Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unfurl the Stars and Stripes

Unfurl the Stars and Stripes
    Arthur McCoy/For the Tracy Press
    Thursday, 15 March 2007
    Letter from Arthur McCoy

As I drove to my company in rural Tracy, my eye caught a glimpse of a glaring image that required a double take. In the front yard of a modest ranch home sprouted a flagpole that had on display not a U.S. flag fluttering proud and strong in the wind, but rather a garish red, white and green Mexican flag. I was simultaneously saddened and angered that our Stars and Stripes were nowhere to be found. It is hard to fathom that the residents unintentionally overlooked this.

As an American who has lived and worked overseas, I have always been proud of my roots, but I would never have dreamed of disrespecting my host country with such an offensive and deliberate message. Perhaps the difference in mentality and sensitivity stems from the process that allowed me to earn the right to work and live in those countries. Despite this being pre-9/11, I had to first go through a six-month review process for the privilege to live and work there, which included many factors such as retaining at least an Associate in Arts degree. Thanks to my local alma maters, San Joaquin Delta College and the University of the Pacific, I exceeded this qualification. Looking back, I understand that my host countries were trying to avoid the very situation we face on our own soil.

The surge of illegal immigrants (notice the term “undocumented workers” is not used) in California should cause concern for all Americans, including all legal immigrants. This is not a political or racial issue, but one of ethics and survival. I do not know any hardworking Democrat or Republican, regardless of financial status, who approves of illegal immigrants taking advantage of and exploiting our social services and economy. There is, however, one small sect of Americans that thrive and welcome this pillaging: the gluttonous business owners who illegally hire these people for jobs that deserving legal citizens could perform just as well, if not better. Is it not bad enough that Americans lose jobs to a cheap, and often inhumane, overseas labor force, but their jobs are pilfered on their own soil, too

Why have these crimes gone unpunished Why aren’t all Americans speaking out Illegal immigrants are a threat to all citizens regardless of ancestral heritage. I am certain that if I (a legal U.S. citizen) decided not to pay income taxes this year, the Internal Revenue Service would aggressively encourage me to do so or I would face severe financial and legal consequences.

Consequences Perhaps that is what is lacking here. If we ignore all the issues associated with illegal immigrants, should we be surprised to read the following facts

40 percent of all workers in Los Angeles County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying payroll or income taxes.

95 percent of the warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal immigrants.

75 percent of the people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal immigrants.

More than 67 percent of all births in Los Angeles County are to Mexicans here illegally and whose Medi-Cal births were paid for by taxpayers.

Nearly 25 percent of all inmates in California are Mexican nationals here illegally.

The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal immigrants.

Nearly 60 percent of all occupants of Housing and Urban Development homes are illegal.

Without change, these uninvited guests will continue to raid and plunder our country, not unlike ants at a picnic. Our political leaders cannot waver on this issue. The punishment must fit the crime. To ensure our national security and diminish the drain on our economy and education system, we need to scrutinize and enforce our immigration policies. If an immigrant is unable to meet the legal criteria set forth for all foreigners crossing our borders, they should not be permitted to pollute our rich and diverse society.

Chances are the inhabitants flying that Mexican flag are good people. However, whether they are guests or legal, tax-paying residents in our country, we need to inform them that they are slapping the face of every American who drives by. They are also dishonoring the brave men and women who are sacrificing their lives to protect this county. I wonder how our founding fathers would have responded if a colonist, new to this country, decided to display a Union Jack without the presence of our Stars and Stripes

Arthur McCoy, a native of Lodi, is senior vice president of San-I-Pak Inc. He and his wife, Kaci, and son, Trellin, reside in Stockton.
    http://tracypress.com/content/view/8287/2/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to the new america. Its quite common to see these flags in garages and on flag poles in the San Fernando valley. Great to know they are proud of their country. Too bad americans arent as proud.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

It is illegal to fly any foreign flag, without Old Glory, flying above it, I would have notified the proper authorities about this! Hum, just who iarethe proper aughorities to notify in this case, maybe if you had knocked on their door to let them know this was wrong and illegal to boot you would have found out just how good these people really are.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Oh it is sadly common place to see car dealerships here in central California with Mexican flags flying next to (not below) the American flag.
    They use them as decoration. along with the red, green and white balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Oh it is sadly common place to see car dealerships here in central California with Mexican flags flying next to (not below) the American flag.
    They use them as decoration. along with the red, green and white balloons.
    I can vouch for this!!!!

They should be burned!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Yeah, there are plenty who burn Old Glory. Lets see how they like it.

If everyone went into the dealerships etc and compliained, wrote to whoever you'd write to about this. Maybe governor whats his name. Though it might be ignored at least an American voice would be heard. Sorry it just make me soooooo angry I'm ranting. I didn't have relatives die in wars for America to have some Mexican flag flow on U.S. soil. I wonder how our men and women in the military feel when the see this treason!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    I wonder how our men and women in the military feel when the see this treason!!
    Let one tell you.
    I am a vet. My husband is a retired vet.
    It makes us sick. period.

I have two neighbors who served in the Armed forces and are from Irish decent.

They are twins and both men have flag poles on their lawns. They fly the American flag all year long. On St. Patrick's Day they put an Irish Flag on the pole BELOW the American flag.

If you are going to fly a foreign flag at all, it should be done this way. American flag and then the other flag below.

I don't think any other country would appreciate flying only a foreign flag on their lawn or place of business.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast