Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ACTION

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

URGENT ACTION

Date: 2006/02/08 Wed PM 01:26:21 EST
    Subject: Fw: ****IFIRE Alert****

Dear IFIRE friends:

I couldn't have said it better than Tish, co-director of the new IFIRE chapter in Indianapolis!

The President's budget request is arrogant, insulting and outrageous! A guestworker program has not even been passed by Congress, yet he budgets for it while failing to sufficiently fund immigration enforcement provisions that have already passed! I would say this is a stab in the back but it's more like a stab in the heart of hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying Americans!

It's critical that your representatives hear from you on this, no matter what state you live in.

Cheree
    www.ifire.org
    Valparaiso, IN

The President has requested $247 million in his budget for implementing his "temporary guest worker" program, while he has only requested a combined total of $153 million for immigration enforcement and voluntary employer verification of worker eligibility. This is an outrage! They want to steal more of our hard-earned dollars in order to REWARD illegal aliens! Please write, call or fax your Senators, the President and Vice President to tell them to REJECT this request!

Contact info., below, is followed by the letter I sent today, via e-mail and fax. Go get them, folks. They're going to keep ignoring us just as long as we let them!

Tish

George W. Bush

President (R)

Web:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

E-mail:

comments@whitehouse.gov

Phone:

(202) 456-1414

Fax:

(202) 456-2461

Address:

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
    The White House
    Washington, District of Columbia 20500-0003

Richard 'Dick' B. Cheney

Vice President (R)

Web:

E-mail:

vice.president@whitehouse.gov

Phone:

(202) 456-1414

Fax:

(202) 456-7044

Address:

The White House

Laura Bush

First Lady (R)

Web:

E-mail:

first.lady@whitehouse.gov

Phone:

(202) 456-1414

Fax:

(202) 456-2461

Address:

The White House

Evan Bayh

US Senator for Indiana (D)

Web:

http://bayh.senate.gov

E-mail:

Email Web Form

Phone:

(202) 224-5623

Fax:

(202) 228-1377

Address:

United States Senate
    463 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, District of Columbia 20510-0001

Richard 'Dick' G. Lugar

US Senator for Indiana (R)

Web:

http://lugar.senate.gov

E-mail:

senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov

Phone:

(202) 224-4814

Fax:

(202) 228-0360

Address:

United States Senate
    306 Hart Senate Office Building

President George W. Bush

Vice President Richard B. Cheney

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Northwest

The White House

All Members of the United States Senate

Dear Mr. President, Mr. Vice President and People of the Senate,

I am writing you after learning that $247 million has been requested in the budget to implement a Temporary Guest Worker Program for illegal aliens in our country, while only $153 million is being requested for immigration enforcement and voluntary employer verification of worker eligibility. I urge you to reject this proposal.

With all due respect, this proposal is insane. Americans are already paying billions of dollars each and every year because the federal government has ignored our country’s immigration laws. And now you want more of our money so you can reward illegal aliens for breaking our laws? As an American who voted for you twice, Mr. President, I am appalled. Illegal aliens cost us too much as it is, and they are taking our jobs. Between the years 2000 and 2004, approximately 1.8 million jobs were created. However, the jobs held by native born Americans during that time period actually DECREASED by half a million. Jobs held by the foreign born, including illegal aliens, rose by 1.3 million. Americans are actually being displaced because our government refuses to enforce our country’s laws!! Under those circumstances, how can any United States politician promote legalizing, temporary or otherwise, illegal alien workers? You were all elected to look after your constituents’ best interests, not that of illegal aliens’.

We need our laws enforced, not ignored under pressure of wailing Latin American government officials or American businesses. Rampant immigration only benefits them. It does not benefit Americans as a whole. It is harmful for young American men, especially African Americans who are disproportionately affected, looking for entry level jobs into various industries, jobs which are being given to illegal aliens who will work for lower wages and, in many cases, for cash under the table. The massive influx of illegal aliens over the past decade has also been particularly harmful to our school children whose classes are held back because of the extra time needed to teach English to illegal alien children or children of illegal aliens. The cost to teach English as a second language alone is costing your constituents tens of billions of dollars annually.

American jobs are being taken by illegal and legal aliens in the United States. They are not simply taking jobs that Americans will not do, and this has repeatedly been proven in various recent studies. American workers have to, in many instances, compete with groups of low wage illegal aliens in various industries and jobs – construction, food service, pipefitting, and roofing, just to name a few. Making illegal aliens legal will not help those you were elected to look after – your American constituents.

This does not even take into consideration the numerous other ways Americans are negatively impacted by rampant immigration. Your constituents pay higher medical bills to cover for the costs of care illegal aliens receive but cannot pay for. Hospitals, wherein your constituents are working, are forced to close down services, costing your constituents jobs, because caring for illegal aliens has become too costly. Your constituents are paying higher insurance premiums to cover for the costs of uninsured illegal alien drivers. Your constituents are paying higher education costs because of the influx of people who have come, and continue to come, here illegally. The costs to incarcerate illegal aliens, which reaches tens of billions of dollars annually, are also paid by your constituents, an expense that would not exist had our laws simply been enforced and respected. We are seeing a resurgence of diseases once thought long gone, such as tuberculosis, in cities where high populations of illegal aliens are found. Many of these cases are found to be “drug resistant,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought this should be posted here as well. This is from Cheree with IFIRE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I cut & pasted it, signed it and sent it to Jorge, Ricardo and 100 Senators. Well, ALMOST 100. Some of those elitist pricks won't evem accept an out-of-state e-mail.

Banned
    even, even......

dxd
    LegalUSCitizen,
    This is similar to an approach Former President Clinton tried to get amnesty. In Clinton's case he would actually veto appropriations bills passed by congress. He told congress he would not sign them unless they attached amnesty. But the republican congress held strong and kept passing continuing resolutions(CR's) to fund the government.

Keep in mind what you posted is just a budget request, the actual budget would have to be passed by congress, but it does show that President Bush remains fully committed to stuffing guest worker amnesty down the throats of the American people against their will AND he wants us the taxpayer's to pay for it.

If they senators and congressmembers ignored the previous emails you sent why would they suddendly do what you want now?

The insanity here amazes me. When will you people get it?

THE GOVERMENT WILL NEVER DEPORT THE ILLEGALS AND SECURE THE BORDER. It is up to the common patriotic citizen like you and I to solve this for DC has no intrest in helping us. [/u]

Banned
    Well, they haven't ignored mine, yet. Maybe it's insanity, maybe it's just blind hope. I don't know. What I do know is this. At this point in time sending e-mails and doing a little research is ALL I can do. So that's what I do.

Maybe you have a suggestion? What do YOU think I should do? Something constructive, I hope?

Yeah join the Minuteman Project and patrol the border.

Banned
    That was rather flip, don't you think? As a single father responsible for 3 kids (WITH custody), wouldn't you think my time is better spent taking care of THEM? Of course, if you'd like to finance that little border trip for me, I'd be more than happy to go.

Are you volunteering your checkbook? Or just your HOT AIR?

Banned
    What? Fresh out of condescension? Or are you just a tad embarrassed? Tell me, Chris. I'd like to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast