Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AmericanElizabeth,

So true. My husband picked peas in Pennsylvania to pay for college.

A report out of UC Davis Ag school found that there were enough Americans ready, willing and able to do field labor. but wages would have to go up.

The whole, Americans won't do the jobs is nonsense
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    AmericanElizabeth,

So true. My husband picked peas in Pennsylvania to pay for college.

A report out of UC Davis Ag school found that there were enough Americans ready, willing and able to do field labor. but wages would have to go up.

The whole, Americans won't do the jobs is nonsense
    I picked strawberries when I was in high school. They used to advertise those jobs at the high school, colleges and universities.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    We never did mind doing it. Right after school let out, it was strawberry season, then along came raspberries, then blackberries, marionberries and blueberries.

Then there was also the constant need for kids to do odd jobs for people in their yards and what-not. I have seen plenty of kids who could use a job to keep their troubled little backends out of the laws way, especially in summer. You have a hard worked kid, he/she will not want to go out messing around with their buddies late if they are tired enough from working. My own enjoys his quiet down time, 16, starting classes at a local community college, and working part-time, he is tired, it keeps him in check (along with us too).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No question about it, illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

They are displacing our young people, who need these entry level jobs to learn a work ethic, and start them on their way.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

My very first car I bought in 1977, a 1947, yes, a 1947 Chevy Bellaire, I worked all summer mowing lawns for 50cents to 2 dollars a yard. The cheap price was just to mow it, the higher price was sweeping the sidewalk, and running the hand edger around the sidewalks and driveway. I took the money over to he neighbor, and he gave me the keys, since I only had to go around the block, Dad let me bring it home in first gear. That's the car I learned how shift without using the clutch like a trucker. Since then the only time I use the clutch, is to start in 1st or reverse. After that, though, once I get going forward I upshift, and downshift the old fashioned way, and my clutches last 10 to 15 years before having to replace them. And that's even pulling my boat to go fishing.

MW
    Bettybb wrote:

No question about it, illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

They are displacing our young people, who need these entry level jobs to learn a work ethic, and start them on their way.
    Before going away for college, I picked pecans, shoveled cow manure out of trailers, bailed hay, and cut neighborhood lawns for pocket money.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They don't want our teens working the fields but yet many illegals take their kids to pick produce with them in the summer. Some of those kids are elementary and middleschool age. They are also notorious for not having their teens go to school and have them work. The poor kids get a few dollars and the parents use the rest to help pay bills and send more back home. The condo company we has almost all employees who are here illegally. My daughter and I called ICE to report not just that they were illegals but minors who should be in school were working in the complex. There was a teen who was 14 or 15 who was picking up garbage from an overflowing dumpster with his bare hands and it wasn't even all bagged. This is a big safety hazard.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123