Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

i hope the illegal immgrants make a HUGE push for this ..

TONS of reps are now on record saying that they wanted to vote for this but didn't because of the defence bill attachment , or that they would vote on this if they got relected , which several of them did ...

i want to see protests , i want to see the streets FILLED to the brim with illegal immgrants....

i want the country to SEE how many of them are here ... and i want americans to be REMINDED daily of their DEMANDS ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Thanks for posting that. We'll all keep an eye on this -if needed, we'll call in force...

I did not know the lame duck session could be as little as 2 weeks. That's quite interesting to know.
    It could , depending on how soon they want to start their holidays

I think Piglosi has the power to keep them in session as long as she
    wants to.

I noticed Cavuto also had a large segment on illegal immigration but
    I missed it (on the phone)

This is going to get a lot of talking head time I think

I can see it now Pelosi keeping Congress in Session until they pass the Dream Act. I can hear her now "Nobody gets Christmas until these poor illegal immigrants get their Dream".

Pelosi and Reid have it all timed, they want to be remembered as having given to all illegal kids the greatest Christmas Gift in the world - American Citizenship.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I can see it now Pelosi keeping Congress in Session until they pass the Dream Act. I can hear her now "Nobody gets Christmas until these poor illegal immigrants get their Dream".

Pelosi and Reid have it all timed, they want to be remembered as having given to all illegal kids the greatest Christmas Gift in the world - American Citizenship.
    As for Reid and Piglosi, this might be their dream , but a whole lot of congress people might have different ideas

Kay Hagan response:

November 12, 2010
    Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act. I greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue.

The DREAM Act (S. 729) was introduced on March 26, 2009 and referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Similar bills have been introduced during previous Congresses, but never garnered enough support to pass.

The DREAM Act would provide illegal immigrants who are students with a path to citizenship. Under the DREAM Act, these students could receive conditional permanent residency if they meet certain criteria, including: entering the United States before age 16; living in the United States for at least five continuous years immediately before the bill becomes effective; graduating from high school or gaining admission into an institute of higher education; having "good moral character;" and being younger than 35 when the bill becomes effective. Students must also demonstrate that they are not inadmissible to the country and are not under final order for deportation or removal. After a six year period of conditional permanent residency, these individuals could then apply for citizenship if they continued to demonstrate "good moral character," continued to live in the United States, and completed at least two years of higher education or served at least two years in the military.

Like you, I oppose the DREAM Act and amnesty. While I am open to considering some of the provisions of the DREAM Act in the context of comprehensive immigration reform, I do not support this bill as a stand-alone measure. I strongly believe that the United States must take the necessary steps to fix the way we handle illegal immigration, and I am committed to achieving practical, bipartisan, comprehensive reform that will protect taxpayers and address the problem of illegal immigration at its core. We must strengthen our borders, crack down on employers who knowingly hire illegal workers, and shut down the underground economy. With our economy in peril, it is more important than ever to ensure that we are protecting the jobs, wages and working conditions of American workers.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Kay R. Hagan

People who "SUCK" should sale vacuum cleaners!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    i hope the illegal immgrants make a HUGE push for this ..

TONS of reps are now on record saying that they wanted to vote for this but didn't because of the defence bill attachment , or that they would vote on this if they got relected , which several of them did ...

i want to see protests , i want to see the streets FILLED to the brim with illegal immgrants....

i want the country to SEE how many of them are here ... and i want americans to be REMINDED daily of their DEMANDS ...
    I am with you on that! Every time they make a big hoopla it only angers Americans more.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Banned
    This would depend on the version

The house version is different from the senate version

If they are passed they would have to reconcile them.

My understanding is a lot of senators aren't keen on their stand alone
    version, same on the house version with its upper age limit to 35

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12