immigrants, federal authorities are expected to announce tough rules this week that would require employers to fire workers who use false Social Security numbers.

Officials said the rules would be backed up by stepped-up raids on workplaces across the country that employ illegal immigrants.

After first proposing the rules last year, Department of Homeland Security officials said they held off finishing them to await the outcome of the debate in Congress over a sweeping immigration bill. That measure, which was supported by President Bush, died in the Senate in June.

Now administration officials are signaling that they intend to clamp down on employers of illegal immigrants even without a new immigration law to offer legal status to millions of illegal immigrants already in the workforce.

The approach is expected to play well with conservatives who have long demanded that the administration do more to enforce existing immigration laws, but it could also lead to renewed pressure from businesses on Congress to provide legal status for an estimated six million unauthorized immigrant workers.

“We are tough and we are going to be even tougher,â€
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Their is a similar article in the Sun-Sentinel and Miami Herald. In the Miami Herald they say it discriminates against Hispanics because of their names and many have similar ones. Well then what about people that are non Hispanics with the same situation?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got the paper this morning and was really happy to see something similar:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 2298.story

That story also mentions employees already being fired because of this, but they are suing for unpaid overtime and other abuses.

Isn't it amazing that this will "discriminate against Hispanics." Pray-tell why would that be? OH maybe they have forged documents.

"But Mr. Chishti said that illegal immigrant workers might not leave the labor force but would apply for jobs at other businesses using the same invalid documents. He predicted the market for forged documents would grow." OH they aren't law breakers they are just good people wanting to work. So let's just forget it because it might create even more work. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Every time they try to make a case, they put another nail in the coffin of their argument. They always prove our points.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“We are tough and we are going to be even tougher,â€

There is some good news and that is there are less construction jobs for them as the housing market is in a slump. The big builders that pre sold are still building and the owner of Turnberry in Miami claimed that without illegals they won't be able to do business. He mentioned construction and hotel jobs. There are many Americans who would do construction work but not for slave wages and same goes for hotel jobs. My friend who did a good job and had the highest satisfaction rate as assessed by hotel guests got fired and replaced by an illegal. These greedy people should tell the truth. Also as I have mentioned in the past it is not Americans who don't want the jobs but rather are forced out of them. It is very difficult to work with people who refuse to speak English and causes a great amount of frustration with English speakers who end up leaving those jobs.

I have some work to do I have very good reason to believe that 2 places of business and one company have lots of illegal I immigrants working there I would like step my step instructions on how to report them and get action Thank you Hillsboro Texas 76645

I am working so please PM me Thanks

I would like the same information. I will drive around looking for them. It is true. Construction is way down. We have lost one house on my street and they worked construction. They moved out. They leave in the middle of the night. How can you not see that many people move. I swear they are sneaky Houdini's.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>