Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Undocumented Americans?

Is this the new name for illegal aliens now? Just now on Lou Dobbs, Kitty was talking to some guy about how many people in this country were actually uninsured. The guy called the illegals "undocumented Americans." I didn't get his name so we'll have to get the transcript and see who this jerk is.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    No Such Animal Exists

it's like a Yeti .... it just ain't there

an Illegal Alien is an Illegal Alien and is NOT an American ... I don't care how much the DC Politicians say they are
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard that too tinybob. That was a new high in political correctness. Ridiculous. In other words, being an American means nothing more than "anyone from anywhere in the world who can illegally sneak over the US border" is now an "American", they're just an "undocumented American".

I want to believe if Lou Dobbs had been there, he would have confronted that loser, regardless of the PC powers at CNN trying to keep him muzzled. Kitty Pilgrim is worthless, I knew I should have turned the channel as soon as I saw she was hosting.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

The opposition thinks they can keep changing their names until the Americans don't know the legal difference between a citizen and a wannabe. The illegals are already treated better than Americans by this government.

Video: Harry Reid said what?; “12 million undocumented Americansâ€
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Harry better watch his mouth because he has a contender for his seat who just might kick his butt next year.

Here's the transcript of the Lou Dobbs Show yesterday with Kitty Pilgrim where this dude calls illegals undocumented Americans.

Meanwhile, in this country, President Obama continues to defend his health care plan, despite rising opposition. Among Obama's key selling points, those 47 million Americans that he says have no insurance. But, is that number accurate? Well, that is the subject of our "Face Off," tonight.

Igor Volsky with the Center for American Progress says the 47 million number may actually be too low. And Sally Pipes, the CEO of Pacific Research Institute meanwhile says citing the 47 million number is just a way for people to force their message.

So, thank you both for joining us. And let's get into it. Igor, I would like to actually start with you. Let's talk about the insurance numbers first. Break down this 47 million for us, and tell us what you believe is accurate.

IGOR VOLSKY, CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS: Well, I think 47 million, of course, the official census number is about 45.7 million, and that number is really too low because of the economic recession. We know that about 14,000 Americans lose health insurance every single day in if this economic environment, so that means that about between the August recess and Labor Day when Congress comes back, about half a million Americans would have lost their health care coverage. And 47 million, of course, is the number that includes young Americans, old Americans, and includes some undocumented Americans. It's in some ways a fluid number, but I think it's only one indicator of our very broken health care system.

PILGRIM: Let's take -- let's break out the numbers a little bit, and we do have a graphic to do that -- because it's very interesting where this number is. We have -- we have -- it's a census -- U.S. Census Bureau that said, what, 46 million apparently, or approximately 46 million have no health insurance, 15 percent of the population. But then when you really look at it, it's 10 to 25 million illegal immigrants are included. We have 14 million who are eligible for insurance, but have not signed up. We have 10 million who choose not to buy insurance and then 13 million, some say, are the true number of the uninsured. Sally, what do you think about...

VOLSKY: You know, Kit...

Well,-- let me just turn to Sally, Igor, for a second and get her thoughts on that -- Sally.

SALLY PIPES, PACIFIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE: Well, just because you don't have health insurance in this country doesn't mean that you don't get health care. But when you break down, as you have with the Census Bureau, there really -- you know, eight to 10 million Americans who are chronically ill without health insurance for two years or more.

But, I think it's interesting of that number, you know, about 14 million are people who are eligible for Medicaid and state children's health insurance and haven't signed up. And I think it's because a lot of people don't want to sign up with Medicaid, because they fear that they will have to, you know -- they'll have a hard time getting a doctor, because docs don't like the low reimbursement rates from government programs.

But, there are about 17 million Americans who are earning over $50,000 a year, and, you know, three quarters of them -- two-thirds of them are young people who are between 18 and 34, and because of the mandates on insurance companies, these invincible, the people who don't have a lot of assets, who don't -- probably won't get sick, they don't want to buy insurance, they think it's a bad deal.

