Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Update

Hubby has called several times. He said his troops are welding fences, they will be quite a bit below the ground and 16' tall. I asked him if they were the type where one can place their foot on it and climb over, he said no.

Said he took a trip to Wal-mart, asked a lady who worked there, where the lighter fluid was....she didn't know what he was talking about!!

Said most employees are Mexican, didn't know if they were legal or not, but was told if they cross the borders, they have to show paper work.

Said one guy that is over the Border patrol in that area, told them he is so fed up with the crime and drugs flowing in.

Said he told his troops, it was a good thing his wife wasn't there, that I would go ballistic!

He said the temp. was 106 deg. but no humidity.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Still awful hot to be doing welding..........sounds like it's a trip there. Make sure to say a big thank you to hubby!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Still awful hot to be doing welding..........sounds like it's a trip there. Make sure to say a big thank you to hubby!!!!!
    Thanks, will do.

Forgot.....he said so many people are coming up to them and thanking them, even Latino's. He said people in their cars will toot their horns and wave the "thumb up" to them.

Moosetracks,
    Thank you for the update, I was wondering today about your husband and was going to PM you for a update, please continue to do so.
    106 degrees is hot but the lack of humidity in the desert makes it so it is not as bad as it sounds.
    Please give him and the troops he is with all my best.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Moosetracks, tell your hubby to make sure he knows the signs of heat stroke, keep drinking that water. It is so dam hot, I am thinking of migrating north over Canada's border The weather men and news media keep saying as how hot it is in the city in the 90s, I say they should be here has been in the triple digits for the last month with all the humidity Okla is so famous for! Tell your hubby a big thanks, for all that he is having to endure to keep the rest of us a little more protected, we sure appreciate it.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nitty,

Thanks,

He had a small stroke in Feb., but he still denies it!!! He tries to keep up with the younger Guards...but if he gets overheated, he does the right things.

It's been so hot here, the dogs won't stay out longer than 5 minutes....I love cold weather, would like to live in an icebox!

Moosetracks's
    It's been so hot here, the dogs won't stay out longer than 5 minutes....I love cold weather, would like to live in an icebox!
    I think most mooses like cold weather, don't they ? Well, Moosetracks please send appreciation to your husband from all of us. He's doing a job every American in the country wants to do !! Thanks for keeping us updated. That's good news from the border.

Thanks for the update Moosetracks!

Your husband still needs to watch the heat. Humidity has a lot to do with the "comfort" level. I never worked in a desert environment but have made a couple of trips to Alaska. We had low humidity there and the cold didn't "feel" bad but you sure could get frostbite fast enough. I'm sure heat stroke/exhaustion works the same way.

Someone asked about the fencing. From what I've seen on the news they are assembling together pieces of what I used to call "portable flightline". The Air Force uses it when they would have to establish an air base from scratch in the middle of no where. This stuff is heavy metal and solid, no foot or hand holds to climb with.

Moosetracks, tell you husband to send pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    Thanks for the update Moosetracks!

Your husband still needs to watch the heat. Humidity has a lot to do with the "comfort" level. I never worked in a desert environment but have made a couple of trips to Alaska. We had low humidity there and the cold didn't "feel" bad but you sure could get frostbite fast enough. I'm sure heat stroke/exhaustion works the same way.

Someone asked about the fencing. From what I've seen on the news they are assembling together pieces of what I used to call "portable flightline". The Air Force uses it when they would have to establish an air base from scratch in the middle of no where. This stuff is heavy metal and solid, no foot or hand holds to climb with.

Moosetracks, tell you husband to send pictures!
    Hi John,
    Next time he calls will have him buy a disposable camera, if he hasn't already. He has some pictures of the work they did a couple of years ago on the fence in California.

If he does get pix. I will need valuable info from all of you here on how to post them......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast