Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unemployment claims rise again

Roosevelt Moore
    Tampa Republican Examiner
    December 30, 2011

Am I the only one that bristles every time this headline pops up? Do you ever stop and wonder how this affects your wallet? I have and I don't like the answer! There are quite a few things to consider when you start talking about unemployment. The most important, I feel, is why are there so many people unemployed? I think the simple answer is that there is a bottle neck at the White House and the administration's policies.

Before you come and burn my house down, think about this: You have business owners who want to hire people since that is about the only way they can expand and make money. You have people who want to go to work and make money because they are addicted to things like eating and indoor plumbing. Why can't the two groups come together and satisfy each others' needs? I contend that the policies being implemented at the federal level are forcing the two groups to remain separated. When you constantly raise the cost of doing business, people are less likely to hire new people. When you constantly take money from those who do work and pay others NOT TO WORK, the latter group tends to grow more rapidly than the former.

I believe that Governor Rick Scott of Florida has also picked up on this trend. According to a Department of Numbers report, which can be found at www.deptofnumbers.com, the unemployment rate for Florida was 11.9% in November of 2010. That number now stands at 10%. Whether you like Governor Scott or not is entirely up to you but the unemployment numbers are going in the right direction.

There are others who have noticed the upward climb in the number of people unemployed. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida stated recently in a speech on the Senate floor "We don't need more taxes, we need more tax payers" I wholeheartedly agree with the Senator. Illegal immigration affects the whole country but, for the sake of this article, let's just think about what this statement means to the residents of Florida. We are paying illegals to do what we call menial tasks (Picking fruit, mowing lawns, etc.). Of course, this now includes skilled labor (Concrete finishers, machine operators, etc). Most of the money that we pay them gets sent to their families out of the country. There are no taxes paid to our government and, therefore, no stimulus for the Florida economy. We are then paying American citizens to NOT DO THE WORK we pay the illegals to do. We, the taxpayers, take a double hit every time! Counting the money paid to illegals, the money paid to non workers, the unpaid taxes and the lost stimulus activity when that money is shipped out of the country, I believe we would be better off financially if we deported the illegals and put the able bodied non workers in those jobs. Do you believe that you would see the headline Unemployment Claims Rise Again if we implemented these actions?

Continue reading on Examiner.com Unemployment claims rise again - Tampa Bay Republican | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/republican-i...#ixzz1i3rYrpAS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Christmas is over, and so are those few jobs that help put the unemployment rate at 8.7%, now it's back to 9.1% I have a feeling we're in for one wild ride!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn