Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UFW urges action against anti-MEChA bill

The pro-Reconquista groups are scared about this bill.

Help fight Ariz. bill to ban ethnic student groups like MEChA, Black Business Students Assoc.

Multiculturalism is a basic American concept. We value the beliefs, traditions, customs, arts, history and folklore of the diverse cultures reflected throughout our nation. All this is being put at risk in Arizona, where last week the Appropriations Committee passed an amendment to a routine homeland security bill, SB 1108 that would prohibit students at the state’s public universities and community colleges from organizing groups based on race (ie: groups such as MEChA, the Black Business Students Association, Native Americans United, etc.)

Please take action today. This bill could reach the Arizona House floor as early as this week.

According to newspaper reports, Rep. John Kavanagh, (R-Scottsdale), a supporter of the measure called these campus organizations, "'self-defeating' and 'self-destructive' for students."

Self-defeating? Multiculturalism doesn't limit students. It gives them pride in who they are and enhances their being fuller people by fostering the concept of America being the land of opportunity. As Cesar Chavez said, "Preservation of one's culture doesn’t mean contempt for others'."

These student groups are like any other school club or fraternity. They bring students together so they can achieve academic success. They offer a place to meet, make friends and support one another. Their goal is to help students succeed. For example, the members of the University of Arizona's MEChA chapter visit high schools to encourage students to attend college. They hold events and fundraisers to spread the message that education is the key to success.

The bill goes one step further. It also would ban public schools or colleges from including race-based classes or school sponsored activities. Officially the language says it would ban any activity "deemed contradictory to the values of American democracy or Western civilization." However, the language is so broad, who knows what could be prohibited? Certainly Chicano studies, African-American studies & other ethnic studies programs would be put at risk.

Studies show that students who learn about their race and culture have a lower drop-out rate. In truth, if this bill passes it could cause a huge set back in our educational system.

Please take immediate action. If you live in Arizona, e-mail your representatives immediately as well as the Speaker of the House. If you live outside Arizona, please e-mail the Arizona Speaker of the House today and let him know the eyes of the nation are on Arizona.

Oh so not one of you would have a problem with my demanding Caucasian Studies at my college?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Exactly. Try to set up the Congressional White Caucus in Washington and see what happens.

Our struggle at the hand of the oppressor, our civil rights are being trampled upon. We are being discirminated against. White American Males Unite! Let's march and reclaim Aryana, our homeland!

WOULDN'T THAT BE RIDICULOUS?

Alamb, liked your though...very clever and maybe a little true?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

All they are doing is cuttng off university funding of the Mecha etc as a student campus activity. Nothing prevents the same students from raising funds on their own and doing their activities off campus.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Uhhh, I just noticed. Why would UFW care about what's going on at colleges, it's not like they're hiring college students now is it?

Richard is right, they can still have their little clubs, just not with taxpayer funding.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

The Arizona State University's MECHA is offline under new construction.

I am sure they are cleaning up their site. When I first started investigating (for my own benefit) sites concerning MECHA, ATZLAN, LaRaza, etc. I have noticed anytime attention is focused on them they go in and clean up their sites. They remove all the racist's and hateful items and rephrase everything.

last week the Appropriations Committee passed an amendment to a routine homeland security bill, SB 1108 that would prohibit students at the state’s public universities and community colleges from organizing groups based on race (ie: groups such as MEChA, the Black Business Students Association, Native Americans United, etc.)

GREAT IDEA! Lets stop the divisiveness.

How would people react if a campus formed "the WHITE BUSINESS STUDENTS ASSOCIATION" or the CAUCASIAN MOVEMENT OF AMERICA". I dont think it would go over to well.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Studies show that students who learn about their race and culture have a lower drop-out rate
    "STUDIES SHOW".....the words used to "prove" any point that cannot otherwise be proven with facts or data.

Mecha is no better than the KKK, and how they got so involved in our schools is beyond me....
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast