Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Unions and the Illegal Alien Invasion

The Unions and the Illegal Alien Invasion
    Carolyn Hileman - The Voice* | January 20, 2009 | ShareThis

Filed Under The Voice
    Similar posts:
    »Pro-Illegal Immigration NAZIs On The March
    »Illegal Aliens Keep Unemployment Up!
    »FIGHT BACK: Contact your Senator about SCHIP

Suggested Reading
    Godless: The Church…
    Ann Coulter (Pa…

Conservative Come…
    Gregg Jackson …

12345>

Privacy
    The other day, I had a very enlightening conversation with a former organizer for the Laborers International Union Of North America. He wrote out a letter to describe the current situation in the unions from an “insider’sâ€

Instead of demanding that contractors use legal American workers, they thought it easier to just organize the illegal alen workers which started us down a slippery slope. The courts made the decision that organizing these workers was legal, but here’s the rub: while that is legal [I don't agree with it though], sending out illegal aliens from a hiring hall is another matter. My union card has my social security number on it. What about yours? Whose number are the illegal aliens using?
    CRIMINALS OF AIDING AND ABETTING ARE TRAITORS AMONG US.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This has been a divisive issue within many unions. I don't think very many union members would actually support organizing illegal aliens EXCEPT for this one fact: They believe that the latest generation of American youth have a universal disdain for manual work. And this seems to be validated by so many of the elements of Obamamania Movement: College is touted as the panacea for upward mobility---of realizing a dream of being SOMEBODY. No wonder we have a term like the DREAM Act!

But this is simply an unworkable formula; it makes too many Chiefs, and not enough Indians. So their solution of course is to import more bottom rung initiates into American society.

Unions need to inculcate an honorable view of skilled trades--and stop being browbeat by the burgeoning intellectual elite and its unrealistic vision of America's future.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    This has been a divisive issue within many unions. I don't think very many union members would actually support organizing illegal aliens EXCEPT for this one fact: They believe that the latest generation of American youth have a universal disdain for manual work. And this seems to be validated by so many of the elements of Obamamania Movement: College is touted as the panacea for upward mobility---of realizing a dream of being SOMEBODY. No wonder we have a term like the DREAM Act!

But this is simply an unworkable formula; it makes too many Chiefs, and not enough Indians. So their solution of course is to import more bottom rung initiates into American society.

Unions need to inculcate an honorable view of skilled trades--and stop being browbeat by the burgeoning intellectual elite and its unrealistic vision of America's future.
    I live in a huuuuuge blue collar area and there are plenty of young Americans who would like to have these jobs. Both my boys and all their friends are blue collar workers. I have no idea where people get the idea that young men and women don't want these jobs. Just because the media and some of our politicians say it's so doesn't make it true.

There are indeed many young people who aren't afraid of manual work. Too bad all the illegals have those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara
    There are indeed many young people who aren't afraid of manual work. Too bad all the illegals have those jobs.
    Welcome, Kiara! My sons and their friends are the reason I fight. I will not watch my sons lose their jobs to these third world invaders who have no right to be in my nation and certainly no right to force my sons to work for third world wages. I know many of their friends, fine young men and women, all of them. Because they do blue collar work doesn't make them less worthy of living in the beautiful nation, free and proud, that their ancestors helped build.

The illegals don't have all those jobs yet. Americans here where I live do all, each and every, kind of job they keep telling us we won't do. I go to drive-thrus for fast food, and an American takes my order. The men who mow my lawn are Americans. The other lawn across the street from me gets mowed by Americans. The man who remodeled my kitchen was an American. The women here who clean houses are American,most of them single moms trying to feed their children. The young men who built my patio last year and the one I had built the year before by a different company were all Americans. The waiters and waitresses, all American. Construction crews...again, all American. That stuff they try to tell us we won't do....is all done by Americans where we haven't been invaded and underbid.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron

Skilled trades used to be very respected. That changed when illegals started taking those jobs for very low pay and no benefits. Now the jobs pay so low that it is no longer seen as a real job, so those working those jobs are seen as unskilled because the pay is so low. If the wages go up, then the jobs will once again be seen as "real jobs". When that happens, then those working the jobs will again be perceived as "skilled tradesmen" instead of just manual labor. Unions can only change this perception if unions are again given the power to organize the workers unfettered by management. Unions will first have to gain strength and then lift up their workers working conditions and pay.

Well I certainly hope that they want them. I didn't mean for it to sound like I agreed with this view. Learning how to do something concrete and practical is always a useful skill. I think home construction methods should be taught in every high school.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David