So, that's a major fact that these people -- if we could reduce state mandates, we would have a lot more of these young people going into the insurance market, and into the individual market and getting insurance. But, the number -- are we going to throw out our health care system for the eight million who are chronically ill and without insurance for two years or more? Those are the people we have to care for.

PILGRIM: Igor, go ahead.

VOLSKY: Well, Kitty, Sally is talking about the individual health care market. We know from a common wealth study that about 12.6 million Americans were denied coverage in the individual markets, an inadequate solution. But, I don't want to get lost in these statistics. I think the reason why most Americans are uninsured is because health insurance is just too expensive. Premiums alone have increased by about 119 percent over the last 10 years. And 80 percent of that 47 million uninsured are a working class Americans, with a member of the family who has a full-time job. Americans can't afford health care coverage.

And I think in terms of Medicaid, Sally makes a good point, and states makes it easier for people to sign up for Medicaid. But I think it's again important to note that the number of insured, that 47 million, is just one sliver of the problem. We also have 25 million Americans with insurance, but they find their insurance inadequate, not enough to afford their health care bills. And, of course, we know that about 63 percent of Americans have filed for bankruptcy have medical bills as a factor that contributes to the reason for the -- the reason why they went into bankruptcy in the first place.

PILGRIM: Let me throw out -- I'm sorry, but let me throw out a question. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, it's called EMTALA, that actually requires that everyone gets emergency treatment if they go to a hospital. How does that factor into this whole debate, because really, everyone can get treated if they're in an emergency situation. Just -- how does that skew this debate? Let me turn to Sally for a second.

PIPES: Yes. EMTALA is a law that Pete Stark from California brought in, and it's true, no one can be denied health care in this country. They can turn up at an emergency room, a community hospital or a community clinic. You know, it's interesting a lot of people use emergency rooms and pay out of pocket. But when politicians start talking about the hidden tax that the uninsured are causing people with private insurance to pay a lot more, in fact, the uninsured only add about one percent to the cost of premiums from those people who have insurance. It's the Medicare and Medicaid low reimbursement rates that add 10 percent to the cost of those people who have insurance. So, it's a very important point. Government programs are not reimbursing.

PILGRIM: Igor?

VOLSKY: Well, I think that, you know -- I don't understand -- I don't know where Sally got her statistics for 10 percent. We know that the cost shift that each family pays in their premiums is about $1,100. It's not adequate, the emergency room, for Americans who don't have insurance. You don't to condition to get to a point where it requires emergency care.

If Americans have access to preventative care, they can treat a condition before it becomes a dire condition, before you need to go to an emergency room. I think we're all very proud to live in a country that treats Americans in an emergency room setting. Now we take that next step and treat Americans before the condition becomes so fatal that you need to go into an emergency room.

We can save money by preventing chronic conditions that we're not spending 80 percent of our health care dollars treating very expensive conditions like cancer. Let's prevent them and save this country, and improve Americans -- the health care of Americans.

PILGRIM: Sally, we have to make it quick.

PIPES: Yeah, 82 percent of Americans like the health care they have. We have a problem, because 64 percent of Americans get their health care through their employer. If you lose your job, you lose your insurance. We need portable health insurance. And one point on preventative care. The CBO has said that preventative care is not going to reduce the cost of health care. It's going to increase it. So I think Americans need universal choice in health care...

(CROSSTALK)

VOLSKY: Well, the CBO doesn't support savings in a health care system, Sally, you know that.

PILGRIM: All right. We really have to hold it there.

(CROSSTALK)

PILGRIM: OK, I'm sorry, we do have...

PIPES: Universal choice leads to universal coverage. Thank you.

PILGRIM: All right, thanks so much, Sally Pipes and Igor Volsky, thank you. .

April
    UNREAL!!! The brainwashing continues, they think if they say it enough we will agree with them!!! CNN is a propaganda channel!

well aint that just a full of beans, and Jabba the hut wants to be a illegal American
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Harry better watch his mouth because he has a contender for his seat who just might kick his butt next year.
    Harry Reid is toast!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast